No announcement yet.

Sacrifices (809)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They changed the ramp in the gate room now...iirc it used to be this see through grill type platform. Also theres a glow under the thing moves each when the chevon locks. Was this done before? i just noticed it this episode....

Comment

Originally posted by zats
      P.S. I liked the horses. Must have been Netu to shoot. Oh, and Ry'ac reminded me a tad of Anakin Skywalker in Attack of the Clones (not a good thing. I HATED that guy, and I like Star Wars.)
      OMG! I thought the same exact thing. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed! (Sorry, just had to say that- - - LOVED the episode though, definitely my favorite so far this season!)
      Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
      CkiCki

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack

>>..Any ideas of the nature of the "Rite of Orloc"?Teal'c advising the knife be as sharp as possible & R'yac's face was great.<<<<

Um self Circumcision?

that's my guess.

good thing they got primta's so they can heal fast <G>
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
          My hubby pointed out that there are under the skin pumps which supply 30 days of medication in existence, so why the daily dose?
          As far as I know, those pumps are mainly used for severe pain relief. Instead of taking lots of pills, lots of injections, etc, it delivers the medication directly to the spinal cord. Because it sort of cuts out the middle man, and delivers right to the nervous system, less of the medication is needed. It is a more direct method, and does more for less.

I am assuming there is some discomfort, and chance of infection/rejection or such with a device like that, but it has got to be better than the pain and constant other sources of medication the patients are taking. A simple injection of Tritonin, that takes a couple seconds, and always works fully, when taken at the right times, would seem like a better option to me. I suppose I could attatch an IV to my arm and not have to worry about drinking water, but I would rather just grab a bottle/glass of water when I am thirsty. It's usually available, and only takes a few seconds to drink, and always works! No need to take extreme measures, because one day I might be stuck in a desert and thirsty.
          O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
          Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

I think that the "Right" kills the swim team, for some very long time.

Which would explain why Teal'c (Who I assume got married at a similar age as Ry'ac), didnt have a child for his first 80 years of marriage (didnt they say he was 101 once?).

It really bugs me that Bra'tac is only like 30 years older than Teal'c, I think they should have thought Teal'c's age out better.
            FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

one of the best eps in Season 8 yet.

the ONLY thing that dissapointed me was not seeing the missiles hit.

Comment

I thought the episode was enjoyable, and was *very* glad to see some off-world
                action for a change!

Something about it seemed off, I mean, besides the usual season's lack
                of better special effects and the soap opera atmosphere.
                (I could just picture the supermarket tabloid headlines:
                - Horses invade the SGC! Chaos reigns!
                - Warrior son: "Daddy, can I use the Gateroom for the ceremony?"
                - They want to marry, but she refuses to "obey"!
                - Can Jaffa women find happiness without their symbiotes?
                - Beautiful warrior babe & buff-bod former first prime: Can star-crossed Jaffa
                warriors find happiness in this universe?
                - Love at the SGC! **close-up on various lip-locks and glances**)

Sheesh! Talk about overdosing on relationships! Teal'c has been studly lately!

I have always been a fan of Stargate humor, most especially Jack's comedy,
                but to me this seemed a tad forced in this episode -- maybe to make up
                for lost time. Some of Jack's reactions were almost too much like mugging,
                a bit over the top, too broad. I don't know how to explain it, except to say I have
                always loved the O'Neill character the best. RDA plays humor a certain way,
                and there just seemed to be some awkwardness -- for example, when he
                touched the horses's rump as it passed him and Sam, or tried to shush the
                people in the conference room -- more exaggerated than I'm used to. I put
                it in "The Other Guys" category of almost slapstick comedy. But that's just
                me! (I loved The Other Guys, but I enjoy O'Neill's more pointedly
                cynical or sarcastic and subtle humor the best.)

And though I loved the comedy ping-pong scene, I couldn't believe that
                the ball's impact would hurt so much as to make Jack clutch his thigh and
                gasp, "God!" I mean, it's a *ping-pong* ball, not a golf ball! I've been
                whacked by them from over-exuberant brothers, and at most they sting
                a bit. I would be surprised if getting one hit in the crotch would make Jack's
                voice change. Seemed a little whimpy to me! You males will have to
                enlighten me on that one. LOL

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Gosh, I loved this one. Nobody writes Jaffa episodes like CJ. Nobody.

Things I liked:
                  • A Jaffa story that wasn't boring. Somebody beg CJ to write all the big Jaffa episodes, please. He is wonderful at writing Teal'c and getting into the whole culture. Love his writing.
                  • Ishta's revenge thing. Watching Teal'c have to deal with somebody elses Jaffa revenge thing was all kinds of fun. Heh. How's that shoe feel on the other foot, big guy?
                  • Ishta. She went toe to toe with Teal'c and held her own. Love it. Easily one of the best recurring characters introduced in recent seasons. I hope we see much more of her and that more of the female guest characters have her kind of strength.
                  • Teal'c/Ishta I don't usually ship more than one pair for any given show, but I'm begging for more with these two. They have an interesting relationship and chemistry to spare. I'd love to see more of them.
                  • The comedy. Loved seeing Sam's fake smile in the gate scene, the whole ping pong bit and the horse in the halls.
                  • That whole hall scene with the horse, the scantily clad Jaffa women and Jack's little meltdown was great. If there's a silver lining in the whole Pete mess for me, it's that Jack and Sam have lightened up a little and are actually acting like friends again. The closeness is nice, but I wonder what will happen with that if/when Pete's out of the picture.
                  • Minimial Jack was handled well. He was in scenes that made sense, he wasn't glaringly missing in others, and we got comedy without making him look like a buffoon. Well done.
                  • Bra'tac rocks. He was exceptionally well utilized in this episode and the acting was top notch. Loved it.

Things I didn't like (or just didn't make much sense):
                  • What was with nobody mentioning Sam's engagement when there was a whole wedding being planned and happening on base? Seriously, wouldn't she say something or have somebody at least tease her about it? Very odd. Newly engaged couples usually can't shut up about being engaged and then they can't shut up about wedding planning. I expected a mention. That there wasn't one makes me wonder if she has gotten around to spreading the news. Still, it's even more odd if she hasn't told people. I don't get it.
                  • Neil Denis and the actress who played Kalin (sp?) were the weak links for acting. With and Jolene Blalock and Tony Amendola delivering exceptional performances, the weaker guest actors stood out a little more jarringly than usual. I know it's hard to find young actors who can hold up against Tony Amendola, but giving them big dramatic bits made it rather obvious.
                  • CJ isn't listed as the writer for any more episodes this season. Sniffle. Want more!
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

lol i was thinking that too (about the ping pong ball)

It could get fired out of a baseball practice thing and it still would not hurt that much... theyre thin plastic shells lol!

Comment

Maybe he was just hamming it up to get through to Teal'c - considering how deeply Teal'c was ignoring his pain completely. <g> A sort of hint - "Hey, ease up, buddy!"

That was one part of that scene that made me laugh loudest - when Jack tries to take advantage of Teal'c's distraction by cheating on the score and Teal'c promptly corrects him - "Score eight' as a casual, absent aside. Weren't paying attention for the rest of it, but didn't miss that one, huh, Teal'c? Even in the midst of fretting on your first born, you still have that competitive edge.

Is there a continuity goof there btw? The last shot Teal'c makes goes straight past Jack, who makes no attempt to catch it. He never retrieves the ball, far as I can see. Yet when the alarm goes off, Teal'c has the ball and tosses it to Jack. I don't play ping pong, so perhaps there was a spare ball floating around as standard though. You ping pongers will have to enlighten me on that one. <g>

Also loved Jack Theory on Child Rearing 101: "I find sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems..." Wonderful.

Albion
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                        What was with nobody mentioning Sam's engagement when there was a whole wedding being planned and happening on base? Seriously, wouldn't she say something or have somebody at least tease her about it? Very odd. Newly engaged couples usually can't shut up about being engaged and then they can't shut up about wedding planning. I expected a mention.
                        My guess is that the production schedule is such that they're not really sure of the airing order of some of these first-half of the season episodes so they can't mention Sam's engagement unless they're absolutely sure the episode will be airing after Affinity. We've already heard that Covenant was originally scheduled to air before Affinity.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
                          lol i was thinking that too (about the ping pong ball)

It could get fired out of a baseball practice thing and it still would not hurt that much... theyre thin plastic shells lol!
                          They can sting.

Think of it this way: Jack was trying to get Teal'c to release some of his anger, and rather than sparring, where he could really get hurt, he decided to have him play ping pong.

pettygrew

Comment

Ok, i really really loved this episode. Normally, i'm bored stiff by Jaffa episodes, (same as i am for Kinglon episodes) but this was brilliant. Funny, well-paced, lots of action..and for once, a really really good villan. I thought Moloch (am i spelling that right?) was fantastic, shame he was missiled to death (or was he? Never saw that...maybe he'll do an Apophis). He actually had more to say then 'You will pay for your impudence' and continued that whole 'I am your God!' thread, and talked about saving souls, and predicting things as any false god would..some of the best dialogue i've heard from a gou'ald (Anubis shouldn't talk. really. not scary when he talks).

nice to see bra'tac doing something more than beating the crap out to teal'c, then teaching someone else to beat the crap out of people. bra'tac humour!!! and ishta was fantastic!! i must admit, i do not like T'Pal at all..but ishta is fantastic...i'd love to see more of her.

and there was honest-to-goodness, real, comfortable ship in this. Teal'c/Ishta, R'yac/Corinne, even sam/jack. CJ seems one of the few writers comfortable with writing real, honest human interaction. and it was such a relief to see the ship there, after the awkwardness and half-finished conversations we've seen between sam and jack in the last few weeks. and the ping pong game was hysterical!

and so was daniel, with that huge grin that spread across his face when he realised the base was going to be full of jaffa women warriors! (down, boy)

Christopher Judge ha definietly become one of the best writers, and i hope he continues, not just for SG1, but atlantis, and other shows (he could teach the enterprise writers a thing or two). he has real talent, not just for plot, but actual character work.

and finally..sam/jack ship!!! i loved it!!! more please? if i ask very nicely..can i have more, like this? they were so comfortable and relaxed together, it was wonderful to see.
                            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              Did anyone else look at Rya'c's fiancée during the rehearsal and think she looked like a sixteen-year-old version of Sha're?
                              OOH! Me! Me! Me!

I'm surprised not many people mentioned this. I thought she looked so much like Sha're. It was nice to be reminded of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerom
                                They changed the ramp in the gate room now...iirc it used to be this see through grill type platform. Also theres a glow under the thing moves each when the chevon locks. Was this done before? i just noticed it this episode....

I noticed that too. But then I figured maybe it was covered so the horses could just go up the ramp without having the steps at the bottom.

Plus it's probably easier to clean, if you know what I mean, when it's not grated and then can just remove the board covering the ramp.

Comment

Working...
                                X