No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does everybody agree that Replicators=Borg now?

As soon as Thor said they adapted...i shook my head...
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

(8 pages of responses just to make sure nobody mentioned this- there should be awards for people how do that!)

*speculation for Reckoning, Part 2*
      *spoilers for "Sacrifices*

Chirs Judge said, ""I am definitely writing one episode in Season Eight, and in it you will see someone get married and someone die -- but don't tell anyone!" Obivously, this isn't that epsiode. But when i read that, I immedeately assumed it would be Bra'tac getting the axe. Let's face it, he's old for a Jaffa, even with the Tritonin supplimenting for a symbiote. I was wrong about that episode, but I still think it's about time for him to go down in the fight for freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing

Heh, yah, i had the same thought, but i think imo, the Replicators have some kind of personality, unlike the dull borg... "Resistance is Futile", heh i laugh at that...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing

Any advanced race can adapt. If you mean there are similarities between the Replicators and the Borg, that part is true, but the Replicators are all mechanical while the Borg are biomechanical. And Replicators don't assimilate humanoids.

In a similar vein, one can make an argument for [spoilers for Atlantis ep1]
          Spoiler:
          the Wraiths' hive-like society
          resembling the Borg as well.
          To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Borgs? Pshaw...
            Aren't those in Star Trek or something? *ducks and dodges rotten veggies, fruit, assorted furniture and Mack trucks*

Comment

I just watched the episode, I gotta say I absolutely loved it. Some things just don't make sense to me though.

First, I can understand why Ba'al would serve Anubis, all Anubis has to do is enter Ba'al's body to kill him. But why would Anubis tell Ba'al that he's going to get a device that will kill all life in the galaxy, which includes killing Ba'al. Shouldn't he have just said it's a weapon to kill the replicators, this way he doesn't have to worry about Ba'al backstabbing him. Maybe Anubis is just getting cocky.

Secondly, the device is supposed to kill all LIFE in the galaxy, do machines really count as life? It could alternatively mean that the device will actually destroy the galaxy itself and all things contained within. If it's going to kill ALL life, why worry about where in teh galaxy the rebel Jaffa are? Either way, it seems like a pretty stupid plan unless Anubis is planning on moving into the next galaxy over. Another possibility is that the device is CAPABLE of destroying all life in the galaxy, but can also be used in other ways, like wiping out a specific species (Maybe that's what happened to the Furlings).
              If this is the case why would Ba'al be so worried about being killed if it's only going to be used against the Replicators? Maybe it's just a trick he has to lure SG-1 to Ta'kara, or to get them to get rid of Anubis for him.

And this is just a nitpick, was it just me or did the Hatak firing make a different noise than usual. It was kind of like a pong-pong noise instead of the vrooom that it usually makes.
              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                And this is just a nitpick, was it just me or did the Hatak firing make a different noise than usual. It was kind of like a pong-pong noise instead of the vrooom that it usually makes.
                Remember, the mothership was taken by the Replicators. They have probably adjusted the ship in many ways, weapons first.

Comment

Originally posted by .Ra.
                  Remember, the mothership was taken by the Replicators. They have probably adjusted the ship in many ways, weapons first.
                  Plus, that deep booming sound is only when Ha'taks are firing through a planet's atmosphere.

Maybe we should all stop saying how things don't make sense just because we can't figure out what's going to happen next week

Comment

sorry, i'm not wading through all 8 pages....me lazy
                    -and on dial up-

i enjoyed this. nice action and adventure. Several plot threads coming to a head.

i had a couple of niggling things.....jacob let baal see him? doesn't this like blow his cover?

I like RC showing back up and being the b****.
                    Nice thing about the T'kara (although it would have been a bit more believable had we ever heard of it before....course we never heard about Kheb before it was plot necessary)

I'm interested in finding out what the true secret of t'kara is. there has to be more that just a weapon's location.

where the first primta was, could this be an abandoned ancient laboratory? maybe giving clues, insight, into just how the goauld came into existence...maybe also explaining how the goauld got naq in their blood

I'm really looking forward to part 2 and seeing what questions it answers
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nice episode! From the moment RC stuck it to poor Yu (Yu! I'll miss you!), the storylines kept coming. There was a lot of exposition - I think everybody from Sam to Bra'tac to Thor participated - but I thought it did a nice job of setting the table for what should be a corker of an episode next week.

Ba'al was great. I adore the way Cliff Simon plays this role. His cock of the eyebrow at Anubis, his annoyance at Jack's antics, his clothes.

And speaking of Anubis. Wow, I like this new Anubis so much better than that Darth Vader wannabee we used to have. Watching his "essence" transfer into that poor young man reminded me how evil the Goa'uld used to seem.

Replicarter. I really like RC and think AT's doing a nice job here.

Daniel/Oma/RC. These were some nice little scenes. Daniel seemed more like old Daniel than he has in some time and there was some interesting stuff going on here.

Jacob and Bra'tac! Always nice to see you guys.

Jack. Yes I can appreciate you're trying to annoy and mock Ba'al, but you went a little overboard with the cosmic giddiness. Like the snark but I like it better when I can still see the dangerous special ops guy and effective leader lurking beneath the surface. I was having trouble seeing him in this episode - needed a little more balance I think.

So all roads lead to T'kara. The sacred place where the first prim'tah ceremony took place for the Jaffa. The place where Anubis rose from the dead. And the place where a weapon exists that can destroy the galaxy. Now THIS I'm looking forward to.

I checked the Gateworld spoiler pics and I'm not seeing much that looks like it's from the second part of Reckoning. Hmm.....
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Did Mel Harris (Oma), get some work done? Like a face lift or something? She looks different. Or maybe its the hair. Hm.....
                        "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                          Did Mel Harris (Oma), get some work done? Like a face lift or something? She looks different. Or maybe its the hair. Hm.....
                          Well she wasn't back-lit, for one thing. That tends to soften and distort facial features.

About this scene, I have to say that I knew it was RCOma from the moment she came in, and I'll bet the "harder" look of Oma was done to clue us in.

RC, like Real Carter didn't truck with any of Oma's riddles, so she spoke more like Sam, because, afterall, she shares Sam's opinions and thought processes. That thing she said, about absolute truth, that thing that Daniel said made no sense, was definitely not an Oma-ism; it was a Sam-ism.

I thought the ruse was masterfully executed, giving Daniel(and us) just enough subtle clues, including Oma's face, to help us arrive at Daniel's conclusion at the same time he did.) And I loved how Daniel handled her, led her to expose herself. Very good stuff.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                            I agree she looked different. I like Tok'Ra Hostess's explanation for this being a hint to the viewer about the Oma being fake.

Anyhow, it is tough for recurring characters to return once every year or two and for them to retain the same look despite the fact that Oma probably wouldn't change her look but nor should a replicator robot like Fifth gain weight.
                            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              I'm interested in finding out what the true secret of t'kara is. there has to be more that just a weapon's location.

where the first primta was, could this be an abandoned ancient laboratory? maybe giving clues, insight, into just how the goauld came into existence...maybe also explaining how the goauld got naq in their blood

I'm really looking forward to part 2 and seeing what questions it answers
                              Interesting. Maybe the goa'uld were an ancient experiment gone bad. That thought hadn't occurred to me. Now I wanna see part 2 even more than I did before.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                                Interesting. Maybe the goa'uld were an ancient experiment gone bad. That thought hadn't occurred to me. Now I wanna see part 2 even more than I did before.
                                I have my own personal theory about the goauld, which has changed slightly now with atlantis

I think the ancients stumbled across p3x888 and found a planet full of sentient creatures living in the water. they experimented on them, found out that, while they were pretty helpless outside a host, they were formidible within a host

atlantis spoilers
                                Spoiler:

given what we found out in Underground i think, that one person had a protein that gave them an immunity to the wraith, i think the goauld were bred and sought after as a potential serum for the wraith. I think the protein they found there was the protein like sam has, a by product of blending.

I think the ancients bred the goauld, planned to use them as a weapon against the wraith

i think the ancients even started the naqahdah in the blood as a way to track their goauld slaves

what they didn't realize was that the goauld had a genetic memory and, after centuries of enslavement, they were happy to rise up as the ancients were defeated by the wraith

the ancients created teh goauld problem, then were too defeated to do anything about it. and the furlings, nox and asgard were all too arrogant and uncaring to bother with the goauld. they just stood by and let it happen, not caring as long as the goauld left them alone
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X