No announcement yet.

Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well even Jack was prepared to admit that Vasselov had a 'slick resume' so he could have been looking for a new challenge and thought that Stargate travel wouldn't be anything he couldn't handle.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      The 'who shot me?' scene was priceless.
      Definitely my favourite part of the episode. So funny.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      My only quibble was with the doctor; I can see I'm not alone.
      Yeah, I miss Fraiser. The new doctor looked evil - I kept thinking she was Anubis!
      "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Most excellent episode.
        I loved the whole "who shot me?" scene, especially the bit where Carter does the eye flick and nod! LOL at that.
        I guessed that it was Anubis when the cloud entered the space station, and I didn't understand why The Russian officer did the "Hero" bit at the end, but apart from that I thought it was a great ep.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
          Most excellent episode.
          I loved the whole "who shot me?" scene, especially the bit where Carter does the eye flick and nod! LOL at that.
          I guessed that it was Anubis when the cloud entered the space station, and I didn't understand why The Russian officer did the "Hero" bit at the end, but apart from that I thought it was a great ep.
          I think he figured he was going to die anyway and he'd rather die on his feet than in a foreign hospital bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            I think he figured he was going to die anyway and he'd rather die on his feet than in a foreign hospital bed.
            Yep, I guess that's probably it.
            I must admit to thinking "Red Shirt" when he marched into Jacks office, so I wasn't surprised when he copped it.
            sigpic

Comment

i found some aspects of the plot predictable, but i still enjoyed it and some classic comedy scenes in it aswell, who shot me?
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

1. I'm a Jack O'Neill fan but even I recognised that he was being slightly arsey with Vasselov who seemed the best Russian character yet! OK...so SG1 would be out of reach for a variety of reasons but,,,
                I think I forgot to mention this aspect in my previous post on this one. But I really love this aspect of the episode. The fact that it was so obvious that Jack just didn't want anyone assigned to SG-1. Because that would be an acknowledgement that things had changed for him - that he was off the team officially. (For the most part). And so he was putting off that decision for as long as possible. Signified, I think, by his slightly embarrassed look when Daniel asked him if he had anyone else in mind for SG-1 then, if not the Russian. It was a very nice little character moment, I thought.

Now that I've watched this one a couple of times and it's 'settled in' in my head, I find that I do wish there was more reaction from the team to Sam's apparent death. There was a distinct 'been there, done that' feel to things, which was rather off kilter and odd. Maybe it was deliberate, I don't know. An acknowledgement that they have been there, done that, countless times, and that they're getting slightly blase about losing friends and then having them miraculously come back unscathed. I suppose that would be kind of human wouldn't it, if this was real life. OTOH, I don't really expect real life from my fantasy shows. It's not real life. Few military teams would have as much luck at survival as SG1 have. They'd probably all have been dead for real three seasons ago. So if it's a choice between realistic and honest emotion, I'll take the emotion every time, guys, if you're listening. It didn't have to be anyone breaking down in hysterical tears - but to just not have it mentioned at all, zero reaction was very, very weird. A couple of lines of dialogue would have done the trick.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Lockdown aired last night on Australian TV.
                  Spoiler:
                  I had already spoiled the Anubis stuff, but still thought it was pretty cool. It would be cool to have a fourth on SG-1 and a Russian or Tok'ra would be awesome. I liked how they locked down the base. Some of the scenes in this episode reminded me of Season One and Two... especially the fight in the gate room with Dr. Jackson, as well as at the end with Jack and the Russian officer. I liked how they split the base into three sections, but Sam managed to break through the different sections pretty fast. Good episode.

Comment

yeah and when the huge door closed that was also a scene I saw from season 1 or other seasons.That is just to fill it up and it is cheaper.It is a short scene you all saw
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Yeah, I think that's just a stock shot like the SGC Mountain shots.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                        Yeah, I think that's just a stock shot like the SGC Mountain shots.
                        yes.They shot all of those in 3 days I think.Both day and night i read or heared somewhere.Perhaps on a commentary.
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Yeah, that sounds familiar... I think they said Martin Wood or something was incharge of getting the stock shots shot.

Comment

Love this episode. Its the first time that I actually saw Anubis in an episode, the only other times that I saw him was in pictures, but he did look cool.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that in Legacy, Daniel's theory about what was happening (goa'uld who turned into energy, then invaded the mind) is exactly what's happening here?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                                ... I liked how they split the base into three sections, but Sam managed to break through the different sections pretty fast. Good episode. [/spoilers]
                                Yea, for me, it was a surprise but then it wasnt that she was able to get from section to section like that, yet there are times in which she is unable to override commands in the dialing computer.
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X