No announcement yet.

Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Beachhead discussion thread here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14673
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta
      And how is reading other peoples *opinions* going to increase MY *Understanding*?

I watch the show. I have formed an opinion based on what I have seen. Why should I be 'not understanding' something that other people have understood better, in your opinion.

Please don't be so darn patronising.
      relax
      by reading others opinions, you can get more ideas on the subject. that's what i do, that's how i learn about stuf.

just want to be friendly... GOD!

Comment

Originally posted by alterran1
        first of all let me say I HATE the fact that they have now changed the Goa'uld into comic relief i mean that fat guy was no goa'ul, did the team actually check him for a symbiote?

also when he said that "the ORI are the closest things to god" surely the goa'uld who have been masquarading as gods all that time would know that although they are powerful... it doesn't give them god-like status.
        Uh... yeah. Which is why he very clearly stated that they were the "closest things" to gods, not actually gods. He knows they're just highly advanced aliens, but he doesn't care. His aim in following them was to attain as much personal power for himself as he could, and if the Ori were willing to help him ascend, well, that'd be a hell of a lot of power he'd be getting. As far as I'm concerned, he was more than suitably self-centered in his motivations for helping the Ori in true Goa'uld fashion.

As for the comedy relief thing, I didn't mind. It's nice to see a Goa'uld who isn't so incredibly over-the-top eeeeeevil every once in a while. Goa'uld like Heru'ur and Sokar become comic relief to me just because they're so arch that they become goofy. Nerus was fun and more complex than your average Goa'uld all at once, since he was actually quite sinister but he hid it behind such an irreverent facade that it's hard to suspect he could hurt a fly. He's the kind of guy who seems like he'd lull you into a false sense of security and then stab you in the back. He's no less evil than the guy who makes it known that he hates you, and he'd probably have an easier time of killing you since your guard would be down.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Why would someone like Nerus be interested in ascending? When you ascend, you give up all things physical, and it seems that Nerus only exists for physical pleasure.

Comment

He's still a Goa'uld, and as Teal'c would point out, "All Goa'uld desire personal power." I think Ascending would qualify.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Since the Asgard beaming technology, even Goa’uld built knockoffs of the Asgard beaming technology a la Endgame, is apparently more than capable of beaming stargates, I’m wondering what would have happened if someone had hit on the bright idea of trying to beam the Gate out of the forcefield:

Prior: “And when I die, I will Ascend! It is the promise – “

(Stargate vanishes in a flash of white light)

Prior: ::gapes, jaw a-dangle, while clunky staff of office drops from apparently nerveless fingers::

Vala: “Boy, all the secrets of the universe couldn’t see that one coming, eh? So, do you get burnt to a crust and laid in the dust now, or do you just stand there and look ridiculous while you die of asphyxiation in this poisonous atmosphere?”

(Bomb and humans and Jaffa vanish in a flash of white light, and reappear in the Prometheus’ EVA bay, where Sam and Pendergast are waiting.)

Mitchell: ::crawling out of his suit:: “So I assume that was you guys? What’d you do with the Gate?”

Sam: “Beamed it into the sun. We know energy can be sent through active Gates – the Ancients built weapons to attack Gates that did just that. We thought that might be what was powering the forcefield, so we decided to try removing the power source before we *had* to use the Mark IX.”

Vala: “For someone who practically invented that bomb, you sure don’t seem to want to see it go bang.”

Mitchell
              : “The Mark IX probably seems like small potatoes for Sam, since she blown up a sun.”

Vala: ::eyeing Daniel sideways:: “So I’m not the only woman around here who thinks size matters, eh???? In vegetables or… other things???? Hmm???”

Daniel: ::eyebrows and hands leaping up amid general laughter:: “Oh, please!”

Vala: ::sauntering over to Daniel:: “Now, Daniel, you know you don’t have to beg and plead and say please, but since you’ve asked soooo politely…”

...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

just rewatched it, two things came to mind

"blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

that made me laugh

and "the fuse is twitchy"?? nuclear weapons don't work like that

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  Since the Asgard beaming technology, even Goa’uld built knockoffs of the Asgard beaming technology a la Endgame, is apparently more than capable of beaming stargates, I’m wondering what would have happened if someone had hit on the bright idea of trying to beam the Gate out of the forcefield:

Prior: ::gapes, jaw a-dangle, while clunky staff of office drops from apparently nerveless fingers::

Vala: “Boy, all the secrets of the universe couldn’t see that one coming, eh? So, do you get burnt to a crust and laid in the dust now, or do you just stand there and look ridiculous while you die of asphyxiation in this poisonous atmosphere?”

(Bomb and humans and Jaffa vanish in a flash of white light, and reappear in the Prometheus’ EVA bay, where Sam and Pendergast are waiting.)

Mitchell: ::crawling out of his suit:: “So I assume that was you guys? What’d you do with the Gate?”

Sam: “Beamed it into the sun. We know energy can be sent through active Gates – the Ancients built weapons to attack Gates that did just that. We thought that might be what was powering the forcefield, so we decided to try removing the power source before we *had* to use the Mark IX.”

Vala: “For someone who practically invented that bomb, you sure don’t seem to want to see it go bang.”

Mitchell
                  : “The Mark IX probably seems like small potatoes for Sam, since she blown up a sun.”

Vala: ::eyeing Daniel sideways:: “So I’m not the only woman around here who thinks size matters, eh???? In vegetables or… other things???? Hmm???”

Vala: ::sauntering over to Daniel:: “Now, Daniel, you know you don’t have to beg and plead and say please, but since you’ve asked soooo politely…”

I had the same though, then transport the bomb to it's location. The bomb would have taken care of the stargate, and the forcefield would eventually die off.
                  Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                  Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Just out of curiosity...did anyone else hear pendergast mention "main railgun"--in the singular, not plural, indicating that he was in no way referring to the point defense system--when they were preparing to fire on the energy field?
                    sigpic
                    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                      I think it might be Amanda that has to get back on her feet.
                      Well, yes, that too, of course.

Comment

Mitchell

Asgard beams can beam a Stargate, sure... but I don't think they can beam a Stargate with an active wormhole. Just a thought.

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

ok

Comment

Mitchell

Man, I think you should be writing SG1--great dialogue! LOL.

good plot point too

Comment

I thought this was a great episode, The Goa'uld was Great, the idea of the expanding shield and the Super Gate was also great. But most of all it was having sam finally come back, god i missed her!

Great episode - 9/10

Comment

loved the episode. So glad A/T is back and she and Vala were great together.Sad about Vala though.Did anyone else catch it when Sam says Not available when asked if she is single? Is there hope for S/J shippers yet? Anyone have any thoughts on this from this episode? Will the PTB finally resolve this question since Jack is no longer on the show? I agree with everything that the others have said.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Working...
                                X