No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 2 (820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that we have "lost" our original team as well as they died in ancient Egypt.

But this is not the first time timeline has been altered. In the "original" time line, SG-1 met the Aschen at some point in time, which we didn't get to see on screen. Then after the event in "2010", SG-1 altered the time line. Does that follow that the "original" SG-1 died in 2010? *Confuse*

Further thinking about it, it SEEMS that time travel in Stargate works in one universe. The time line if messed with, get changed but not by branching out different parallel universes, but by totalling erasing the old time line and replacing it with a new one. Otherwise why would SG-1 bother to do what they did in "2010" if their world is still going to be under Aschen control and what they did is just helping to branch off another alternate universe? It seems like they believe that by changing the time line, their world will no longer exist (their timeline erased or reset), not still existing somewhere in some alternate universe. Arghh... confusing

Comment

Good old time travel, now there's three time travelling puddlejumpers lying around the place.

Comment

AU Carter very clearly stated she was going to destroy them. So they only have ONE Puddle Jumper at most.
        FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Foolish naive Carter, time travel would make things so much easier, it would get things down without anyone actually doing any work. They could constantly go back to the past and give their past selves information and technology from the future so that their past selves wouldn't have to get it in the first place.

Comment

Gosh, just think of it, a little tiny thought would change things...

Kind of scares me...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey

It has never explicitly said that they were together at the end. It did not say Jack had retired and it did not say Sam moved in with him.
              Spoiler:

Sam was either packing for:
              a) The fishing trip they all went on
              b) To go to Atlantis on the Daedelus, as they discussed at the start of part 1.
              I dont think they were explaining the ramifactions of 'Letters from Pegasus' in the beginning of Moebius P1. They were talking about going to Atlantis because of the failed mission in 'Prometheus Unbound'. I think they "get" the message sometime after Moebius P2, and then The Siege 1/2 takes place.

About the packing thing, I think he told her to pack because of the fishing trip but you bring up an interesting point about RDA's status for next season. Maybe he can have that relationship and that is how he will be written out

But thats just me.

-al

Comment

That is, IMO, how TPTB will explain her absence in the first few episodes. The timelines overlap a bit in season 1/9 of sga/sg1 and allow sam to be gone for a few days while all of the action in the first few eps of season 9 occur

Comment

Moebius P2 Screencaptures if anyone is interested,

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=345059

Comment

On first impressions I was not keen on this ep. I found it confusing and boring. Also as a couple of posts have said rushed.

The ending was the most hopeless i've seen for a season finale. This was a ep that might have ended the series???

On saying that I did watch it after 10am after being up over 17 hours. So maybe I need to rewatch it when i'm feeling more awake. I'll rewatch next week.

Comment

After watching Moebius parts 1 and 2, I am pained to say what many other members have been pointing out:

These episodes were disappointing.

Sure, the humor was appreciated, but a finale focused on an alternate reality team rather than our SG-1 when next season we will never see them as regularly again...just...

Oh...pain....

These episodes lacked so many different aspects that make Stargate...Stargate. Where was the action? For those two hours, I realized that I cared less and less about watching the AUs weasel their way into the mission. I wanted to see what was happening with SG-1--the scheming! The fighting! Uh, the demise? Maybe?

And where was the emotion? There were no emotional reactions at all. It was as if they were saying: "Aw, crap. Kawalsky's dead." or "Hey! Daniel, where's Sam, Jack and Teal'c?" Daniel: "Oh, yeah. That. Didn't work out so well. *shrug*"

Everyone just seemed so disposable with the reset button looming over their heads. At no point did I feel the need to scream, "Please, oh god, save SG-1, Fake SG-1!"

"But Jarion, what about the thing with AU Jack and Sam! You know the thing! That made it better, at least?" My dear shipsters, don't be fooled by your blinding love. I don't consider myself shippy, but that was terrible! They barely even knew each other. It was just...Oh..god...choking....

Really bad.

Summary: Moebius had a lot of wasted potential. They should have just sprinkled a bit o' AU fun on top.

Comment

Originally posted by hermajesty

Spoiler:
                        According to my interpretation, 5000 years ago a Daniel, and an alternate Jack, Sam and Teal'c sparked a rebellion. Then they buried the stargate, and buried a video tape and ZPM. But then what? They still have the 'gate ship', so why would they stay in Egypt for their whole lives? They could go anywhere. They could go to the future to check it turned out right, and meet the team we saw at the very end of Moebius fishing. Or they could go to any other time at all. So much fanfic potential...
                        spoilers for s8's it's good to be kind and moebius 2

Spoiler:
                        i LOVE this idea! :-D that way, the alts don't suffer for the rest of their lives. :-D thanks! i really don't know why this wasn't thought of before. remember, the puddle jumper thinger was found on the planet where maybourne was living, so how did it get there?... yay! :-D

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Granted, this was a pretty fun episode, but at the same time I was rather disappointed by Moebius because I was dying to know what happened to the *real* SG-1. Instead we got stuck with the ALTs. Not just some little "oh, yeah. they died." I would almost say it would have worked for a midseason episode, but this for a potential series finale? This as our possible final episode with Richard Dean Anderson? What a waste from that point of view.

I'm thinking about sitting out on Season 9. This is the first time I've ever said that, too.

At this point, I like Atlantis better. Never thought I'd say that, either. Except I think that's exactly what TPTB want us to say right now. They're putting much more effort into their little baby spinoff and letting SG-1 rot. I've never been pissed at the quality of SG-1 before, but I am now. I could've stopped watching after the Lost City and been perfectly content.

Watching by habit now.

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                            I dont think they were explaining the ramifactions of 'Letters from Pegasus' in the beginning of Moebius P1. They were talking about going to Atlantis because of the failed mission in 'Prometheus Unbound'. I think they "get" the message sometime after Moebius P2, and then The Siege 1/2 takes place.
                            -al
                            But Carter refers to the timeship as "jumper" in Moebius 1 (during the scene where the ship was discovered by the jaffa). So they would have to get the message already, otherwise they wouldn't known it's called "jumper"?

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                              A good two-parter but the ending was very disapointing - or rather the lack of action before the ending.
                              I was sitting there ten minutes from the end of the episode wondering how they were going to fit in the rebellion, stealing the gate, and showing us that everything has gone back to normal - all in ten minutes.
                              Simple answer: they didn't.
                              That's what I thought too. I was really expecting a great action sequence in the last 15 minutes or so, but it jsut never happened. When it cut to the ending scene, I was disapointed.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I am relieved to know that the timeline has been repaired (enhanced when one considers the fish in Jack's pond...), however I didn't expect them to get it over with in 45 minutes. I thought the solution was a little too simple.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

Working...
                                X