No announcement yet.

Icon (805)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! This is officially the most boring episode I have ever seen. Previous was: None.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Not one of the greats, but I loved seeing Daniel without the glasses.
      sigpic

Comment

The flashbacks in this episode, tiny bits of "Zero Hour" and the very beginning of "It's Good to be King" are literally the only times in the entire season that we simply see SG-1 the three-person unit on missions...
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
          The flashbacks in this episode, tiny bits of "Zero Hour" and the very beginning of "It's Good to be King" are literally the only times in the entire season that we simply see SG-1 the three-person unit on missions...
          This is one of the reasons I find S8 to be the weakest season of SG1
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            This is one of the reasons I find S8 to be the weakest season of SG1
            I find the lack of team episodes quite annoying, but if I crunch the numbers, I find that S8 is my second favorite SG1 season.

It's probably due to the gems such as "Zero Hour", "Avatar", "Prometheus Unbound", "Citizen Joe" (laugh if you will), and "Threads".

I hated "Affinity" and "Sacrifices", though...
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
              I find the lack of team episodes quite annoying, but if I crunch the numbers, I find that S8 is my second favorite SG1 season.

It's probably due to the gems such as "Zero Hour", "Avatar", "Prometheus Unbound", "Citizen Joe" (laugh if you will), and "Threads".

I hated "Affinity" and "Sacrifices", though...
              Citizen Joe? Really? I find it one of SG1s worst.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I just rewatched this episode. I remember enjoying it quite a bit when I saw it the first time, but it did not hold up on this round through.

I enjoyed the idea of a religious cold war, but it wasn't carried out so well.

Comment

If SGC could only communicate with Daniel if the stargate on the planet was open, then how did his radio communication get through if the rebels weren't operating the stargate??

Comment

Um because the Stargate was active
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Now I remember that the rebels initiated an unscheduled incoming wormhole to visit the SGC.
                      But I don't remember that anyone was continually activating the address to or from the planet.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Um because the Stargate was active

Comment

Yes. Daniel wouldn't have been able to contact Earth unless the Stargate was active. He was basically broadcasting blind hoping to get lucky
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I remember this episode boring me silly when it was first aired, but upon this viewing I found myself quite enjoying it. Perhaps it's because I went in with low expectations. It reminded me slightly of season 6's 'Memento', but unlike that episode this one is very well cast. Ulimately, though, it's nothing groundbreaking.

RATING: 6 out of 10
                          Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 03 February 2012, 08:50 AM.
                          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The problem with this episode is that the plot has been done before (SG1 arrive on planet divided by some sort of philiosphical difference and spark confrontation).

I dont mind S8. The lack of team missions is dissapointing though. If the weak episodes were replaced with decent offworld team episodes then it would be a strong season.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

This was a crappy episode.

I've always considered the first half of season 8 to be complete crap (with the exception of New Order), it may be as crap as most of SG-1's 1st season. The Second half of this season would turn this first half on it's head (come on, Damian Kindler actually writing an awesome episode, it happened in the second half).

Tomorrow, Teal'c is trapped in a simulation.
                              sigpic

Comment

When I watched this on its first airing I was wondering why this episode was ever made, it seemed as if it was thrown in randomly as an idea someone had and then just thrown in as the fifth episode of season 8!

I took more notice of it when I was screen capping season 8 for the GW gallery, but still thought it was a bit of an 'odd one out' Stargate episode. However, with this re-watch I was a little surprised to find I actually enjoyed watching it! It was a well paced story and this time SG-1's appearance was the catalyst for the complete worldwide downfall of a civilisation. Daniel as always feels responsible, even though that world was on the brink of self annihilation anyway and pays the price by getting injured and caught up in the fallout.

It was interesting the way a lovely location was used as a peaceful haven, seeming to put the true devastation in other parts of the planet far out of mind. At least this time the SGC were seen to take decisive action to rectify the problems caused and helped restore the rightful government.

Oh that bad guy Soren, such a bad cliched villain, can't ever imagine that poor actor ever playing a good guy role, he looked so stereotyped!

Comment

Working...
                                X