Moebius, Part 1 (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Sam made reference to that question. She said that the "time" machine seemed to work only when the jump was over 100 years. That way the writers don't confuse themselves too much.

I'd like to know why they didn't use the puddle jumper to go back to an even earlier, and possibly safer, time: when the Ancients were here. Get a zpm from the source! (And these guys wouldn't be the same annoying Ascended who won't help anyone, but the Ancients who had the alliance with the Asgard).

BTW, re the "puddle jumper": it may be that they're using the term Sheppard used--though the term has been around a long time; small carrier planes that make frequent stops tend to be called puddle jumpers--or Sam may be calling it that because it makes "jumps" in time.

J.
    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by Galluslass
      Oh, I get totally confused with the timeline thing - for instance, why would AU DJ and Sam want to do anything for the real SG1?

'Cos, if AU Daniel & Sam are successfull in their quest etc, all they have ever known and hve ever done will cease to exist. I mean it's not like the real SG1 will ever know how their lives could have sucked!

Heck, if they are successful, they will cease to exist!

I've been wondering about this myself. The show should establish why the AU's would be so willing to possibly wipe out their own timeline, and themselves in the process, to rescue duplicates they don't know. If the writers are taking the position that this new timeline, once created, will continue on its own even if the original timeline is restored, they need to make that clear.

J.
      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
        I dident, when did she say it?
        She says "jumper" right after they try to go back to the ship and the jaffa are sorrounding it .. then after when they are walking through the sand dunes she says it ...

Comment

Sam: Daniel learned that on Abydos 9 years ago. When it happens there is a chance we can get the jumper back without creating too big of a ripple in the events of this timeline.

Comment

great ep

the egypt scenes were great. It's a long ago we had such things on stargate. loved McKay's cameo, he was hilarious

Comment

They had her say "Jumper?" I was almost very disappointed until I just thought of something:

*ATLANTIS*
              Spoiler:

Maybe someone explained/mentioned it in the video that Carter and Walter got from the Atlantis episode "Letters from Pegasus." Eh? I just thought of it, but it makes sense. For those who haven't seen it (which is both rather likely and unlikely), I won't go into what it's about because I haven't even seen it. I just know that they get a lot of info from the Atlantians.

And, for two series which are supposed to be completely "separate," it's getting kinda ridiculous how much they're overlapping content/arc-wise. I love the shows of course, but still... If they knew that the eps were going to coincide from the beginning, they should have just come out and said it. As it is, there are quite a few fans who only watch Atlantis and quite a few who only watch Stargate, but the current storylines are almost forcing them to watch both. Whateva. I'll watch 'em both anyway.

Comment

Also, unfortunately, it seems like the only way to fully grasp what is happening in the Stargate Universe as a whole WHEN you're supposed to grasp it, is to watch the two series in order of how the US airs them. Because we can only assume that each ep occurs within the same part of our episode "timeline," so to speak, everyone gets screwed up/over/all around town when we don't watch them in the order SciFi shows them.

At least... I think that's the flaw.

Comment

soooooooooo did they find the zpm in egypt with the video?
                  come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I'm suprised that they didn't say anything about Sheppard in the video. After all, he has the "best gene" of anyone. Say O'Neill was dead in present-day AU, they would not know. Telling whomever sees the tape about Sheppard is standard, military-type contingency thinking.
                    How could they leave me out?

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                      soooooooooo did they find the zpm in egypt with the video?
                      yes, but they don't know what it is. The camcorder battery ran out when normal daniel was saying this is very important, and the video cut off.
                      Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Haven't read all the comments yet, so I don't know where I'll be in the 'ratings.'

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE MICHAEL SHANKS TALK SLOWER!!!! I could barely catch some of Daniel's lines, which didn't help my feelings about this episode.

This was an okay episode. It was almost good, but not quite there. I just can't seem to get past the stupidity of our team going back in time in the first place, especially for a ZPM, which, while important, isn't something they CAN'T live without.

And... where was the continuity person? How many times did they go from 3000 to 5000 to 3000 years? That was just plain silly, seeing as how the beginning had Daniel being emphatic about 3000, telling Jack to concentrate on 3000, then AU Daniel mentions that the dig was 5 days earlier or something, so 2995....then we're back to 5000 years again. Come on!

Whiskers (daniel's wig) wasn't as bad as it looked in the photos, but still! Being a geek myself, I can assure the writers that we DO wash our hair. Just look at movie Daniel's hair--geekiness personified.

I felt AU Sam was too OTT, although she seemed to tone down a bit towards the end. It was rather amusing to play "spot the baby".

I liked watching AU Daniel and AU Sam together, they were adorable.

The original SG-1 had four zat guns with them. Why didn't they just Zat the jaffa around the Puddle Jumper and take off? So all those egyptians standing around would see them, so what? Seeing something strange would change time THAT much, while them actually living there WOULDN'T?

And what's with Carter saying "I never should have allowed us to do this." Excuse me? When did she get promoted over General Jack?

Hooray!!! We saw Daniel the achaeologist in action!!! I've missed that!

The episode was well-written-- good job Mallazzi and Mulli, I just think the premise behind the episode is a little too far-fetched; I can only suspend disbelief so far, even for Sci Fi and when it's something taking place Right Now, that makes it even more difficult.

And who's going to be making all the ancient stuff work in S9? I sincerely hope it's NOT new Colonel Iforgethisname.

Dana Jeanne
                        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                          Haven't read all the comments yet, so I don't know where I'll be in the 'ratings.'

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE MICHAEL SHANKS TALK SLOWER!!!! I could barely catch some of Daniel's lines, which didn't help my feelings about this episode.
                          LOL! I think in this ep he talked faster than any other. Maybe we could do a poll as to which ep MS talked fastest.

This was an okay episode. It was almost good, but not quite there. I just can't seem to get past the stupidity of our team going back in time in the first place, especially for a ZPM, which, while important, isn't something they CAN'T live without.
                          Your right. I didn't feel like it was life threatening that they MUST get the ZPM. Although, I have already seen the entire Atlantis season 1 so....
                          And... where was the continuity person? How many times did they go from 3000 to 5000 to 3000 years? That was just plain silly, seeing as how the beginning had Daniel being emphatic about 3000, telling Jack to concentrate on 3000, then AU Daniel mentions that the dig was 5 days earlier or something, so 2995....then we're back to 5000 years again. Come on!

<snip>
                          I may be mistaken, but this is how I think the time line is. Ra had the ZPM during 3000 BC. BC and AD are split at the time of Jesus, and there has been approximately 2000 years since Jesus; hence, we are 5000 years from Ra's time.

Token ~

Comment

I may be mistaken, but this is how I think the time line is. Ra had the ZPM during 3000 BC. BC and AD are split at the time of Jesus, and there has been approximately 2000 years since Jesus; hence, we are 5000 years from Ra's time.
                            Ah! OKay, thanks! It really was rather confusing, so I'll pay closer attention on the second viewing. They went back TO 3000 BC, which is 5000 years ago. Got it

Dana Jeanne
                            Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                              I agree it did come out of the blue, but its AT Alternate Timeline, not AU Alternate Universe because really, its just switching between the past and the present, but because they did some bad stuff in the past, the present we see it different to what it actually should be.
                              No. It is an alternate universe. If it was simply an alternate timeline you'd have a paradox: They went back in time under different circumstances, so this would have been different, and it would have been a nasty cycle.

However, Universe A sends SG1 back in time. In doing so, they don't travel to Universe A 5000 years ago. They literally CREATE a new Universe. We'll call it Universe B. Now, because of the changes they made, Universe B is very different. Now. How they {MIGHT} mix it...since I haven't read a single spoiler for Part 2:

Universe B sends their jumper back, creating Universe C. However, since Universe C is escentially a copy of Universe B, but with this back there, there are also copies of the original SG1 there. They stop them from doing whatever, and send them forward, to Universe D. Universe D is pretty close to Universe A.

Of course. I have no idea how they'll actually do it....and I don't want to know. Not for another week
                              sigpic

Comment

get with the times. It's BCE. Before the Common Era.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X