No announcement yet.

Reckoning, Part 1 (816)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this ep and hope that R2 and the rest of S8 are as good or better and can resurect S8. We got to see all the old charchters in this one; Thor, Brat'ac, Jacob, Anubis.

Seems like the end of the system lords has finally come. Yu and the other 2 were the last of them i believe. All of S8 has been leading to this, the end of the system lords and the freedom of the jaffa. Can't wait to see the conclusion on Friday.

I normally don't like it when shows or movies jump around alot but didn't mind in this ep because of the great duos that were present. Jack and Jacob, Sam and Thor, Teal'c and Bratac, Jack and Baul, and Daniel and Replicarter.

Comment

Yeah, Daniel got addicted and everything, but Jack was facing a longer time. Plus if Jack couldn't ascend while under the influence of the sarcophagus, even if its effects weren't permanant, that still implies that if you won't be able to ascend based on your CURRENT condition, which for the Replicators is evil.

Comment

I hope part 2 is better. *crosses fingers*

Comment

one of the best episodes and two is even better
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
            DANG though...how cool would it be if they could? But Daniel thought that if Jack was changed by the sarcophagus he wouldn't be able to ascend...I don't know what Anubis' deal was, but isn't ascension supposed to have something to do with whether you are good or evil? In that case, the replicators probably couldn't ascend anyway.
            I think Daniel meant that the ascended ancients wouldn't let Jack ascend after the sarcophagus made him all cranky. It sounds like thus far that they weren't very happy with Anubis i.e. the kicked him out. And yeah, I don't think machine's can ascend.
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Ok, here's my 2cents: Frankly I was a little underwhelmed by this episode. There were moments I loved, but seemed to pop up amongst a fairly flat line for me. However, I realize the first part of a two-parter is often like that as it has the burden of setting everything up.

So, the bad stuff first:
              -Terminator RepliCarter. A blantant rip off, and a bad one at that.
              -The odds are not in our favor exchange. cheeeeeesy.
              -I've pretty much given up on the Tok'ra at this point. They started as a very cool concept, but they've ended up just as pig-headed as the Goa'uld.
              -Here's my thing with the Temple of Dekara. It seems a little too convenient. If it is soooo freakin' important, why have we not heard of it for eight years? I know they tried to explain it away, but it just seemed a bit stretched to me.
              -Do we know how to work the time machine???? Exactly how did we figure something that huge out that fast??
              -The replicators adapting so quickly to a weapon they were previously completely immune to. Again it seemed convenient.

The good stuff:
              -The very first thought I had was kudos to Amanda Tapping, because there wasn't a doubt in my mind the second I first saw her that it was Replicarter. She has really done a fabulous job of creating two separate characters.
              -Issac Hayes as a Jaffa leader. My sentiment when I first heard about this remains after watching: hee.
              -Oh, I've missed Jacob. Which as much as I'm anticipating Threads, makes me sad at the spoilers I've read. The banter between him and Jack was fun.
              -All the stuff with Jack and Baal. "That's what's left of your pride." "You'll be dead, and we'll be glad!" Nice. The dialogue was written great and RDA's delivery was perfect.
              -"So um..." I so want to know what Walter was gonna ask Baal.

I can't wait til Part 2. Should be interesting.!
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                -"So um..." I so want to know what Walter was gonna ask Baal...
                Boxers or briefs.

Really.

Comment

Hello I saw the episode just now and I liked it and I asked it myself now too. What was it that Walter was going to ask to Baal. I found O'Neill so cynical this time I really missed it. To Jacob so friendly and all hihi
                  Unshadualed Offworld activation.-->Whormhole established.Baal appears.O'Neill oh it is Baal Just like he was expectiong him loved it
                  and at the end excellent brunch hihi
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Yay! At last a part 1 of 2 that wasn't slow!
                    So many 2 part episodes tend to slowness, because they are building up a story that won't climax until the following week. This one was different. Well done to TPTB.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great build up to Reckoning Part 2 and it was a show where we are at base working out where to go *coughs* lost city *coughs*

Comment

The scene at the end where Baal is waiting for Jack wasn't in the script. Everyone on set was waiting for RDA but he never came. Peter DeLuise jumps in and starts saying RDA's lines and Cliff cracks up laughing. Then RDA comes in and says that the studio was too hot so he was in another studio that had air conditioning. So they added in the bit with Baal waiting.
                        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Just saw this in the reruns again. I love what AT does with ReplicatorCarter.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Just saw this in the reruns again. I love what AT does with ReplicatorCarter.
                            I'm gonna have to agree with you there. It clearly shows her versatility as an actress.
                            Rocky

Comment

The jaffa's quick oppinions and actions will be there downafall even teal'c and bra'tac won't be able to save them.
                              sigpic

Comment

You know, this episode was the perfect opportnity to bring Jonas back for a bit. But oh well, for whatever reason TPTB despise him.

Comment

Working...
                                X