Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aAnubiSs
    replied
    They should have used Zats and or Intars.

You don't go around and kill people like that =) They aren't Jaffa, they're humans. We don't execute everyone on Earth, we put them in prison.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowMaat
    replied
    Another thing I wondered... at the end, when the SGC team meets up with Daniel's crew... how come no one brought an extra gun for Daniel? I mean, yes, the shotgun or whatever he was using was very nice, but would he be more familiar with Earth weapons? And wouldn't he be of more use with something a little more "modern"? I know they were trying to highlight Daniel's "alliance" with the locals, but really... there's a time to show solidarity and there's a time to kick as much ass as you can.

Leave a comment:

• Ugly Pig
    replied
    Okay - having now read the previous posts in this thread I gotta say I'm surprised at some of the things you guys didn't like.

The "romance" thing. IMO, there was no romance thing. Sure, they grew close, but that there'd be romantic feelings involved never even occured to me until the husband asked her if she loved him. She admitted to trusting Daniel - that doesn't mean she wuws him. I just took it as the guy being overly suspicious of his wife.

The flashbacks. I've seen several comments that it was confusing, or took you out of the story or whatever. I'm kinda surprised at this too, as I had no such problems when I was watching. The flashbacks were conviniently labeled with "Three Months Ago", "Two Months Ago" etc. so I don't see how it could be cunfusing. Wasn't "taken out of the story", either - I wanted to see what had happened. Didn't you guys ever see Godfather 2?
    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 07 August 2004, 06:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• Ugly Pig
    replied
    Another weekend, another new SG-1 episode. But more importantly,

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
    of 'Icon'

Well, okay - maybe not more importantly but it's here anyway. I didn't have very high expectations for this episode. Maybe because I didn't know much about it. Wow, almost completely spoiler free for once! How about that! In any case, I ended up enjoying it a lot.

First, a nitpick: Is not this the first time ever we've seen an off-world gate spin when receiving an incoming wormhole? They don't usually do that, why start now? Big can of worms there!

Moving on... So the episode begins with Daniel in bed in some foreign place with a nipple showing, getting some kind of bandage removed from his head by an unknown woman and I don't have a clue what's going on. Fortunately, flashbacks from three months earlier and onwards gradually fill in the backstory. Cool.

Good stuff: Jack in charge - he seems to be settling in nicely, and it looks like he's on top of the situation. The whole revolution plot - kinda reminiscent of 'Shadow Play' only it actually happens this time. The music - provided the appropriate amount of tension for the story. Not that it doesn't always do that, but somehow I felt it did it exceptionally well this time. The climax - plenty of beautiful merciless killings. Keep that body count going guys! Otherwise, a nice stand-alone episode. Come to think of it, it's the only one so far this season that doesn't touch upon any previously established story arcs whatsoever.

Bad stuff: I got the feeling it won't be as entertaining on repeat viewings, but that remains to be seen. And the fact that I can't think of anything else to say about the episode and I need to pass time while waiting for the new Atlantis ep. Oh well, I can always go back and see what everyone else said about the episode.

Leave a comment:

• Jonisa
    replied
    Overall, I liked the episode quite a bit. It was a little slower-paced than some others, but I enjoyed it.

I liked the fact that SG-1 caused this situation to develop, and that when the episode was over, there were still a lot of problems on that planet. No neat and tidy fixes here.

I liked the whole WWII feel of the episode, as that's always been a part of history I've been interested in.

It showed that Daniel isn't necessariy a pacifist, just more of a...well, I'm not exactly sure what he is. Someone help me out here. I definitely agreed with him that those religious zealots needed to be removed from power.

I liked the concern for a team member, I liked how competent Sam was in charge, I liked how Jack dealt with that creepy Soren guy.

I wasn't wild about the romance aspect, but at least it wasn't taken very far..at all. I did think it understandable that Daniel would have become close to the woman during his convalescence.

The structure of the episodes, all those flashbacks, hasn't been used very often, and I'm all for Stargate trying different methods of telling the story.

Shallow moment--Daniel looked very nice.
    Last edited by Jonisa; 07 August 2004, 06:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X