X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im on my computer chair doing both.

Comment

In my humble opinion I liked this show.

It was slow but it was the first part in a three parter and it had to be slow. Mitchell at first was low key confident and then his bubble burst SG-1 was empty. Then a kind of sadness and disappointment set in the character. Then he accepted it and the auditions were funny. When Daniel and Teal'c stayed it is as if the Mitchell character came alive. Kid in a candy store is right.

Teal'c is funny, it's like he has seen better men and he is not impressed.

I have to say when Vala was talking I put the tv on mute and read the closed captioning at first but I eventually got used to it. It was not as bad as PU in IMO. Other than that I like her for what it is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        I am NOT crying about it, that is simply my OPINION!
        And it's a valid opinion... nobody should say otherwise!

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
          Im on my computer chair doing both.
          You clever dog, you.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

WOW! Amazing!! So many things to say, huh?

*The flashbacks were excellent...all very well placed and gave a good background of Mitchell
            *SG-1 split up, kinda sad "I didn't want two letters, a dash, and a number"
            *SAM! Yay! At least we got to "see" her
            *Dakara was amazing "I guess politics suck everywhere"
            *Chess scene between O'Neill/Landry
            *Vala! "Let's make babies!"
            *The hospital scene where Mitchell is flashing in and out...well-done!!
            *Cliffhanger ending! Too bad Season 9 Premiers could not have been 2 hours like last year!!

I think BB brought a lot to the episode - humor and his character. "Limited genepool" comes to mind thanks to Vala. Similarities yes, but I really didn't notice the lack of RDA sadly. BB did an excellent job "replacing" Jack as he did. Though RDA will surely be missed, I, PERSONALLY, will not be as affected because I like what BB brings to the table!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
              And it's a valid opinion... nobody should say otherwise!

Ace
              You didn't, but briguy213 did, saying I was being a baby and crying about it.

Comment

Well. I honestly can't say I'm disappointed. I honestly can say that I now HATE two-parters.

So it wasn't the same SG1 that we've all known & loved. It was irreverent. It was a bit of a weirdish plot. There wasn't much action. Teal'c's eyebrow was doing overtime.

I loved it anyway.

What was good:
                a. I [heart] Vala. She brings a certain levity that I admire. It's a little like Jack's humor, but a bit more, um...yeah. And I can even forgiven the shirt (or lack thereof).
                b. Browder's character--Cameron. He's a nice cross between Daniel and Sheppard. Not Jack...but next best, I guess.
                c. Plot. Arthurian legend's a nice change. Love the idea of Merlin being an Ancient. This certainly puts the Green Knight's wife in a different light.
                d. Dialogue. Quick, snappy, and again, with irreverence, and the best part of the show. I believe I had tea out my nose at one point. I've got to stop laughing while ingesting.
                e. Walter! The Chevron Guy is psychic! Whee!

What wasn't good:
                a. For God's sake, give us a *little* more RDA! I don't care if he's technically a guest star, last we saw he was still ranking officer at the SGC.
                b. Am I the only one who thought that this "months have passed" deal was a cop-out? Have they been peaceful? Did anyone actually take reassignment gracefully (come ON--didn't they do something like that in 'Chain Reaction'?) What the hell's been going on lately? How're the Asgaard? What's this about the Jaffa nation not going too well? Have we heard from the Tok'ra? And what exactly prompted the breaking up of the flagship team?
                c. Wish they'd stuck all the flashbacks at the beginning instead of intermittently throughout. Choppy. Grrr.
                d. When I am off the PC, I am going to voodoo the SciFi execs. I don't like this new 10-second deal. There's no suspension time between the start of the show and the start of the episode. I don't feel like the ep's started for a few minutes in, and now you expect me to adapt to *this*?! Double grrr.
                e. This isn't a bad point, (thought certainly not good), couldn't be helped..but I'm missing Sam already.

Despite my grousing, I'm excited. Can't wait for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  Rocket's Review:

I was a little perturbed over the timeline of events though. The Daedalus just leaving does perhaps explain why "THE SEIGE"
                  Spoiler:
                  the letter Everett gave Weir was signed by O'Neill, not Hammond,
                  but it does mean that this episode took part before "The Seige," Part Two, which contradicts the fact that Sam called a PJ a jumper in "Moebius," Part One. Had they not recieved Atlantis's transmission, it would not have been called that. Basically, Teal'c should not have been gone for a month, according to that figure. But this is a minor thing that I can live with.

Rocket's Rating: A-
                  When Daniel wakes up in the Infirmary they tell him the Daedalus has been gone for 3 days, so I'm guessing he was out for that long. So part of the episode deals before, and part during.
                  Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                    When Daniel wakes up in the Infirmary they tell him the Daedalus has been gone for 3 days, so I'm guessing he was out for that long. So part of the episode deals before, and part during.
                    They actually said two hours ago, not three days.
                    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277

correct me if im wrong but i think it was only 2 hours it was gone if im correct
                      My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                        I have to COMPLETELY disagree with you on the "flashback" scenes. I loved them... the certainly made me feel like the rest of SG-1 had already known Mitchell and this wasn't forced. Well done to the Special Effects department!!

The story I thought was entertaining... the only thing I didn't really like was that it was a "To Be Continued" episode. I hate those... But I can't wait till next week to see the conclusion.

Ohh and regarding the Congressional Medal of Honor given to Mitchell... I think I will take a line from O'Neill and say "Nice...."

Ace
                        i *really* liked mitchell. i connected with him and felt for him.

i was VERY happy to see sam in the ep, even though she wasn't actually 'there'.

i liked landry a lot too.

(((jack)))

vala. i couldn't bring myself to watch her. i already had doubts about watching anymore stuff with her because of prometheus unbound, but monday's scifi special made me *really* not want to watch her stuff. so, i fast-forwarded (recored it first) through stargate the moment vala came through the gate.

what i saw looked good, but i only saw the first few minutes of mitchell and landry's introductions.

i'm a huge sam fan, so this is hard for me to watch stargate without my fave character. but i wanted to see what mitchell and landry were about, so i'm glad i gave them a chance (and i'm not disappointed). i'll be returning to stargate when sam/amanda returns.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Pleasantly surprised - was prepared to hate it. It was a little fluffy but a good intro to the new team.

They introduced Mitchell perfectly - they had to make him a hero, who helped save SG-1 (and it's fine that they "doctored" the flashbacks to make it Sam who talked to him during the battle) - all ways to help us accept him as a new character and not see him as a threat to our "old" team. BB did a good job.

Liked Beau Bridges too - he came across as a good guy who is a good leader.

Vala - I like the actress but I do find the character annoying. oh well.

Was totally surprised to see Sam, in not one but two scenes! Even reading lots of spoilers here on GW, and had no idea she'd be in this episode. Keeps her part of the team even though she won't be back full time until Beach Head.

Wonder why they did not give us a clue why O'Neill was no longer running the SGC. Fans know the backstory from GW and elsewhere, but wonder how/when they are going to explain it on the show.

I will spend my evening thinking shippy thoughts about what Sam meant when she said "I have my reasons for wanting this job!"

Ravinia

Comment

what an odd way to transition bw s8 and s9. From fishing, to being completely disbanded. ... ???
                            I dunno, I was just expecting more details to be filled in.

Daniel acts so week around vala. Her sexual prowess belittles him.
                            I hope the next episode makes up for this one.

The opening credits make me happy I have replay tv with commercial skip. The show just starts and skips the intro. I used to disable it, I loved the macro shots of the eqyption statue!
                            Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                            Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Did anyone think the flashback scenes were a la "The Empire Strikes Back"? I thought that was an apt analogy, of course I was expecting the copilot to get zapped, wished it wouldn't happen but it did, I'd like to think he lived but prolly not.

Anyhow, the episode was an interesting start, its promising but since we got just a taste, I'll have to tune in next week to find out more...
                              sigpic

Comment

The funniest line I have ever heard on Stargate was by Vala, after they ringed into the hidden chamber in England "i havent been this disappointed since i had sex with daniel" teal'c gives daniel a look hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X