Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First
    replied
    Sadly, it's probably the last time Oma can help. She has her own problems now.

Leave a comment:

• garhkal
    replied
    When that happened i actually thought for a second he was dead for good... Lucky we got Oma again stepping in..

Leave a comment:

• First
    replied
    This is one of the best episodes ever. The multiple storylines were all great in their own right, but together, I loved it!
    Enemy vs enemy battles are always good. Particularly when one asks for your help. Jack's interaction with Baal is amusing, and Baal's comment to Sam & Jacob "I am a god, I am alknowing" was an instant classic. I laughed loud at that one.
    Towards the end, it shocked me when the SGC iris opened and the replicators came pouring in. I really wasn't expecting it, and it gave a real sense of impending doom, that has been lacking lately. This episode had me on the edge of my seat more than any other.
    Daniel learning to mentally fight against Replicarter was a new twist. One of those feel good moments, but in the end there was no alternative but a bad ending for Daniel. For him to be saved would have been a bit cheesy and hard to believe.
    One very minor issue, when Daniel was stabbed, it was one of those rare occasions when I thought the special effects looked a bit fake. Particularly by the very high standards of this show.
    Overall, excellent!

Leave a comment:

• TheGreatLordGeorge
    replied
    my new favorite episode

Leave a comment:

• angelfire east
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    And, not only is that a great Stargate Quote, it's also a piece of very real wisdom that people should take a bit more notice of, I reckon.
    Agreed! Words to live by

Leave a comment:

• Col. Shadow Quinn
    replied
    What if the Prometheus was in the battle with the rebel Jaffa at the Battle of Dakara?

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    Originally posted by mappalazarou
    'There is only one thing we can ever truly control, whether we are good...or evil.'
    And, not only is that a great Stargate Quote, it's also a piece of very real wisdom that people should take a bit more notice of, I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral Mappalazarou
    replied
    I love the bit when Jack continues shooting the replicators with his shotgun after they freeze, and I love the scenes with Replicarter and Daniel - their mind fight was awesome.
    And the flashback 'previously on Stargate SG-1' bit at the beginning was mint, my favourite SG quote is;

'There is only one thing we can ever truly control, whether we are good...or evil.'

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    I'm not so fortunate in that respect, alas. I'm just hanging on in there through the current Sky One repeat run. They're doing two eps a day, though so it shouldn't be more than a couple of months to go.

I really wanna see Daniel play RepliCarter at her own game again. Maybe I'd be better off getting the DVD box set. Trouble is, I'm running out of shelf space...

Leave a comment:

• Daniel's_twin
    replied
    I really hope this episode makes it into this year's Viewer's Choice Marathon. It was so good!

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    I second that.

Leave a comment:

• saberhagen83
    replied
    The second half of season 8 made it a good season in my opinion. This was one of the best episodes I have seen in SG1. I loved the parts between Daniel and RepliCarter.

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    Originally posted by Resident-Seven
    Yeah, I loved this episode too, season 8 had some great episodes.

The saying is "If you immediatly know the candle light is fire, the mean was cooked a long time ago". To be honest, I don't really know what it means, but a guess would be that you need to learn things for yourself, you can't just have people tell you. If people keep giving you all the answers all the time, you'll never learn anything, and never really gain anything from that knowledge. Thats probably way off though.
    Maybe we're not meant to understand exactly what it means - at least, I certainly don't.

I suppose it could be a cryptic way of saying, 'if you know this much, then you should also be able to figure out the rest so I'm not going to spoon-feed it to you'. Either that or 'your date is arriving in a few minutes for an intimate candle-lit dinner for two and, by the way, you've burnt the main course'.

Yes. I am talking cobblers. But then, that's what I normally do, so what's new?

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    Please?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel's_twin
    replied
    Care to put in spoiler tags?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X