Threads (818)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
    Well, I'm floored. There's implied sex, there's ceremony, there's death, there's deception, there's break-ups, there's make-ups, there's the big bad revelation, there's the big bad others (who by the way are quite stuck-up), there's a big bad fight, there's nakedness, there's ship, and then there is what we have all been waiting for FISHING.
    O man that sounds like a really great ep .. pitty i wont see it for ages ... any more details ppl??

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunkissed_stargate_traveller
      O man that sounds like a really great ep .. pitty i wont see it for ages ... any more details ppl??
      I haven't seen it yet myself but here is a detailed synopsis with lots of the dialog: SDF synopsis of Threads

Comment

Good episode, rushed ending. Way too many stories to try and wrap up in the last 10 minutes of the episode.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05
          I haven't seen it yet myself but here is a detailed synopsis with lots of the dialog: SDF synopsis of Threads
          Thanks ... the rest of the site is interesting too ..

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

SPOILERS

So what happens to Oma? Does she get punished? Or does she still live or die?

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              I loved Threads and all of it ...It was very emotional and well done

Thank you TPTB

I loved the Daniel scenes and the Sam & Jack scenes , the Sam & Jacob scenes even the Pete & sam scenes and the Kerry & Jack scenes ..and I enjoyed bratac and Teal'c at the SGC

I also loved the humor in that episode

Nothing else to say : 10/10

Caty
              if Caty gives it a 10 out of 10; then i'm jumping for joy!!! if I see sour grapes from the you know whos then I'm doing freakin' cartwheels!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBacklin
                SPOILERS

So what happens to Oma? Does she get punished? Or does she still live or die?

I got the impression that Oma and "Jim" is locked in an eternal struggle. Where no one can win. So both of them are effectively trapped.

Comment

Wel i must say that this episode is definately one of my favourites it was a very good one, albeit flawed.

SPOILERS

How Oma took out Anubis felt a little anit-climactic IMO and the killing off of Jacob/Selmac was purely for ship, heck it was practically a deus ex machina just to finally bring Sam and Jack together. But my favourite moment was the ending, simply for the sweetness of it and, of course, the ship. This is the very first time ever in SG1 that I have enjoyed watching ship-simply because after this episode I think we can expect it never to happen again! This is obviously the end to the whole darn thing so never again will we have to sit through another tentative look, another akward silence, another "Grace" Hallelujah!!
                  Last edited by Doing_the_impossible; 08 February 2005, 10:19 PM.
                  April 29th
                  DONT PANIC!

Frinks Law:
                  "PI IS EXACTLY THREE!"

Comment

Sounds possible. The Ancients are really pissing me off. I do understand their highest law (not interfering in coporial matters) because once you open that door, in a literal sense, all hell would break loose. At the same time and this is why I am pissed, is why don't they realize Anubis is using knowledge of Ancient technology that he got while he got ascended and using that in coporial matters. They should know that no one has the technology to stop him. They should've wiped Anubis out a long time ago and let Oma to continue what she was doing (helping others find enlightenment (ascend)) and everyone else go on their merry way. I really do hope Oma isn't dead or trapped or descened somewhere.

SPOILERS down below SPOILERS

They killed Jacob/Selmak, DAMMIT! He was my favorite character. I just wonder what killed him.

Comment

Okay, another question. Sorry for my ignorance but what the hell is ship or shippers thing everyone keeps on mentioning?

Comment

Okay, another question. Sorry for my ignorance but what the hell is ship or shippers thing everyone keeps on mentioning?
                        Ship refers to romantic relationSHIPs or feelings characters have in the show, or in fandom. In this case its referring to the cursed Sam/Jack pairing, the most popular 'ship' (though I don't agree)

SPOILIERS

which finally gets put to bed in this one *phew!*
                        April 29th
                        DONT PANIC!

Frinks Law:
                        "PI IS EXACTLY THREE!"

Comment

Sounds possible. The Ancients are really pissing me off. I do understand their highest law (not interfering in coporial matters) because once you open that door, in a literal sense, all hell would break loose. At the same time and this is why I am pissed, is why don't they realize Anubis is using knowledge of Ancient technology that he got while he got ascended and using that in coporial matters. They should know that no one has the technology to stop him. They should've wiped Anubis out a long time ago and let Oma to continue what she was doing (helping others find enlightenment (ascend)) and everyone else go on their merry way. I really do hope Oma isn't dead or trapped or descened somewhere.
                          I think the other ancients are happy with the result. First they got ride of Oma, whose constant attempt to help other ascend must get on their nerves. Then they got ride off Annibus, which I don't think many of them liked but had to tolerate due to the law/rule whatever.

One thing that never made sense to me, is why, if Annibus is going to wipe out all life from the galaxy, even bothered giving the planet to Rebel Jaffs in the first place. If he’s just going to wipe everything out, dose it really matter if all rebel Jaff are gathered at the same place? I mean sure, he got the dial all gate trick from baal, but that’s an awful big risk he took there.

Lastly, I was kinda hoping to see baal in a final desperate attempt to stop annibus, just to save himself (and rest of the galaxy as a bonus), buying enough time for Ome to finally put an end ot Annibus once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes

What did everyone think??

I think it was utter drivel, and I don't care enough about it - or any of the characters actually left alive, at this point, to say any more about it than that.

utter, utter, shallow adolescent nonsense.

Comment

Ok I'm going to try and do a recap of what happened, I may miss stuff out. I don't think I should need a spoiler space.

The episode starts with a recap of the s/j relationship it seemed to me- Zatarc testing, when she's trapped behind the force field etc. Clips from d&c,grace, chimera, affinity - Daniel ascending again.

Anibus - who's new body is starting to look scabby again, tells Ba'al that he knows what he did and is going to use his modifications to the stargate to destroy the galaxy.

Sam comes in the briefing room to talk to Jack but sees him with a woman in his office and looks uncomfortable. He waves her in as he gets rid of the woman. Carter is curious to who she is - Kerry Johnson CIA, heading up the investigation into the missing goa'uld. Carter talks to Jack about Daniel but Jack is refusing to have a memorial service because he's not going to be tricked into believing that Daniel is dead. He thinks that Daniel will come in the door right at that moment, of course they both watch the door and nothing happens.

Meanwhile Daniel enters a diner, sitting down in an empty seat. His waitress is Oma.
                              The Jaffa lead by Isaac Hayes, honor Teal'c and Bratac for what they've done. Bractac tells them that Jaffa will never bow before anyone again.

Carter is waiting by the lift, Pete steps out. He's really hyper about his clearance pass and is he going to go through the gate? Carter says no, opens a door and there is Jacob sitting down. Carter didn't tell Pete because she didn't want him to be nervous. Jacob says that it was Carter who was nervous. There's a long silence while Jacbo looks at Pete. Pete breaks the silence by asking Jacob if having the snake in his head doesn't freak him out. It was all very uncomfortable.

In the diner Daniel asks her if he's dead. She says it's up to him. Daniel isn't sure if it's real, Oma answers in a riddle. Daniel orders waffles.

Bratac tells Teal'c that the balance of power is shifting but Teal'c isn't convinced that freedom for all Jaffa is in their hands. The speak on mistrust and loyalty among Jaffa.

A guy comes into the Diner and says he knows Daniel. Hands him a paper - it's says that Daniel Jackson is undecided.

In the sgc Carter eating with her father. She asks him why they haven't spoken about Pete. Selmek likes Pete and he's happy if she's happy.

Jack is woken by a phone call from Carter, Teal'c is back and he needs to come him. He's in bed with Kerry Johnson and kisses her before he leaves to get dressed.

Back in the diner Oma tells Daniel that he's at stop on the way to ascension. Daniel reads in a paper - The Ascended Times I think - of Anubis' plans. Seems like the ascended know exactly what is going on in the galaxy as it happens, or before. Hmmm. Oma tells Daniel that he can either choose ascension or he'll be dead if he trys to leave and help his friends. She won't help him ascend again. If he chooses to take human form he will not have any memory of Anubis' plan anyway. He then tries to strike up conversations with the others in the diner but none of them will take to him. He's trying to get some syrup. Oma comes out with the syrup and tells him that they won't talk to him because he's not one of them.

Teal'c, Bratac, Jacob, Jack and Carter are in the briefing room. Jack tells them they should have blown up the ancient weapon when they had the chance. Apparently the Jaffa want to keep it. Neither Jack nor Jacob think this is good idea. Carter's phone goes off and she shuts it off, embarrased. I didn't know phones could work under a mountain - i've got to get me one of them. Mine won't work above ground! Anyway Jack tells Jacob the tokra should take the weapon back because the Jaffa already hate them.

They are interrupted again when Carter is called away with an urgent phone call, Jack watches her while still continuing with the conversation. Jacob mentions that Carter was supposed to be picking flowers for the wedding. Carter is not pleased that he told everyone this. Jack tells Carter to go, there' s nothing she can do and it is her day off.

Oma tells Daniel that she didn't wipe his memories of ascension. She has crossed the line a few times and paid for it.

Carter and Pete are in a car, Pete is his usually chatty self wanting to know jokingly if they are about to get destroyed by aliens. Then he asks seriously. Carter tells him no both times. They were talking about weddings but Carter seemed distant somehow.

Ok I'll update later if no-one else does. I've got to get to work.
                              Last edited by raeble; 08 February 2005, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doing_the_impossible
                                Wel i must say that this episode is definately one of my favourites it was a very good one, albeit flawed.

SPOILERS

How Oma took out Anubis felt a little anit-climactic IMO and the killing off of Jacob/Selmac was purely for ship, heck it was practically a deus ex machina just to finally bring Sam and Jack together. But my favourite moment was the ending, simply for the sweetness of it and, of course, the ship. This is the very first time ever in SG1 that I have enjoyed watching ship-simply because after this episode I think we can expect it never to happen again! This is obviously the end to the whole darn thing so never again will we have to sit through another tentative look, another akward silence, another "Grace" Hallelujah!!

Disagree.

She was already at Jack's house to confess all regarding her feelings for him 'before' she knew Jacob was dying.
                                (I tried to put this into spoiler mode but it did not work so sorry to anyone who feels 'spoiled')

Agree with everything else though

Comment

Working...
                                X