Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    ...who is competend enough to judge? Who knows about the writers' intention? Perhaps the characters just came round the way they were meant to? Who knows?
    There's more than enough evidence in Stargate that the writers didn't have the first clue about female characters.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There's more than enough evidence opinions in Stargate that the writers didn't have the first clue about female characters.
      Fixed
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Fixed
        Strong female characters... not a clue.

Comment

What would a strong female character be like - Xena or Jean d'Arc (don't mind the spelling)?
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

What would a strong female character be like - Xena or Jean d'Arc (don't mind the spelling)?
            Not strong in the physical sense - well developed with plenty of good stories to give the actresses a chance to shine and kick butt (in whatever capacity that might be).

Comment

Not strong in the physical sense - well developed with plenty of good stories to give the actresses a chance to shine and kick butt (in whatever capacity that might be).
              LikePa'u Zotoh Zhaan from Farscape?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                LikePa'u Zotoh Zhaan from Farscape?
                Well now, that was quite the challenge. I'm sure one that Virginia Hey won't ever forget about.

Comment

Haven't seen Farscape so, please, try another example.

Thanks!
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

Then it's going to be hard giving an example if I don't know if you've seen the show/film or not.

Comment

Have a try - I've seen two or three.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Have a try - I've seen two or three.
                        Two or three?! That's rather limited...

Okay, let's see... a little more mainstream perhaps then... A character like Abby Sciuto from NCIS - well-rounded, developping throughout the series, ample time to grow into her own. An independant woman who can stand her own among the boys.

Comment

Two or three?! That's rather limited...

Okay, let's see... a little more mainstream perhaps then... A character like Abby Sciuto from NCIS - well-rounded, developping throughout the series, ample time to grow into her own. An independant woman who can stand her own among the boys.
                          I think you got the joke - Abby is very special and extreme, I wouldn't call her a strong female character because she is very vulnerable sometimes and needs acknowledgement again and again. Don't get me wrong, I like her!
                          'Strong' should be more independent. I'll come up with an example just need some time to think it over.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

...needs acknowledgement again and again...
                            Clearly, we are not watching the same NCIS.

Comment

Are you saying Carter hasn't had that?

I think they've done a damn fine with the character (not counting Chimera of course).

As far as I'm concerned Tapping is the star of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Not James Spader View Post
                                Are you saying Carter hasn't had that?
                                No, she doesn't. Certainly not in the first couple of seasons, after that I don't know but she doesn't really come into her own until the limelight is no longer on O'Neill.

I think they've done a damn fine with the character (not counting Chimera of course).
                                I agree to disagree.

As far as I'm concerned Tapping is the star of the show.
                                She never was - one the of the stars, yes, but never the star.

If we're talking Sanctuary, on the other hand, then yes definitely star of the show. Also, liked her a lot more as Helen than as Carter too.

Comment

Working...
                                X