No announcement yet.

Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys could please not talk about downloads if you wish to discuss it do it through email or PM you could get Darren in a lot of trouble.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

oh sorry
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Oh sorry too
        Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
        McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

A quick recap…

The episode starts with Sam explaining to Daniel and Teal’c that the Daedalus will be excellent and how they could all go to Pegasus, when Daniel gets a phone call…Catherine Langford is dead. Daniel goes to the funeral says a couple of words. As they finish up Catherine’s niece talks to Daniel (looked like a possible ship) and says Catherine wanted her to give him a necklace. She says there is more stuff to send him and asks for an address. Back at the SGC, Daniel walks up to Jack in a corridor, finds out Catherine’s niece sent her whole collection to him.

New scene in the briefing room with some scientist dude telling Jack about rock discoveries, Daniel rushes in and says important news. They found a ZPM. The ZPM was held by Ra, it’s pictured in a book which had a copied inscription from Giza, the book was Catherine’s. SG-1 debates it and Daniel convinces them to go.

They use Janus’s time ship to go back 5000 years; they know it has worked because the stars are different. They park the ship in a bit of desert not to dissimilar to SGA’s The Defiant One and head off to meet the locals in Giza. They find out that there will be an offering at Ra’s temple tomorrow and they must wait. Jack has a great line when he asks Daniel what the locals said:

“More importantly, did you ask them what’s for dinner?”

In the temple they see Ra come in with two beautiful slaves next to him. He is disappointed with the offerings by the locals and his Jaffa kill one local. Jack says to Sam that he wants to kill Ra now so he won’t have to 5000 years later. She gives him the timeline speech.

After the offering is finished SG-1 stay behind, they zat a Horace Jaffa. Teal’c dons the Jaffa’s gear; cool headgear scene from movie replicated. He goes to find the ZPM which should be in the treasure room. Teal’c finds it and brings it back. Then they all go back to Janus’s time-jumper which they parked. Calamity. Ra’s Jaffa have found it…well not quite….there was a sandstorm last night and it’s got sand over it. The guards seeing sand floating in mid-air are surrounding the cloaked ship. Sam tells Jack they can’t do anything. They have to wait for the uprising on Earth to get the ship back. Daniel says he can almost guarantee the ZPM is found by putting it in a tomb that was recently (present day) discovered in the area before they left present day.

New Timeline

Cut to nerdy Daniel teaching English to immigrants. Great scene where he asks them to introduce themselves and say what the weather is like to which a guy stands up and says

“Hi I’m Carlos and you make me so hot”

Daniel is called outside. Major Davis is there, moustache and everything. Says he is needed for a matter of national security.

Cut to nerdy Carter at an aerospace facility/office where she is practicing her lines for an argument. Something about reproductive organs in the inside and the like…her boss walks in, asks her if she was talking to herself. Then Davis appears again, boss thinks it’s for him but it’s for Sam. Shocked.

Cut to Jack, acting like a tramp on a boat, called Homer. This time it’s Samuels as the messenger. Jack dismisses him.

Cut to SGC, Daniel meets Sam. They exchange pleasantries…awkward. Hammond comes in, makes them sign non-disclosure agreements. Says they found a camcorder along with other bits and bobs in a tomb. They play the tape, it’s our Daniel. They explain the whole SG-1 going back in time thing, tell them about the Stargate about their roles and what they have to do and about the ZPM. Carter is on it too, as is Jack although he is forced to say some words; usual dense stuff from him, which is funny.

Hammond tells nerdy Daniel that they couldn’t find the Giza gate, and they found a tablet that could give them clues as to where it is. He asks Daniel to translate it.

--My memory is waning at this point--

Cut’s to Daniel viewing the tape again, Hammond walks in as it finishes. Daniel asks him if they found the ZPM, he says they have it. Hammond asks how the translation is going. Daniel asks if they can be part of the expedition…

Cut to Carter and Jackson in mess hall, Daniel asks Sam what she thinks about this. She starts blabbing about time travel, he says what he meant was what does she think about this whole alternate selves business. They talk about the military locking them out; Hammond told Daniel they will be.

Cuts to Davis showing them both Janus’s time-jumper, they found it near the tomb. They walk inside, amazed, the usual. They see the DHD, Daniel and Carter say we should dial it, Daniel goes to dial and someone shouts “No, don’t touch anything” it’s McKay. Excellent. He critiques their qualifications and asks why they are here to which Sam replies “We’re on the tape”. Then McKay says Sam is doing some sort of sexy librarian thing, takes her away trying pat her on the bum to which she slaps his hand away.

Cuts to Daniel walking down Corridor. Sam meets him, asks him if McKay is behind her, he isn’t. They talk about needing leverage in the military. Daniel knows where the other gate is: Antarctica

They go see Jack. He makes them pay $150/hr to see him (cost of renting boat, but they don’t go anywhere) They tell him about the whole SG-1 deal. He laughs them off.

Back at SGC, Carter tells Daniel that when they dial the DHD on the jumper the gate doesn’t open here but it should have opened in Antarctica. They sit in the briefing and try to get Davis to bring them Hammond. He says if its important Hammond will come. They tell Davis about Carter’s theory and she has proof with seismic readings from Antarctica.

They bring the gate to the SGC. Carter and Daniel walk in, Hammond thanks them. They ask that they should be in the expedition to go through. Hammond tells them they have no training and a team is already being assigned.

To be continued.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
          One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
          One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
          Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
          Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
          Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Summary of Moebius Pt1

sam, Daniel and Teal'c in Sam's lab discussing the Daedelus ship, which is currently being tested, and is a far superior ship to the Prometheus. In addition, with Teal'c obligatory 'Indeed' they sum up the next season - the Jaffa armies are doing well and most of the system lords have lost of their power and the replicators are gone from this galaxy.

From this, we'll start off with Daniel learning of the death of Catherine Langford. At her funeral, Daniel meets her niece (who clearly fancies him, and likens him to Indiana Jones (though he mentions that he left his whip at home!)) and she tells him that catherine left him a lot of her artefacts and research. He comes to work the next day to find his entire office has been filled with things. Daniel quickly gets to work on searching through this stuff and interrupts Jack telling him that he found a ZPM. A book called the Eye of the Sun showed a picture of 'The Heart of Light' aka a ZPM. They search the area at Giza looking for the ZPM but can't find it, but as Teal'c points out, Ra could have simply taken the device with him. However, Daniel has an idea - they know that the ZPM was in Egypt in 3000 b.c. and they could go back and get it, as no Goa'uld has ever truly known what the device was or ever used it. However, the scientists at Area 51 have barely been able to fly the ship even slightly. However, they know Jack can and believe his 'exceptional ability to use Ancient Technology' may be of use.

It is and they get the ship to work and use the ship to travel back in time. They arrive and land on earth (3000 b.c.) Daniel brings along his camera to prove that the Ancient pyramids were here first and Sam reminds them that they need to have minimal interaction. Daniel talks to some locals and finds out that there is an offering at Ra's temple tomorrow which will allow them to infiltrate the temple, which they do. One of the people they have met is killed by Ra and Sam has to stop jack from pulling out his gun and shooting Ra, even though he know's he'll do it in 5000 years time. They zat one of Ra's guards and Teal'c goes and retrieves the ZPM. However, there was a sandstorm during the night and sand has settled over the cloaked ship, and the jaffa are aware of it. This means they can't get back to the ship without a major fire fight, so they plan to leave a message and the ZPM somewhere they know people in the future will find it so if they find the ZPM at a point just before they tried to undertake this mission then their future selves won't have had to go back in time in the first place. So they set about their lives of not changing anything.

But they have changed the future just by being there - Daniel is now a teacher of English as a foreign language, Sam is an astrophysicist who checks other people's work for them, and jack owns a boat called Homer and charges people $150 an hour to rent it. Major's Davis and Samuels have been sent out to bring in the three of them because the videocamera was discovered in a canopic jar. Jack refuses to come in, but Daniel and Sam quickly agree to sign the non disclosure pacts (cos their lives suck) and are shown the video of SG-1. The tape details everything about the stargate (in case it hasn't been discovered) and some recent day events to prove their authenticity - none of which is now true) Daniel sets about translating a tablet they found (which appears to have been written by Daniel as he points out that its a dialect that fits most of his research). He discovers that there is another gate in Antarctica but they don't know exactly where. While watching the tape, he also finds out that Daniel (mark 1) fails to describe what the ZPM does before the battery runs out. Sam worries that they are going to be cast aside as soon as they help the military, and Daniel certainly doesn't want to go back to his old life, so they go to find Jack, to see if they can get him to help them. He won't and makes them pay to sit on his rather grubby boat ('Homer') and tell him that they are in an alternate timeline and in the real world they travel throughout the galaxy and save the world (a lot). He doesn't believe them and sends them packing!

At this point Hammond shows them the time ship, and they're introduced to Rodney McKay (who again hits on Sam, and touches her ass) and he tells them that they've tried dialling the co-ordinates left on the tape by Daniel but nothing has happened. But Sam checks for seismic activity and finds the second gate in Antarctica.

At the end we see the gate being lowered into the base and Sam and Daniel ask to be put on the team that is being assembled to go through on the basis that they are on the video, but Hammond denies their request on the grounds that they don't have the proper training.

And that's it. Part two next week, can't wait, thought it was great and laughed so much in the second part. I know other people have said it was quite slow but I didn't pick up on this at all, I thought it had a good pace and I was sitting for a great part of it thinking about how much was changed without the discovery of the stargate. Below are a few of my fav bits:

* Daniel at Catherine's memorial - his speech was really nice, but also lent itself to the episode - "he didn't know where he would be now if he hadn't met her, and becuase she never discovered the stargate with her father in Giza, she never found daniel to help translate the cartouche etc.

* The guy in Daniel's class "My name is Carlos, you make me so hot!" - that was just too funny.

* Sam and her reproductive organs speech. If you've seen any interviews, you know AT hated that line and the fact that she called it stupid and added "who talks like that?" was another little send up that almost could have been used in Citizen Joe

* Rodney McKay - oh how I love that man! He was just so funny and still his obnoxious self. Though I loved having him there, i couldn't help but think that we would have no Atlantis if there was no stargate. Ohh! When he was chatting up Sam and touching her ass it was just so funny.

* That Jack's boat was called Homer

* That Jack thought Daniel and Sam were a couple, largely due to their 'library chic' clothing, and scarily similar glasses.

* The looks on Sam and Daniel's faces when the real Daniel comes onto the screen and tells that they travelled back in time and tells them what they normally do. It was also nice to note that although different that they were still largely the same Daniel - a naive dreamer, Sam - cynical realist.

Ohh there is so much more that I could say and I have no doubt that the second part will be great. I know people may have found the first part slow but they had to set up this background to make the second bit work, and I think it's nice (considering they thought this was the last season) to remark upon how different things could have been.

Sure I'll add something else later, but hey ho that's al for now!

Comment

OMG i am amazing lol i just redraw the daedalus from the screen cap in paint shop pro not bad even if i do say so my self

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../Daedalus2.jpg

Now i havnt finished it fully but it gives a good impression of what it looks like (7 mins to draw )

Comment

this may be a huge spoiler for several season and for both shows but * u know a the begining daniel mentioned sg-1 onboard the daedalus; that may be the reason they come up with to explain tapping not appearing in the first few eps on series 9, also be a good cross over( carter having to go to atlantis) anyway that whole different issue, although its daniel who really want to go. wait hes doing the whole vala arc thing so that would be his exscuse for not going ( give him a chance to moan alot aswell)*

anyway soz for interupting but came in to my head and had to get it down; it is mildly connected to moebius though. soz also about the really crap english, but uve probley got used to it by now!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                  OMG i am amazing lol i just redraw the daedalus from the screen cap in paint shop pro not bad even if i do say so my self

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Kenshi43/Daedalus2.jpg[/image]

Now i havnt finished it fully but it gives a good impression of what it looks like (7 mins to draw )
                  sweet! put it on the ship thread- my one u know
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

can we not have any summery's we know what its about, jsut discuss/ review the episode not give a rendown of everything ( plot are tooooooo long)
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Oh ya lol

Comment

God this topic is getting a bit tedious...

Anyway, it was an alright episode. First half was good. Second half wasn't. Too S.....L.....O.....W and bizarre. Did we really have to hear all about the stargate program AGAIN?? And why exactly would Sam and Daniel be so affected just because they didn't discover the Stargate? Just an excuse to get them to act 'goofy' if you ask me

I did love the CG of the Puddle Jumper travelling back in time. VERY VERY nicely done. Subtle but exactly how it should be. Interesting to see Sam call it a 'jumper' as well.

8/10 for first half
                        3/10 for second half

Oh and AU Jack was even more of an idiot that regular season 7-8 Jack.

Comment

i think its carrying on mainly for the daedalus topic realy

Comment

ok how do get a pic in to a post? reallly stuck!
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

******* SPOILERS * SPOILERS * SPOILERS *******
                              Mobius part 1 as summarised by the WormholeAlien.

Here goes a factual (give or take), somewhat non entertaining account of the episode. there may be a few inaccuracies here, but I'm sure there are more than a few people here that can correct them. Also bare with me, I am not a writer.

I'll devide this into two parts for reasons that will become obvious once you read it...

Part One:
                              ==========

The episode starts with daniel and sam talking about a new ship that earth has. It is called the daedelus (as all except spoiler haters know). They mentioned that this ship should allow all of them to go to atlantis, especially with the main threats here eliminated.

Daniel gets a phone while they are talking, catherin langford has passed away. He goes to the funeral and does the eulogy. catherines niece (I think) gives him the eye of ra amulet cath gave him in the movie, and says there's more things that catherine left for him and asks for an address to send the stuff. (some shipper fodder here)

back in the sgc, jack asks daniel if he's been shopping online or something pointing to the whole heap of stuff from catherine. Daniel says it must've been the whole collection, Jack in true jack style says he'd prefer collecting stamps.

Next we one of the base scientists showing all the interesting rocks (from the collection?) to jack, while jack is totally bored. Daniel interrupts to jack's delight. They found a reference to a ZPM in a book called "The eye of the sun" in cathy's stuff. They scanned the usual dig sites but found nothing. danny says they know where it was 5000 years ago and suggests they go back in time to knapp it. Sam has reservations but agrees.

They show the the pj in earth's orbit with SG1 in it. Daniel's telling jack to concentrate on 3000BC, Jack says the ship is ancient how would it know "BC"? they show the ship from outside with some sorta energy wave eminating from it. They try radio comms with sgc, but there is nothing. So they think the jump was successful and land in egypt.

They cloak the ship and go to the local people. Danny talks to a couple of guys and finds out they're going to see RA the following day bearing gifts. SG-1 tag along. They show a typical jaffa (human?) with RA's emblem on his forehead utters something. RA comes out wearing a dissapointing costume but accompanied by two hot chix. So I'll let him off this time. But Ra isn't happy with what the villagers brought him, so he kills a guy and goes back. Jack wnated to stop him saying if we kill him now we won't have to in 5000 years. but sam tells him not to.

every one leaves, SG-1 hides behind a pillar against the wall. RA's guards take the gifts away (boy these guys are trusting, they don't even check to make sure everyone's left ).

One of Ra's guard wearing really cool armour struts by and gets zatted by SG-1. t'ilk takes his armour (I would too!) and goes to get the ZPM. Minutes later he returns with the ZPM and they go back to the ship to see a lot of sand on the cloaked ship and lots of guards surrounding it. again Jack wants to kill them and get the ship, while sam says that wouldn't be wise. She says they know there will be an uprising may be they should just wait for it. Daniel says that could be years away and suggests they plant the ZPM somewhere where their future counterparts will find it and they won't have to go back in time in the first place.

Part Two:
                              ==========

We cut to an alternate version of daniel teaching english to a adult class, where he tells them that it is easy to strike a conversion about the weather, so introduce yourself and says something about the weather. So, one of the guys stands up and says something along the lines of "My name is ....... and you make me hot." Some one interrupts and tells danny that some people from the airforce are here to see him.

We then see an alternate sam contemplating on things to her boss who it seems is taking credit for her work. Some airforce folk come and ask to talk to sam. Airforce guys also go to get jack, but he's not interested. (His boat is called "homer" tough. )

Sam and Danny meet in the SGC, neither knows what this is all about. They then meet with General Hammond. After they sign some NDA's they are told that in a recent dig in egypt they found some artifacts and a camcorder of which the technology seem to be a little different (who 0wns the camcorder market in that reality? betamax guys?). after managing to get the batteries charged this is what they found. They then show the message from the normal daniel and sam saying that their part of a team that goes around the galaxy saving earth from alien invasion though a device called the stargate. They tell them there should be a gate in egypt and also say a lot of things to establish how much change they may have caused, amongst those is a mention of president henry hayes. In this reality the president is kinsey who wasn't amused by that. They tell jack that he should be on the video too, so jack comes on and reluctantly says something about american football being played on sat and sunday and that he's lake has no fish. They also say the future guys will have to go and find the gate, find te'alc etc. Hammond says they couldn't find a gate in egypt. But later daniel finds reference to a second gate in antarctica.

The alternate daniel and sam go to the cafeteria and discuss what they've just seen. Daniel makes a remark that he won't let either of them be kicked out of this project (more fodder for the shippers...). They wanna be like the video sam and danny and think the military won't let them go through the stargate. They think getting jack might change that. They go to get jack, jack doesn't budge.

They come back to SGC and are taken to see the pj that normal SG-1 left in egypt. They're all excited, danny figures the buttons on the centre console in the cockpit must dial the gate. He's about to give it a try and McKay shows up yelling "don't touch anything." He's as arrogant as he was in his first appearance of the series. He takes a liking to sam but shows contempt towards daniel. McKay grabs sam's bottom and takes her to lunch. She ditches ditches him, finds daniel and tells him she has a theory. (She appears to have more theories than the entire cast of startrek put together. )

She goes through the siesmic activity log of antarctica and matches them with the dialing attempts from the pj. They call for Gen. Hammond, but Major Davis says he want sto hear them out to see if it was important enough. AFter hearing them out he immediately goes to hammond.

They show the gate being placed into the SGC. Hammond thanks danny and sam for their contribution and says a plane will take them back to their homes. They say they wanna go on missions, but hammond says they don't have the training.

and it ends there.

bloody hell that took long! appreciate me god dammit!
                              Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Originally posted by samjack4ever
                                OK… I’m going off memory here so I may be a little off…

Daniel gets word that Catherine Langford has died and at her funeral her niece (I think) gives Daniel the necklace from the movie and tells him that Catherine also left him some other stuff but she couldn’t bring it with her…

Back at the SGC Daniel discovers why she couldn’t bring the stuff with to the funeral as the stuff practically fills Daniel’s office… Jack makes a joke about Daniel shopping online…

Jack is in the briefing room debriefing the SGC team from Heroes (sorry can’t remember their number) and Jack is really really bored… In pops Daniel and tells him that he’s found something…

In Daniel’s lab he tells the rest of SG1 about a drawing he found of Ra showing a ZPM. Sam tells them that they have done and aerial survey but has found no energy signatures either it is depleted or its not there any more… Daniel suggests taking the ship and going back 5,000 years to get it… Sam doesn’t go for the idea but reckons it will be ok seeing as Ra didn’t know what a ZPM was…

SGC go back 5,000 and land the ship in the desert and cloak it. They go to a village where some people are going to offer some gifts to Ra. In Ra’s chambers Jack says that he could kill Ra now and not have to do it in 5,000 years time. Sam tells him that they can’t do that as it will alter the time line…

Teal’s dresses up a one of Ra’s Jaffa and takes the ZPM. SG1 head back to the ship only to discover it has been discovered…

Cut to:
                                Daniel with a really bad wig teaching English as a second language… He is interrupted by a fellow teacher who tells him he has visitors… Turns out to be Major Davis sporting a very fetching moustache (actually it makes him look like a 70’s porn star)

Cut to:
                                Sam is in an office wearing a nice pair of glasses apparently telling someone that they have stolen her research. The camera pans round only to find that there is no one there and she is rehearsing a conversation… Some guy (her boss) walks in and Sam shuts up. Major Davis + sexy moustache shows up here too and ask Sam to go with them…

Cut to:
                                Jack is on a boat where Samuels shows up… Samuels calls him Colonel and asks Jack to come with them… Basically Jack tells him to sod off and high tails it out of there on his boat

At the SGC Hammond comes in and asks them to sign none disclosure agreements Daniel is hesitant but Sam signs straight away… Daniel also signs…

Hammond shows them a video tape of SG1 stuck in the past… They explain about the mission, the Stargate and the ZPM… Hammond has no idea what the Stargate is and it is not buried where SG1 said it was…

Daniel transcribes a tablet that says Ra took the Stargate with him when he left Earth… He also discovers the location of the second Stargate but only tells Sam because he has a felling that they won’t be going on any missions… Sam tells him that they need someone on their side who has a bit of clout… They go to visit Jack but he says no again…

Back at the SGC they have discovered the time ship and while Sam and Daniel are inside McKay shows up. He takes a fancy to Sam. Sam wants to know if he has tried the symbols and McKay says they have but nothing….

Later on Sam has an idea about the Stargate… She tells Daniel that the symbols may not have had an effect here… Sam and Daniel and waiting in the briefing room for Hammond but Major Davis tells them that they should tell him and if he thinks it’s worth while he will take it to Hammond. Sam tells him that she checked out seismic activity in Antarctica when the where testing the symbols and she has located the second Stargate…

Sam and Daniel walk into the gate room and find the Stargate is being loading into place... Hammond tells Sam good work and that there is a plane waiting to take them home…

To Be Continued

No doubt there are loads I have missed but it gives you a rough idea of the ep…
                                He was from SG13

Comment

Working...
                                X