No announcement yet.

Icon (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing I wondered... at the end, when the SGC team meets up with Daniel's crew... how come no one brought an extra gun for Daniel? I mean, yes, the shotgun or whatever he was using was very nice, but would he be more familiar with Earth weapons? And wouldn't he be of more use with something a little more "modern"? I know they were trying to highlight Daniel's "alliance" with the locals, but really... there's a time to show solidarity and there's a time to kick as much ass as you can.

Comment

They should have used Zats and or Intars.

You don't go around and kill people like that =) They aren't Jaffa, they're humans. We don't execute everyone on Earth, we put them in prison.

Comment

The problem with using intars and zats is that the people you're fighting are using real guns with real bullets. They have no compunction about killing you and your friends and unless you have time to stop in the middle of a firefight to dash out and secure those you've knocked unconscious they could wake up again at an inconvenient point and shoot you.

Comment

Zat them and remove their weapons afterwards.

It's not like they're gonna be able to fire after being zatted.

Comment

I liked the episode, it wasn't the best written, the most spectacular, the most engaging drama or whatever - it was simply a solid kinda typical SG-1 episode where they go off world, get into trouble with the locals, get out of it and help the locals get to a better stage in their development. Contrary to others I wasn't bothered by the 2 countries/cold war thingy, I think it's only natural things would grow like this - but they could have made it a bit more complex then just 2 big countries (for which they probably didn't have the time).

I hope they'll allow these people to grow and become an interesting ally, they should be able to as these people are very close to our stage of development. I'm also hoping for the Kelownans to return in that fasion, it would be nice if earth could actually built some kind of United Planets like the UN is on earth.

I was glad they killed Soren off, it was the right thing to do. Such men are beyond any help and when at a stage like they are without any police or properly secured prisons you can't afford the risk a hidden loyalist would free him. The best thing to do IMO is to rip the heart out of such a dangerous movement as radically as possible, most of its followers will give up after that. The one's that don't should be either locked up or shot when there isn't any way to inprison them properly. Such a thing may appear unethical but if you would allow such a movement to grow again the result would only be more death. Daniel, as always, was a bit naive here but he finally did seem to understand the necessity of such a deed (unlike he did in Menace for instance).

Lastly, on the Daniel-Leda thing, I thought the basics were right: it's only natural that in a disaster like this a man and a woman put together would grow close. But my problem with it was that while it was clear to me she still loved her husband, they just had some isues to work out, Daniel looked like he was trying to hit on her. It could be explained by his naive way of trying to help. I would have liked it better if they would have found a way to make this more clearly a trusting friendship, for instance by making Daniel mention Sarah as his girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              Zat them and remove their weapons afterwards.

It's not like they're gonna be able to fire after being zatted.
              Oh yes. So you're in the middle of a firefight with a lot of people shooting real bullets at you and you manage to zat one of them. What are you going to do, hold up your hand and say "Time out! I just need to run over to your side and grab this guy and take his weapon away before he wakes up!"

Comment

It's not that hard. One doesn't place 200 troops on the same spot, so you zat one spot, move forward and remove their weapons. Then move on.

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree, then. It's off topic from the thread and we're both entrenched in our own opinions.

Icon: it could have been a lot better. I suppose the show needs a few "quieter" eps after all the excitement of the past few eps, but I didn't care for it. This one was dull enough to be in S7.

Comment

This wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't a great episode either.

I liked seeing the team's concern for Daniel.

The going back and forth from the present to the past didn't flow as nicely as I would have liked. I think the transitions could have been done a little bit better.

I try to think that all Daniel was trying to do was sympathize with Leda. He's got a big heart and was just trying to comfort her in her time of stress. There was not romantic edge on Daniel's part. I guess my ship denial/refusal does that to me.
                    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      You don't go around and kill people like that =) They aren't Jaffa, they're humans. We don't execute everyone on Earth, we put them in prison.
                      I beg to differ. In war, on Earth, you do go around and kill people like that.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Only if you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                          I try to think that all Daniel was trying to do was sympathize with Leda. He's got a big heart and was just trying to comfort her in her time of stress. There was not romantic edge on Daniel's part. I guess my ship denial/refusal does that to me.
                          Regardless of whether or not Daniel had "feelings", he most emphatically should NOT have been reaching out to try and touch her face. Maybe he meant it as a comforting gesture, but he has to think of the context of the situation. Leda has just admitted she cares for him and he's reaching out to stroke her cheek. Way to send the wrong kind of signals, Dannyboy.

Comment

I thought this episode was okay. I find myself trying to like to more then it really was. I had high hopes for this ep because I really like eps like this. Where SG1 arriving affect the worlds they go on in a massive scale. But this one fell short. Oh well.

Does anybody else think that if an ep like this were done in lets say, season 5 or 6 it would have probably been done better? I feel that once Daniel got back something really changed in the style of writing and stuff in the SG1 eps. Anyone else agree? It just feels different.
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                              I feel that once Daniel got back something really changed in the style of writing and stuff in the SG1 eps. Anyone else agree? It just feels different.
                              It does feel different. It probably should be different, given all that's happened. The question is, is it different in a good way? I'm not convinced that it is...

If the goodness of the first few eps of S8 were just a fluke and it's all downhill from here, I shall be disappointed. Again...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Regardless of whether or not Daniel had "feelings", he most emphatically should NOT have been reaching out to try and touch her face. Maybe he meant it as a comforting gesture, but he has to think of the context of the situation. Leda has just admitted she cares for him and he's reaching out to stroke her cheek. Way to send the wrong kind of signals, Dannyboy.
                                Exactly! The face touching scene was what made me say, "Excuse me, she's married! What are you doing?!"

IMHO, this "feeling" relationship was not needed but used to further the story. Questions I asked myself: Did Daniel use Leda's "feelings" for him to convince her to help him? Was Leda's "feelings" the only reason she talked to her husband about supporting Daniel? Was Jared's love for his wife the only reason he agreed to the revolt?

There was a more touching "goodbye" between Leda and Daniel than Leda and Jared. IMO, Daniel and Leda's relationship was inappropriate for a married woman.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X