No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this episode tremendously! Wow! TPTB are sending us on a wild rollercoaster for the end of Season 8! Next week is going to be GOOD!! There have already been some great comments on the episode. I'm glad Carter's colossal mistake is still being addressed. Although, I wish people (Jack) would quit telling her it wasn't her fault. She knows it was her fault. LOVED seeing Jacob!! Ba'al is my favorite Gou'ald! I was somewhat fearful of the Oma thing (been there; done that) and was glad for the twist. Jack had some great one-liners going. Did anyone else catch Jack saying, "...little, grey bum"? I almost choked!! LOTS of Jack-isms!!

This is why I love Stargate....action, intrigue, humor, and that Round Spinny Thing!!

Token ~

Comment

I have to admit that I had been losing faith in SG-1 lately. But this episode rocked my world! It is the first episode in a while where the credits came up and I thought "It's over already!?"

It is going to be a long wait for part deux.

Comment

Originally posted by Avreana
        I have to admit that I had been losing faith in SG-1 lately. But this episode rocked my world! It is the first episode in a while where the credits came up and I thought "It's over already!?"

It is going to be a long wait for part deux.
        I know what you mean by the "It's over already!?", i was so into the show, it didn't even seem like an hour!

One other thing i liked, was the amount of hectic things happening at once. Replicators invade the Goa'uld, the Jaffa Rebelion, the return of Anubis, and blah blah, made me all excited.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Replicarter was so cool at the very beginning. I was like "Whoa! That's Replicarter! She's so friggin' cool! *squeel*" The whole episode had me on the edge of my seat! It was brilliant! And Anubis being back! What a surprise! And he was sooo scary too in Sokar's body (that was Sokar right? It was his planet. But shouldn't there be no moon seeing as how Ne'tu was destroyed?)
          It was a little too convenient and cliche that the weapon is in Ta'kara where pretty much everyone if gonna be. That sort of made me roll my eyes...
          Jack was a little too cheerful. It was great to see Thor and wasn't he uber brave? I love the little guy! And Walter! Yeay! I love Walter Trying to make smalltalk with Ba'al LMAO! It was nice to see Siler too. He's been missing for a while

I can't wait until next week! It's already killing me!
          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

I really enjoyed the Teal'c & Bratac stuff, and the Daniel stuff; and Jacob and Walter are always welcome. Sam & Thor were too technobabbly, and the replicators too Borgish ("they've adapted!"). Jack was a prat. I like his humour, but not at the expense of getting a crisis sorted out.

I'm nervous about next week - I really want the Jaffa to heroiclally hold their new planet and see off all-comers, but I suspect they'll heroically get pummelled .

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              I'm nervous about next week - I really want the Jaffa to heroiclally hold their new planet and see off all-comers, but I suspect they'll heroically get pummelled .
              Omg, i have the same exact feeling! But yah, nothing really comes our way (well maybe it does, rarely...) I was a bit bummed when Jacob was like saying the Jaffa Rebellion was already over, or something like that.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                And he was sooo scary too in Sokar's body (that was Sokar right? It was his planet. But shouldn't there be no moon seeing as how Ne'tu was destroyed?)
                Is that Sokar's planet? Well, if so, it could've had more than just the one moon.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Great ep all around but my favorite part was at the end when you see Siler standing there waiting for Jack and you are just thinking he is waiting for him to answer some sort of question or something and it pans to Baal standing there that made me laugh so hard and it was just a perfect Jack moment, if we have even one of thoes in season 9 I will be happy.

Comment

This episode is by far the best episode of the season. My only guess as to why the ancients made a device to wipe out all life is that incase another wraith incident happened again. If the milkey way became overrun with an enemy like wraith they would be able to wipe it out easily rather than have to run away like they did from the wraith. It would seem since this weapon can kill replicators it must have a selection of which lifeform to kill. Because if it was a one button kills all weapon, then no life form could use it.
                    Attached a picture, its clearly not martin standing with O'Neill and walter at the end.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting T1000 moment at the beginning of the episode. Also I guess there are only 3 system lords left.

I thought it was a good episode. Hope it gets better with each episode.

Comment

This ep had so much happen in it's 42 minutes. It's incedible. At first, I was like "did I miss something" but, that was quickly dismissed when I realized that the Replicators were just disrupting a classic SG-1 style plan, and throwing everything to hell. I'm still processing this, but oh, man...

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I loved this ep and I can't wait for Part 2. Just a minor complaint though: what is it with incredibly advanced races and weapons of total annihilation? I mean, why the hell would the Ancients build a weapon capable of killing every living being in the galaxy? And how would it affect the replicators, since they aren't technically alive in the first place ...
                          Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

I think to the ancients it was probably more of a tool and they never thought of it as a weapon but as more of a tool. Or maybe it was intentionally a weapon. The ancients don't seem to care about the problems they cause though.

Comment

Well, after the pages of 'uber-goodness', I'm gonna chime in on the other side. I love sg-1. I love atlantis. But in screenwriting there is an evil 'don't overdo it' thing that is sometimes referred to as: "Bernie the Explainer". Seemed like every other character was 'explaining quickly' as if people hadn't been following along. gods I hate that.
                              This didn't feel like drama. It felt like a hurry up, lets tie up all ze loose ends in one fell swoop....which of course is what is going on as season 9 has major cast changes and story changes........but I hate when it happens. The next 4 episodes I fear are going to feel like 'tie it up in a nice little bow'..............and of course with a title like 'moebius' we're back to ze future to 'fix' things.

Perhaps BSG has really spoiled me for a well written and amazingly acted show....but RDA's phonin' it in, and that makes it even harder to watch. sigh. Welp, hoping next week's conclusion doesn't feel like this reader's digest condensed version of things.

Comment

Awesome episode. The first good episode in season 8. Perhaps the replicators were the plague that the ancients refer to.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

Working...
                                X