No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was a good season finale, okay a bit pointless but so was Prometheus Unbound. I think season 8 is the fun season where they play around but have a few serious episodes along the way.

This episode reminded me a bit of ST TNGs Yesterdays Enterprise where the timeline has changed but it hasn't really. There is so very small differences in the timeline not to affect too much and have pretty the same events happening in the timeline but there are suttle differences like fish in the pond and SG-1 not going to the past. Trying to make sense of the timelines give me a headache. I think what i'll do is take a page out of Janeways book, don't even try to understand.

Comment

From what I understand, episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis are ment to be viewed one after the other so you would watch Episode 15 of SG-1 and the Episode 15 of Atlantis so at the end of Episode 20 of SG-1 with the timeline restored they now have a ZPM and straight after that in Episode 20 of Atlantis 'a team arrives from the SGC saying they have a ZPM which was found in Egypt'

For some reason in the UK Atlantis is a few episodes behind SG-1 so they no longer sync up, the message sent from Atlantis to SGC in Episode 17 should have been recieved between episodes 17 and 18 of SG-1 but because of the way Sky are showing SG-1 it looks like it was recieved between episode 19 and 20 but infact it wasent.

Comment

OK.... at the end of Moebius Pt 2, when Jack took the ZPM away he told Sam he would take it because she had packing to do. ( at the end of threads Sam broke off the marriage to Pete) So does this mean Sam has moved in with Jack, because in the next scene they were sitting in his garden fishing?????
        Since the fishing trip is the scene immediately after that one, it never occurred to me that Jack meant anything more than that she had to pack for the trip to his cabin. Especially when you add in his expression and the tone in which he says it. I don't think he'd have put that kind of emphasis or import on her packing if it was for a mission. He's slightly smug there. Teasing. But I think he would have done if he was referring to a fishing trip he'd been trying to get her to agree to for eight years and had finally succeeded in achieving his goal. So, on reflection, that's still what makes the most logical sense to me.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
          From what I understand, episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis are ment to be viewed one after the other so you would watch Episode 15 of SG-1 and the Episode 15 of Atlantis so at the end of Episode 20 of SG-1 with the timeline restored they now have a ZPM and straight after that in Episode 20 of Atlantis 'a team arrives from the SGC saying they have a ZPM which was found in Egypt'

For some reason in the UK Atlantis is a few episodes behind SG-1 so they no longer sync up, the message sent from Atlantis to SGC in Episode 17 should have been recieved between episodes 17 and 18 of SG-1 but because of the way Sky are showing SG-1 it looks like it was recieved between episode 19 and 20 but infact it wasent.
          they dont sync up because of the 90 minute threads episode but i think there gona played seige part 1 and 2 together so its all good

Comment

Why do people prefer Reckoning as the finale ?
            Reckoning didnt come to a close till Threads.

People dont worry too much about the time travel. They wouldnt pull something so devastating as what some people are thinking up.
            Its basically along the same lines as teh time travel from Before i sleep. The past was overwritten.
            The Atlantis folk arnt alternate universe people are they lol !
            The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Um... an okay episode; it tied in well with threads, but though I laughed to see Geek Carter grow a backbone and kiss the guy I would have liked to have seen a bit of chemistry between them first.

I dunno, a line, here and there; Sam could have blurted without thinking that the scruffy jerk cleaned up nicely or something.

AT Sam was so OTT last week that I'd have thought she would have reacted more when the nicest man in her universe was shot point blank by an alien.

I think MS played the two Daniels very well. Our Daniel had just lost the other members of his team - and didn't he look steamed that Jack and Teal'c hadn't obeyed Sam's orders, subsequently screwing up the timeline, and putting him through some angst? But, of course, with all our Daniel's been through, and with him hoping he could turn the timeline around, he wouldn't have been all emotional when SG-1 came back.

And, while I saw distinct chemistry between the two AT characters, there was none between "our" Daniel and AT Sam, which I thought was convincing on Daniel's part, but, again, something AT Sam should have stumbled a bit over.

Up til the scene in the PJ, there was not much in the way of chemistry between Jack and Sam, either.
              (And when that scene happened all I could think of was Andromeda for kiddies.)

Teal'c... yes, he played a part in this ep, too, but again, more could have been made about his role as stranger in a strange circumstance.

So, all in all, Moebius was a terrific idea, but I think it would have worked better as a good, thick, paperback.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

This episode seems to be the Grandfather Paradox meets the Heisenberg Principle.
                If they go back in time and change something, they must forever go back in time to effect that change. If they die in the past they will not exist in that same future to benefit from the said change. They are creating an alternate universe not changing their universe. Therefore these people are not our SG-1. And I for one only care about our SG-1. I morn their passing.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Just re Moebius… I already posted this on the ship thread so apologies to anyone who read it there but someone mentioned that this is the thread most likely to be visited by JM himself so wanted to get my two cents’ worth in here as well. On one level, I really enjoyed the episode. I liked AT Sam and Jack and it was nice to see them interacting with each other without the regs [‘call me Jack…’] in the way. The sly dig at the shippers [‘Actually I’m attracted to Daniel…’ ‘I wonder if the future me has a boyfriend…’] was a good in-joke and it was nice to see the suck-face and imagine what could have been with our Sam and Jack [yes, I am a shipper]. As for the total lack of RST between our Sam and Jack: well I didn’t expect any RST in MII so because I didn’t set myself up for that disappointment, I didn’t feel disappointed. The weird thing is though that although I didn’t get any sense at all that they were ‘together’ at the end of Threads I did get that sense at the end of MII: don’t know why – was it cut differently? I’ll have to rewatch both to see.
                  Now what I didn’t like… too much to tell in too little time and because of that I felt the episode was really ‘shallow’. Where was the emotional depth? Daniel didn’t seem at all affected by seeing his friends [albeit a different version of them] again. Making friends with AT Teal’C was too easy: surely both he and the team should have exhibited slightly more trust issues than that standoff when he killed AT Daniel.
                  There was no insight into what might have gone on during the real SG-1’s time in Egypt. The RST wasn’t between the real Sam and Jack, so there was no satisfaction to be gained for me as a shipper. As much as I enjoyed AT Sam and Jack, they weren’t our team and as such I didn’t feel any emotional connection with them. I wanted to see our team, and not just in a tacked-on-at-the-end fishing scene.
                  I felt there was a total lack of suspense because the timing of the episode was so badly off – with only 10 minutes to go nothing had been resolved, so it was obvious that there was going to be a really brutal and anticlimactic cliffhanger or it was all going to happen off-screen [and sure enough…]. And, reset alert, anyone?!!
                  Perhaps the suspense and timing would have felt better if both parts had been screened back-to-back but to be honest I think it would have been better served as a three-episode arc, with the middle episode concentrating on our team in Egypt. As it was, it just didn’t work for me as a season finale. As a mid-season two-parter, fine – but I think Reckoning I and II would have worked much better as the season finale.
                  I’m going to be respectful of the non-shippers here and have deleted my final rant about the lack of RST!

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hey! is that a ninja up there?
                    I thought it was utterly awful. No excitement, no tension, no big finalé, 2 hours built up to give us absolutely nothing. I feel really let down.

Where was the rebellion? Where was the teams plan to hold the gate? Where was Ra fleeing?

Just.....nothing. A real shame.
                    I like the episode for the comedy it had. But, it was disappointing in the action sense of the series. For a season finale I would expect more. For the episode to actually work it should have showed the rebellion, Jake stilling the Stargate with the ship and Ra leaving in fear. That was really missing in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                      the only problem with that is that the fishing scene appeared at the end of threads was different to that of Moebius, so they can't have both been our timeline!
                      The fishing from Threads must have been from the alternate reality. i think it´s the only way how to explain it.

Comment

I have to agree with everybody else that said it was a dissapointment. The spoilers on Gateworld made it seem so good! I was really dissapointed. It shouldve been good, but it just wasnt. There isnt any one thing that didnt work out, it was the whole. The first ep was okay, it was kinda slow going but I didnt mind. I thought part 2 would make up for it. It didnt really and still leaves a lot to be desired.

From now on I'll try to keep my hopes down on SG1 eps. That way I can be suprised and not let down.

There were some nice parts though. Jack thought Daniel was gay, bwahahha!
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Both parts of Moebius were okay IMO but nothing more. There were quite a few funny scenes that made me laugh out loud but all in all I'm not too thrilled.

Two things that disappointed me hugely:

1) Why, why would Sam think that re-taking the puddle jumper revealed by the sandstorm would have a greater effect on the timeline than 4 people - 3 of which not speaking the language, one being a huge black guy with a gold Apophis tatoo on his forehead - trying to live out their lives in ancient Egypt? If she was afraid of stepping on a bug she should also have realized that both those actions (re-taking the jumper or staying in Egypt) would affect the timeline and that there was no way for her to figure out which would be worse. Ergo they could have gone with re-taking the jumper and be done with it.

2) The kiss between AT Jack and Sam was unbelievable, devoid of any emotion and gratuitous. I didn't see any sparks between them. I don't see any real feeling, passion in Jack when he tells Sam that he thinks she's hot. She's there and must certainly be starved for some attention, so why not make a pass at her, right? We'll be dying soon anyway.
                          And Sam is interested in Daniel but hey, guess what, we're dying soon anyway, the Daniel I got to know is already dead and oh, I've never kissed a guy with a gun before.

Very disappointing. I know it sounds harsh but in all the ATs/AUs we've ever seen them together there was at least some chemistry. Something the scene in Moebius completely lacked IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                            Good old time travel, now there's three time travelling puddlejumpers lying around the place.

thank you for pointing that out.

I was wondering how many would be floating around now.
                            Presumable ra has one but couldnt use it. . . they destroyed one or were going to.....

so yeah i wonder if they will show up next season
                            jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                              Both parts of Moebius were okay IMO but nothing more. There were quite a few funny scenes that made me laugh out loud but all in all I'm not too thrilled.

Two things that disappointed me hugely:

1) Why, why would Sam think that re-taking the puddle jumper revealed by the sandstorm would have a greater effect on the timeline than 4 people - 3 of which not speaking the language, one being a huge black guy with a gold Apophis tatoo on his forehead - trying to live out their lives in ancient Egypt? If she was afraid of stepping on a bug she should also have realized that both those actions (re-taking the jumper or staying in Egypt) would affect the timeline and that there was no way for her to figure out which would be worse. Ergo they could have gone with re-taking the jumper and be done with it.

2) The kiss between AT Jack and Sam was unbelievable, devoid of any emotion and gratuitous. I didn't see any sparks between them. I don't see any real feeling, passion in Jack when he tells Sam that he thinks she's hot. She's there and must certainly be starved for some attention, so why not make a pass at her, right? We'll be dying soon anyway.
                              And Sam is interested in Daniel but hey, guess what, we're dying soon anyway, the Daniel I got to know is already dead and oh, I've never kissed a guy with a gun before.

Very disappointing. I know it sounds harsh but in all the ATs/AUs we've ever seen them together there was at least some chemistry. Something the scene in Moebius completely lacked IMO.

I agree with your first point about staying there...That was pretty dumb knowing tealc and jack how she does.

The kiss between the two though.......look at it from thier prospective....they just met.. the kissing between them wasa akward between 2 fairly newly aquainted people.
                              jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

OK. I feel the need to say this again.

The SG1 Team at the end is OUR SG1 team.

As Daniel said halfway through part 1-
                                'If we bury the ZPM, maybe our future selves will find it and wont have to undertake this mission'. (Something along those lines anyway).

And that's what happened. Hence our team is alive at the end. And they never went back in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X