No announcement yet.

Origin (903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rings were an improvement, and that city, was what I would expect of a great civilization. Why were the Ori restricted to that room, perhaps it served as some sort of medium, like the Doci, but should they not be somewhere grander, a higher plane, still it was was intriguing to see telekinetics, fascinating area, of possible evolutionary paths, I would like to see more advanced humans, with more astounding capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
      *Smart idea Mitchell had with throwing the device into the Stargate vortex...so cool!!
      That was great. I should have seen that coming but somehow didn't.

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
      *The ending with Jack was really good. I loved it! It reminded me of Full Circle in the elevator..."Nice to see you too."
      These scenes just seem awkward to me (especially Origin). The characters do not seem natural around each other but maybe that is how it should play. Dunno.

Comment

What happened to that guy at the end. DId he become a Prior?Did he know that was going to happen or was he tricked into it?

Overall outstanding ep i really see what the producers are talking about when they say this is like the old sg-1. The writing and acting could not have been better. AWESOME

Comment

Hmmm, I am going to have to watch this again before I can decide what I really thought about it. Off the top of my head I can say I have no problem with the Orii and think this plotline has great potential. However, it does kind of make me nervous for ratings and new viewers, I actually know people that wont watch Hellboy because they think its sacreligious. On the other hand it could pull in a bunch of viewers like the 2nd post indicated.

Overall on first viewing I liked the ep but thought there was just somthing.... missing. And Im not talking about the RDA scenes... what they couldnt get him and MS in the same room at the same time? They should have just left that out as badly as it was done.... Oh well, no good sendoff and no actual confirmation of where he went. Maybe we will get confirmation next ep.

I like Daneil trying to talk some since into the Prior and Doci, very Daniel. I feel kind of bad for him, he knows hes messed up caused a crusade against our galaxy by some big bad evil dudes plus he caused the horrible death of 2 inocent people.

I was impressed with Vala. She faced her second impending death very well. I think Tea'lc would have been proud.

Mitchell didnt have much to do. This ep he had the lines I couldnt understand instead of MS... dont know if he was talking fast or low or what but I couldnt really understand half of what he said.

So Garak is not just an annoying jaffa hes a potential murdering powermonger with his own first prime, thats disturbing. I see much annoying dialogue coming from him.

Tea'lc did he actually speak in this ep? He certainly looked good in it but he like Mitchell didnt seem to have much to do.

Doc was ok as was Landry and Lee. Walter was stellar as always (wheres Siler!!!)

I think the priors are scarier then the Doci. Doci were a bit OTT for me but the priors are just creepy.

I would give this ep a B- on first viewing. Still good but not as good as Avalon 1 and 2 in my opinion, which may change on second viewing.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

yeeehaaww i like this new stuff. Things are gettin spicier!!!!!!

Comment

That was a great episode, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
              I'm going to like to see how far the Ori will go before they risk having to deal with the Ancients.

Comment

I didn't see anything anti Christian in this. And, I'm a Christian, although that really isn't important to the discussion. For one thing, the Ori are just Ancients, but unlike the Ancients we've met before, they've made themselves into gods and demand worship. They're highly evolved humans. And, there were various remarks that conveyed that the show wasn't saying don't believe in a higher power. Daniel is open to the idea that Ascension is the ultimate end, he just objected to the idea of forcing it. Mitchell had respect for his grandmother's belief in the Biblical God, and he also seemed to believe that there is a higher power controlling everything. No one is against believing.

I didn't see this as anti any religion, really. Just anti a sect of people of this particular belief. That these people believe in destroying anyone who doesn't agree. As we've seen, not all the Ancients feel that way, although the others go the opposite extreme and don't do anything.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by mindtwister
                  That was a great episode, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
                  I'm going to like to see how far the Ori will go before they risk having to deal with the Ancients.
                  You know I didnt get the since that the Ori were all that concerned about dealing with the Ancients. Kinda seemed like they consider the Ancients younger and stupider and traitors.

On the other hand I am getting a definit B5 Shadows Vs Vorlons vibe with is good cause that was an awesome show (IMHO).
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

One thing that I was really worried about after Avalon I has not happened and I am very relieved. I thought Avalon I and the King Arthur stuff was very cheesy due to all the humor. I was afraid that if the Orii were introduced that way then they would be a big joke - kind of like the Go'auld were getting to be (Jack always greeting them with sarcasm, etc.).

Well, after Avalon II and Origin I am pleased. The Orii are a very menacing and scary enemy. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
                      I would have to disagree here. The little snippets of Jack in these episodes is a Jack I never knew. The guy looks half asleep. I love Jack but if he is going to sleepwalk through his scenes then he shouldn't be around at all. The word that comes to mind is "sad".
                      I have to agree with you. It was very sad to see how disconnected and awkward the scene was with Daniel. It looked like some of the scene was even shot using body doubles. The scene with Mitchell was OK. Passing the torch so to speak.

We still don't know any more about why Jack took the promotion.

On the episode, it was GREAT. Unlike some past seasons, this one appears to be getting better and better with each episode.
                      The story line was good. I'm waiting to see where they are going with it and for Sam to return to saving the world.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                        You know I didnt get the since that the Ori were all that concerned about dealing with the Ancients. Kinda seemed like they consider the Ancients younger and stupider and traitors.

On the other hand I am getting a definit B5 Shadows Vs Vorlons vibe with is good cause that was an awesome show (IMHO).

I see that, from what i've seen i think the ori might under estimate the ancients power like you say they might consider them young stupid and traitors. Ultimately i don't think they would want to get into a war with each other it would be like oma and anubis.
                        Last edited by mindtwister; 29 July 2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Great episode, in my opinion. Definitely like where tptb are going with the Ori. Different from the goa'uld, the Ori actually seem to think they are the good guys. Wouldn't that make fighting them all the more dramatic. Two sides, both equally believing the other is evil. Can't wait for the storyline to develop further. I know it may be early in the season still, but I'll tell you this, my fridays this year are definitely all booked.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            I didn't see anything anti Christian in this. And, I'm a Christian, although that really isn't important to the discussion. For one thing, the Ori are just Ancients, but unlike the Ancients we've met before, they've made themselves into gods and demand worship. They're highly evolved humans. And, there were various remarks that conveyed that the show wasn't saying don't believe in a higher power. Daniel is open to the idea that Ascension is the ultimate end, he just objected to the idea of forcing it. Mitchell had respect for his grandmother's belief in the Biblical God, and he also seemed to believe that there is a higher power controlling everything. No one is against believing.

I didn't see this as anti any religion, really. Just anti a sect of people of this particular belief. That these people believe in destroying anyone who doesn't agree. As we've seen, not all the Ancients feel that way, although the others go the opposite extreme and don't do anything.
                            Unfortunatly it doesnt matter whether you or I see it or not. People who tend to complain about stuff like that will likely see it. Lets face it, people who want to complain will see what they want to complain about in anything. Stargate is just making it a bit easier for them and I can see this storyline giving them an "in" to complain.

On the other hand I personally love storylines like this as I stated before Im a big B5 fan. I think if TPTB play this right this could be a much better, much more interesting storyline then the Go'uld ever were.
                            Last edited by AGateFan; 29 July 2005, 07:03 PM. Reason: other hand makes more since then "on the other"

Comment

That Prior dude creeped me out. Eeeek!

Agree Mitchell didn't have much to do, but I love his "That's what I'm talking bout!" moments.

I could understand Daniel without rewinding my TiVo.

Very very disappointed in RDA's cameo. I know they wanted to give us a look at him, but I'd rather they hadn't. Please tell me that's not his last appearance this year, cause that ain't how I want to remember him. I don't think I can bear to watch that scene again.

Comment

Oh, what has happened to this show? This is the darkest I have ever seen and it disturbs me. What made Stargate: SG-1 captivating to me was that it looked real - like it could actually be taking place right now. Now it's just too sci-fi.

And Jack? My poor Jack. That entire ending fell flat. It should have ended with Jack and Daniel. The Jack and Mitchell scene felt to me like it was "passing the torch" and I didn't need to be reminded again that Mitchell is the new guy. Mitchell's okay, but something's lacking. Maybe when Sam returns it'll feel better. But the soul is missing in this show right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X