Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmFor
    replied
    Very good episode. Good action, good plot. I liked how Jack was teasing Baal ( Baal is such a cool Goau'ld) and also finaly Jacoooob We have to enjoy him as long as it is possible ( unfortunately not so long anymore)
    I have to say that season 8 was a bit surprise for me. I remembered it to be worse but now I think I like season 8 even more than season 7. Lack of Jack was somehow not as striking ( for me) as in the season 7.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    8:05 -- a few seconds faster than the Master.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Falcon has a point about the two parter largely being setup for part 2. That said, this common for Stargate episodes. Even Lost City has a lot of build up for the big Antarctic battle. So I agree that its setup but its entertaining setup. My favorites are what Sam and Daniel are doing. I think at this time I am more interested in the Replicators than the Goa'uld. I found the whole Dakara being a holy place a big eye roll moment and Teal'c being stupid. I think I give it fair with 8:33.

Oh and Anubis magically escaped that ice planet somehow.

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied
    15:52

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Quiz and jigsaw time...

3-episode quiz: Reckoning I, Reckoning II & Threads

Jigsaw puzzle: Reckoning, part I

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    When I do a rewatch I tend to watch them in the proper order no matter what the DVD/streamer has them in
    Okay, I admit I didn't know they were out of order until I saw the episode titles on GW. I've never watched this DVD-set before, nor have I watched my sets for season 9 and 10 (so that could get interesting).

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    You don't have the follow the DVD order FH

When I do a rewatch I tend to watch them in the proper order no matter what the DVD/streamer has them in

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    I think they do a fairly good job of keeping the tension up during this set up episode.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    You skipped Citizen Joe
    I did not -- my DVD order puts CJ after Threads.

I think they have filming order instead of broadcast order -- for whatever reason.

My season 2 WH13 DVD makes an even bigger mistake, the episode order on the DVD's is out of whack completely. The fourth disc holds episode 4, 8 & 12 (in that order), so I had to tuck a post-it note with the DVD to remind myself that the order of the episodes is -- well -- out of whack.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    You skipped Citizen Joe

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    So the story needs a set-up and that's what we're given. If this had been done in one episode it wouldn't have felt right, so I am glad they stretch it across 2 episodes, but it also means that there's a lot of filler.

Also, everyone's off doing their thing: Teal'c and Bra'tac off to retake Dakara, Carter on a joy-ride with Thor, Jack at the SGC and Daniel captured by Repli!Carter.

All small pieces of the bigger puzzle. They all come together in the end and that's good.

Some funny bits with Jack, and the butt of many jokes, Lord Ba'al of course.

It's not an episode that I'm overwhelmingly excited about but it isn't bad either.

How would you rate SG-1's "Reckoning, Part 1"?

Excellent
    Good
    Fair -- it's a set up. The pay-out doesn't happen until part 2 so fair it is.
    Poor
    Terrible

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Good preparation for part 2, and Anubis is back, ready to create new dangers for everybody in the universe. Well, we're all waiting or them. Replis again and Yu never again.
    Good one.

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    This episode struggles with the problem that many two parters of SG1 has. Thier is a lot of time of time to development to make the part II awesome that part is kind of stagnet. Thier is a lot of truth to that one as a lot is devoted to developing some things are kind of slow. Although that slow action is fun to watch. I especially like the Thor scenes and seeing Jacob return. It was obvious from the beginning thatRepliCarter was Oma but I still liked the battle of words the two people. But one thing that bugs me like crazy is the magical reappearence of Anubis. No explanation was given of how he escaped the icy planet.

Leave a comment:

• Jae'a
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    4. Also forgot one of the Jaffa was played by Mr Chocolate Salty Balls!
    Oh yeah, I had to stop myself from giggling because I kept thinking "Hello there, children" when he was trying to be all serious and stuff

Leave a comment:

• Matt G
    replied
    Another ep of SG1...

1. They were a little casual about the capture of Daniel but they possibly thought they had bigger fish to fry.

2. Jacob was still willing to write Teal'c off.

3. Forgot how ugly Anubis was.

4. Also forgot one of the Jaffa was played by Mr Chocolate Salty Balls!

5. And "I asked you not to tell me"...it's the small things I forgot...

Great ep!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X