No announcement yet.

Fallen (701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good episode, but DJ's loss of memory was kind of glossed over. The way I see it, it looked like the writers were going to make more of it, then changed their minds. They could have at least brought in somebody like Thor or Lya to help restore them, instead of the "Who are you?...I remember!" we got.
    sigpic

Comment

Just saw this again on Channel Four.

I noticed this:

When Daniel and Jonas leg it at the end. Jonas hepls Danny get in to that shaft. He then Zats a Jaffa coming around the corner. At this point Daniel closes the hatch and legs it before Jonas has even been Zatted.

Thtas right everyone the great Daniel Jackson basically abandoned Jonas and left him in the clutches on Anubis!
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        Just saw this again on Channel Four.

I noticed this:

When Daniel and Jonas leg it at the end. Jonas hepls Danny get in to that shaft. He then Zats a Jaffa coming around the corner. At this point Daniel closes the hatch and legs it before Jonas has even been Zatted.

Thtas right everyone the great Daniel Jackson basically abandoned Jonas and left him in the clutches on Anubis!

Yep, I watched it again today too. Poor Jonas just being left for the likes of Anubis. Talk about loyal. Closing the hatch is a bit nasty I think, even for Daniel.
        __

__

Comment

Would it have helped Jonas any if Daniel had waited for him? The Jaffa knew that Jonas was there, so there was no way Jonas could be helped by Daniel holding the door for him; and if Daniel had been seen there would have been parties of Jaffa looking for him instantly, after which there's not much likelihood he could have *rescued* Jonas like he did. Much better for Jonas that Daniel remains at large and rescues him later, surely?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Would it have helped Jonas any if Daniel had waited for him? The Jaffa knew that Jonas was there, so there was no way Jonas could be helped by Daniel holding the door for him; and if Daniel had been seen there would have been parties of Jaffa looking for him instantly, after which there's not much likelihood he could have *rescued* Jonas like he did. Much better for Jonas that Daniel remains at large and rescues him later, surely?
            Oh come on. He's taken on more Jaffa than that! All eh needed to do was zat them as they came round the corner! Then escape through the jeffiry tubes before reinforcements arrived.

I wouldn't mind so much if Dnany had left after Jonas had been zatted but going before just seems so out of character for him...
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

When Jonas zatted one of the Jeffa, he turned around for a few seconds and got zatted by a Jeffa. An unwise more for sure, keeping his guard down. Then he realised that he got shot. He could have kept much longer guard than he did.
              __

__

Comment

Jonas turned around cos he was about to jump into the shaft. But then Daanny closed it on him and he got zatted.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

Jonas turned around cos he was about to jump into the shaft. But then Daanny closed it on him and he got zatted.

True, but Jonas had about four seconds to react before the jeffa shot him, it gave him plenty opportunity to save himself from Anubis's force.
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    True, but Jonas had about four seconds to react before the jeffa shot him, it gave him plenty opportunity to save himself from Anubis's force.
                    4 seconds and a plenty of time? I dont think it was much i that situation
                    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                      4 seconds and a plenty of time? I dont think it was much i that situation

They seem to have done it a number of times before. Espically Teal'c and Jack.
                      __

__

Comment

Tealc and Jack?? Arent they just a little bit more skilled and experienced in the military stuff then the newbie Jonas?

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                          Tealc and Jack?? Arent they just a little bit more skilled and experienced in the military stuff then the newbie Jonas?

Even so, Jonas soon played catch-up in episodes. And he's meant to be more advanced than humans so his response should be even quicker.
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Even so, Jonas soon played catch-up in episodes. And he's meant to be more advanced than humans so his response should be even quicker.
                            Well more advaced doesnt mean more skilled or experienced

Comment

Oh come on. He's taken on more Jaffa than that! All eh needed to do was zat them as they came round the corner! Then escape through the jeffiry tubes before reinforcements arrived.

I wouldn't mind so much if Dnany had left after Jonas had been zatted but going before just seems so out of character for him...
                              The last time Daniel was on a Goa'uld ship under fire from Jaffa he held the rear and was prepared to die keeping them back, because keeping them back was going to give Jack & co a chance to complete The Mission. This time he probably judged that The Mission would be better completed if he could remain undetected - after all, who'd have done it if they were *both* captured?. If he'd shot all the Jaffa there would have been a pile of prone Jaffa to alert Anubis to the presence of someone aboard. There was only one way for anyone to remain free *and not being actively hunted* and that was for Daniel to leg it. It makes more sense than the alternative.

I'm not sure anyone ought to be on SG-1 if they can't grasp that tactically it may be better to rescue a comerade later than to get shot or captured failing to save him now. I'd have thought less of Daniel as a soldier (and he is required to behave as a soldier at these times) if he'd been wet enough to get into a fight he couldn't win just because of, what, guilt at not being the one who was caught? Worry that Jonas wouldn't like him if he did the sensible thing?

Madeleine

Comment

The last time Daniel was on a Goa'uld ship under fire from Jaffa he held the rear and was prepared to die keeping them back, because keeping them back was going to give Jack & co a chance to complete The Mission. This time he probably judged that The Mission would be better completed if he could remain undetected
                                The mission was already done.

- after all, who'd have done it if they were *both* captured?. If he'd shot all the Jaffa there would have been a pile of prone Jaffa to alert Anubis to the presence of someone aboard.
                                what does three zat shots do again?

There was only one way for anyone to remain free *and not being actively hunted* and that was for Daniel to leg it. It makes more sense than the alternative.
                                What than helping ones friend?
                                What ahppened to the guy would scarifice himself to save someone he didn't know? What hes allowed to leave peoople he knows?
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X