X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flynn1959
    replied
    Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    I think Daniel is the glory hog actually. "Oh look at me! I can shoot a gun while Khalek is distracted! I'm so awesome Woolsey! You suck, cos I was right! All glory to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    Wasn't Mitchell there too? Is he another glory hog? Teal'c was on his way in there as well, if I recall. Sam? Well now she was up in the control room taking credit for Daniel's plan I believe.

Woolsey was wrong and Daniel was right...again. I think the glory flowing Daniel's way is well deserved and well earned. Unlike some.

Leave a comment:

• flynn1959
    replied
    Originally posted by rnwhocares View Post
    She is a glory hog. Time and time again

Yes. Glory hog is a very good way to describe Carter.

Leave a comment:

• flynn1959
    replied
    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Actually it does. It says...almost audibly even, "I think the opinions about Carter you continually present as fact are a pile of crapola that I personally believe are based more on your bias against her than any actual 'evidence'." Thus the eye rolling.

The almost literal translation for that particular smilie reads something like, "Oh brother." Or at least that's what I'm thinking while I'm typing it.

<-----(sarcastic eye wink)
    Which smilie says, 'Carter is a repulsive character with no redeeming features, who spoils the show for millions of people worldwide'?

Now that is a symbol I think would get more than its fair share of use!

Leave a comment:

• Agent_Dark
    replied
    I think Daniel is the glory hog actually. "Oh look at me! I can shoot a gun while Khalek is distracted! I'm so awesome Woolsey! You suck, cos I was right! All glory to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Leave a comment:

• jckfan55
    replied
    I've never seen it. And I can think of at least one time without even trying where she gave credit where credit was due--Jonas' idea to move the gate when Anubis was attacking it. Hammond says: "Good work Major." And she says: "It wasn't all my idea." She also tells O'Neill that it was Jonas' idea.

Leave a comment:

• rnwhocares
    replied
    Well that's an interesting opinion but I think the wealth of examples where she gives credit to others/shares credit speaks to the contrary.

No one on that team is a glory hog. No one there cares about being acknowledged or praised or getting commendations. They're there because it's their mission...their calling. Not because of any praise they can accrue for themselves.Actually it does. It says...almost audibly even, "I think the opinions about Carter you continually present as fact are a pile of crapola that I personally believe are based more on your bias against her than any actual 'evidence'." Thus the eye rolling.

The almost literal translation for that particular smilie reads something like, "Oh brother." Or at least that's what I'm thinking while I'm typing it.

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    And again I say...it's what she does best!
    Well that's an interesting opinion but I think the wealth of examples where she gives credit to others/shares credit speaks to the contrary.

No one on that team is a glory hog. No one there cares about being acknowledged or praised or getting commendations. They're there because it's their mission...their calling. Not because of any praise they can accrue for themselves.
    BTW/OT, a little smilie thingie isn't actually saying anything, it's a symbol.
    Actually it does. It says...almost audibly even, "I think the opinions about Carter you continually present as fact are a pile of crapola that I personally believe are based more on your bias against her than any actual 'evidence'." Thus the eye rolling.

Last edited by Uber; 10 March 2007, 01:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    Ah, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Leave a comment:

• flynn1959
    replied
    And again I say ""
    And again I say...it's what she does best!

BTW/OT, a little smilie thingie isn't actually saying anything, it's a symbol.

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    Hey, it's what she does best after all.
    And again I say ""

Leave a comment:

• flynn1959
    replied
    And it was daniels idea to have him return back to the SGC at the end and once again Sam takes the credit
    Hey, it's what she does best after all.

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    And it was daniels idea to have him return back to the SGC at the end and once again Sam takes the credit

Leave a comment:

• rnwhocares
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Angela V
    replied
    OhI so love DVDs! Never got to see season 9, just a few episodes because of my t.v. station. though they are doing well for season 10

Oh my. Just love all the action. My son was so shocked to see Cam and Daniel at the end shooting the guy. And he's a bit annoyed Vala's gone. Sigh, Bobby's only 7! He's not suppose to be drooling over sci-fi chicks yet.

I didn't know what I'd think of Cam and Vala but hey, I like them! Kind of helps that I've seen Farscape I think. And it's what? Over a year since season 9 started on t.v.? I've had time to mull over the thought of Jack sniff being gone.

Leave a comment:

• travis
    replied
    though I have watched this many time but last night was a fisrt in a while and I have to say how much I really enjoyed it as much as the first time. And yes Khalek was definitely awesome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X