Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albion
    I think I forgot to mention this aspect in my previous post on this one. But I really love this aspect of the episode. The fact that it was so obvious that Jack just didn't want anyone assigned to SG-1. Because that would be an acknowledgement that things had changed for him - that he was off the team officially. (For the most part). And so he was putting off that decision for as long as possible. Signified, I think, by his slightly embarrassed look when Daniel asked him if he had anyone else in mind for SG-1 then, if not the Russian. It was a very nice little character moment, I thought.

Albion
    Good point Albion. I've just seen this for the first time on DVD (only watched it once so far!) but this scene really stood out. Jack didn't want to replace himself (especially not a Russian ), it was obvious. It's that whole "is being a General what I want to do?" element; & appointing someone else to SG1 would have made things really final & he's still struggling with it. I do like that, as I never thought he'd take well to being behind a desk, & seeing little humanisms like this is reasssuring that they're not changing Jack's personality with his promotion. I also thought it linked back really well to the beginning of season 6, when Jack didn't want a replacement for Daniel, but Hammond forced the issue of Jonas by threatening a Russain on the team; it was as if Jack was saying "Right, it's up to me now & I'll do what I want..."
    I found the 3 zone thing a bit difficult to follow, I'd need to watch that a couple of times to get it straight in my head - I understood the concept, but I couldn't work out the layout (I can't read maps very well either! )
    I also preferred Anubis in that form than in his "comedy hood" (IMO! I hated the hood).
    Nice Daniel-Vassellov scenes. It was like seeing the old Daniel, very open & friendly. He's often a bit darker these days & it's nice to see that side of him again.
    The "Who shot me?" scene was brilliant! Real vintage stuff, RDA & MS just play those scenes so well together. I love the team feel, Teal'c being impartial, Carter not wanting Daniel to think she'd done it, but really uncomfortable about dropping O'Neill in it, & O'Neill not wanting to 'fess up. Excellent
    I did think Dr Brightman was Anubis at one point, but I didn't mind her for the main part - I did keep thinking about Janet & how much better & more "connected" she was (I miss her )
    Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

the who shot me scene - classic Stargate Sg-1

Anubis has returned oh no didnt see that comeing

Comment

The end of the episode confused me I mean how did anubis survived being frozen?
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

he probably left the russian's body and then travelled through space to a nearby inhabited planet or he could have forced himself whilst inside the body to dial the gate and then finally leave the body.

Comment

There was no DHD on that planet.

Comment

This may have been covered elsewhere & i just missed it, so forgive me if this is a repeated question. What was the room Daniel was coming out of when SamAnubis shot him? I couldn't read the sign.

Comment

I am not possitive but it was some kind of electrical service room or something.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  This may have been covered elsewhere & i just missed it, so forgive me if this is a repeated question. What was the room Daniel was coming out of when SamAnubis shot him? I couldn't read the sign.
                  i think it was a room like that or it was a library thingy because he came out of their with a book but then again he always has a book

Comment

Wasn't it a chain link fence? they wouldn't put a library behind something like that. Nope I am almost 100% sure that it was a service room or some kind of generator room. Yes you are right Daniel does always have a book he was probably just monitoring some energy fluctuations. The only other possibility is that it was a room that holds artifacts found on a different planet and that is where they catalog them. However I have seen the room for artifacts before and It wasn't a chain link fenced room.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                      Wasn't it a chain link fence? they wouldn't put a library behind something like that. Nope I am almost 100% sure that it was a service room or some kind of generator room. Yes you are right Daniel does always have a book he was probably just monitoring some energy fluctuations. The only other possibility is that it was a room that holds artifacts found on a different planet and that is where they catalog them. However I have seen the room for artifacts before and It wasn't a chain link fenced room.
                      ok im going to watch it right now and see then i will post it

Comment

you cant see the room all you see is this

Comment

ops my bad it is a electrical room

Comment

10 points for jake-

I knew it was!
                            sigpic

Comment

well i have just noticed it well done

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
                                well i have just noticed it well done
                                Thank you however there is still the pending question of what was Daniel doing in a electrical/generator room?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X