Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I wouldn't worry too much about the fish. I'm fairly sure it was a joke, just put in there to keep us on our toes - it would be far to complicated for the writers to have changed anything important about the series.
    Last edited by hermajesty; 22 February 2005, 02:19 PM. Reason: to make my writing make sense


    McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

    Comment


      #32
      It was waaaayyy to short, the whole story needed alot more scenes and at least 120mins instead of 80mins. Reckoning+Threads were better.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by hermajesty
        I

        The scene with Jack and Sam in the puddlejumper was great - especially Sam saying she liked Daniel better.

        Uh, that was Sam pulling Jack's leg. She didn't look even remotely interested in jumping Daniel's bones, did she? <<g>>


        J.
        "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."


        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by samjack4ever
          I have a question...

          If the SG1 from the new time line went back in time would Daniel from the old time line still be there?

          I mean how could he be when the Daniel from the new time line didn't go back in time in the first place...

          Did that make sense?
          It's the same with atlantis. The universe is overwritten instead of breaking off into a new universe. or something.........

          Comment


            #35
            SPOILERS FOR MOEBIUS (Is this really needed if the thread is about the episode?)

            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            *
            OH MY GOD!!! I loved this episode!!!!! That is what you call a twisty plot! Just a question, so the guys at the end were the ones from the alternate timeline then? slightly confused by that! But what else can I say about the epsiode, it was brilliant!
            I loved geek Daniel and Sam! They were so funny. Just their mannerisms were brilliant and funny! Geeky Daniel I always liked, but to see geeky Sam was fun!
            Now the best part, the Sam/Jack part! What can I say apart from OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is brilliant!!! I mean, you see the kiss, sparks flying and everything!!! And when Daniel said they could come out now it was safe and they stayed in to kiss, WOW!!! What every S/J shipper wanted to see!!! I mean, we did get Sam fishing! And we got to see it twice!
            THERE'S FISH IN HIS POND!! I always knew it (just read 'Missed Opportunities' at Stargate Universe to see that!)
            This was just the best episode! And it was so well concealed too! I hearly knew anything about the episode before it aired, which is unusual for Stargate. It made a brilliant change though as i loved not knowing what was happening!!! Made it so much better!
            All A can say now is ROLL ON SEASON 9. What can they do now? especially with the Sam/Jack issue? I mean, if they were the alternate timeline people and remembered the kiss, what does that bring up next season? Is Jack going to retire (as we all know Jack might not be in it much. So does he retire to be with Sam?) Suppose we'll just ahve to wait. But it will be torture for us all!!
            That epsiode certainly put a smile on my face for the rest of the week!! YAY!!

            Stargate-Universe.co.uk

            Comment


              #36
              Loved it, certainly made up for part one, mostly.

              I though the 'gateship' reference was great and the whole beginning scenes were good. SG1 being captured was a bit rushed .. infact the whole episode was, to make up for part one being so slow.

              Loved the little cloak scene, predictable, and then it failed - nice twist. Didn't expect Daniel to be a Goa'uld and though, Teal'c why did you do that kind of thing. Brilliant, though.

              Shippers - how BRILLIANT was that kiss in the puddlejumper (the one with the sparks) after all, there were THREE kisses. Shame one couldn't be real, though. Good to get rid of nerdy Sam.

              Wasn't happy about the re-use of the final Threads scene, though. They could have reused it.

              Here's something. It's still not the correct timeline as there are fish in Jack's pond. So it's not totally correct - but close enough.


              Overall - not a brilliant episode, doesn't topple Lost City, but it made me happy and restored faith for S9 for me. Hopefully!
              __

              __

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by hermajesty
                I wouldn't worry too much about the fish. I'm fairly sure it was a joke, just put in there to keep us on our toes - it would be far to complicated for them to have changed anything important.
                But they *did* change it, didn't they? "Our" team went back and changed the timeline. THe new team went back (and half of them stayed there and made lots of babies) and changed it again. Why do you assume it went back to exactly what was before instead of having differences? In the Stargate universe, apparently you can change history. Or, if not, your presence automatically creates a multiverse. If you set it up so that every action splits off another multiverse, then there's no way to ever get back to where you started: each change just adds more layers.

                That's one of the prime reasons I think this finale was a bad idea. SG-1 as we knew it is over. No Jack, no Hammond, no Janet, reduced Sam (because AT wants to be with her baby), "new directions, new dangers, new enemy". Yet we didn't even end on--or get to wave goodbye to--the team we started with, but with a modified--however slightly--timeline and an AU team, however close they may be to our own.



                J.
                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."


                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by samjack4ever
                  I have a question...

                  If the SG1 from the new time line went back in time would Daniel from the old time line still be there?

                  I mean how could he be when the Daniel from the new time line didn't go back in time in the first place...

                  Did that make sense?
                  As similar as Daniel may have been to the Daniel stuck back there, he comes from a different timeline, so probably lived out his life in the past. Freeky ehe? We'll be watching the adventures of a different Daniel!!! Infact, an entirely different SG-1, the SG-1 we have been watching for the past eight or so years is either dead or was stuck in the past.

                  And I don't think Sam was kidding when she said she found Daniel attractive, she just fell for Jack in the end. Simple as that.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    It had the best of what Stargate is about, a marriage of good subtle (and sometimes not so sublte) comedy to great sci-fi.

                    The episode was really good (a little baffling at the end - almost like they rushed the ending) and it was great to see Jack and Sam get it together (even if it was the 'alternative' jack and sam) in the jumper.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by samjack4ever
                      I have a question...

                      If the SG1 from the new time line went back in time would Daniel from the old time line still be there?

                      I mean how could he be when the Daniel from the new time line didn't go back in time in the first place...

                      Did that make sense?
                      Old Daniel was still there becuase the new SG-1 went back 5 years later. This meant that the time the original Sg-1 had gone back to had passed, they had been part of a minor rebellion which had failed and the old Daniel was still living there becuase this time had not changed. The timeline was altered after the second rebellion and Ra taking the gate, anything before this was still the same.

                      In answer to someone else's question, Daniel, in seeing the second team realised they'd changed things. It had been a couple of years since the original team had come so I guess he'd probably dealt with their deaths and was just glad they were alive in some sense.

                      The only thing, however, that bugs me about the timeline thing however, is that after being so wary of stepping on a bug in the first episode that Sam allowed the team in any way to become involved in the rebellion - even the second Sam seemed surprised at that.

                      The other thing that's been mentioned, about the fish. It could work, with Jack not acknowledging that there were fish in his pond in case Sam started worrying about the timeline, but to me the presence of a fish cannot be explained. Jack said 'close enough' so he knew there were fish and I don't think he had just gone and put one in there. V. Confusing!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Ah, he put the fish there...thank you, you saved me alot of anger at changes.

                        Anyway, I really want to know what happned to those that were left in the past (ie. normal daniel, alt teal'c, carter, jack)...I do hate that they changed things. Hopefully they never went back or summut, or they somehow died in the rebellion and things were unchanged...

                        I really hate it how they changed things so the 'heros' set up the rebellion and all. Did the egyptians never revolt on their own? Why did we have to change things, oh why? Why couldn't the alt team arrive just as the other ship arrived in the past, so as soon as they got there (the normal sg-1) they are met by the alt sg-1 and don't mess stuff up...(shoots himself at stupidness of changing the past)...
                        ...he wasn't completely crazy anymore, just productively wierd

                        GAT4 - Gaters Against T4 + Vernon Kay

                        Thanks for the random Reputation Points, I didn't even realise I had any.

                        I despise anything Moebius, and anything Time Travel!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                          But they *did* change it, didn't they? "Our" team went back and changed the timeline. THe new team went back (and half of them stayed there and made lots of babies) and changed it again. Why do you assume it went back to exactly what was before instead of having differences? In the Stargate universe, apparently you can change history. Or, if not, your presence automatically creates a multiverse. If you set it up so that every action splits off another multiverse, then there's no way to ever get back to where you started: each change just adds more layers.

                          That's one of the prime reasons I think this finale was a bad idea. SG-1 as we knew it is over. No Jack, no Hammond, no Janet, reduced Sam (because AT wants to be with her baby), "new directions, new dangers, new enemy". Yet we didn't even end on--or get to wave goodbye to--the team we started with, but with a modified--however slightly--timeline and an AU team, however close they may be to our own.
                          i think certain assumptions are being made about what happened and how it would have changed time. Let's look at this sensibly:

                          - the original team have the original timeline. there was a rebellion and Ra left and the stargate was buried
                          - they go back and their presence changes pivitol events so that the stargate is taken
                          - the new team has a changed future because of this. they go back and make sure history happens how it should have and the stargate is buried.
                          - the new team and daniel may have either died in the fight or after the rebellion they lived out the rest of their lives in seclusion. they would definately not have had children.

                          so, what is the new timeline:

                          - the rebellion happened however it happened due to the ventures in to the past
                          - 7 people from the future lived in the past for varying periods of time


                          now, some people will jump up and saw the timeline has been altered, and they would be part correct, as the last two weeks have been changed, as there is a ZPM and a tape now. however, nothing else has changed as the pivitol events of history have stayed the same.

                          i am a strong believer in the principal that if time travel is possible then you couldn't change the future because then you wouldn't be able to travel to the past, so as the past has already happened you can't change it you can only live it. what happens in Moebius is that time is altered then altered back so that instead of time being altered that past is actually what always happened. the people in the past had buried a tape and ZPM so that while they kept their history the same they altered their future. you could argue this is now an alternate timeline where sg-1 didn't return to the past, and that there is a timeline where sg-1 return to the past and never return and one where earth ends up being detsroyed by Apophis, however i rather like to think that things have been restored to how they should always have been and we now know the real reason the people of Egypt not only rebelled against Ra, but were able to drive him away.
                          spook

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Whistler
                            As similar as Daniel may have been to the Daniel stuck back there, he comes from a different timeline, so probably lived out his life in the past. Freeky ehe? We'll be watching the adventures of a different Daniel!!! Infact, an entirely different SG-1, the SG-1 we have been watching for the past eight or so years is either dead or was stuck in the past.

                            And I don't think Sam was kidding when she said she found Daniel attractive, she just fell for Jack in the end. Simple as that.
                            Excuse me while my head explodes Its true Whistler... freaky indeed.
                            However, ignoring what was IMO an ending that does not do this episode justice, I enjoyed it.

                            Apophis - hooray, but he was totally lack lustre and looked awful (yes that IS important!) I'd would have liked him to have a bigger part. I liked nerdy Sam and the kiss in the puddle jumper - whoops sorry Rodney - Gateship, was lovely, awww. Kawalski, good to see him again.
                            Not enough action overall, but funny n parts. And Daniel died again Hey I didn't see that coming But I will admit I didn't see the bit about him being a Goa'uld coming
                            So I thought it was a decent episode but will have to watch it again.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by JackDaniels
                              The only thing, however, that bugs me about the timeline thing however, is that after being so wary of stepping on a bug in the first episode that Sam allowed the team in any way to become involved in the rebellion - even the second Sam seemed surprised at that.

                              The other thing that's been mentioned, about the fish. It could work, with Jack not acknowledging that there were fish in his pond in case Sam started worrying about the timeline, but to me the presence of a fish cannot be explained. Jack said 'close enough' so he knew there were fish and I don't think he had just gone and put one in there. V. Confusing!
                              I don't think Sam could stop Jack and Teal'c!

                              and as far as the fish thing goes, to me it makes sense. Jack says close enough with a little smile on his face. To me he's trying to keep face in front of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. In Threads he admits the truth as it's plainly obvious. However after watching the tape he thinks to himself "I don't want to seem stupid with no fish in my pond. i can do better then that" so he gets some fish and puts them in his pond, hence the smile and the line. he's kind of proud that he got fish put in his pond.
                              spook

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Loved it!
                                it was just a light, fun episode..and of course LOVED the sam/jackness who couldn't?!..gotta admit all the sparks made me grin so much..it was just sooo stargate to take a cliche like that and use it..love it!

                                some of the character moments too...just great..i'll admit..probably not as amazing as TLC...but its in a completely different catogary..you can't really compare them..i still loved it..and whats funny it-at the end of threads i thought...omg wow-that could be such a perfect ending..but that ending made me want MORE..probably because there was some resolution but with an ALTERNATE sam/jack..coz thats what they were..still great of course...but i have NOOOO idea what resolution i can get without RDA/jack in it..i honestly can't imagine it without him in it at ALL..my brain just can't imagine it...i HOPE its good..only time will tell!

                                moebius gets a definate *thumbs up* for me! esp part 2! again...maybe it wasn't as actiony as TLC..but esp in the second part...i loved the characters and the way they interacted!..which is what i love about stargate (and why i can't imagine it without jack)

                                xox

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X