No announcement yet.

Full Circle (622)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved seeing Daniel again and finally finding out what Anubis is.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, here's what I don't get about this episode:

Anubus was ascended being effecting people on a lower plane of existance. If even talking to "Lowers" is a big violation how is destroying an entire planet not?

The way I see it Daniel was just doing his duty as an ascended being by stopping him from taking an action that affects beings on the lower planes. Why stop Daniel? It was one Ascended vs another. What's the difference in Daniel attacking Anubus and Oma attacking Anubus? They didn't stop Oma (Threads). I don't get it.
      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post

Anubus was ascended being effecting people on a lower plane of existance. If even talking to "Lowers" is a big violation how is destroying an entire planet not?

The way I see it Daniel was just doing his duty as an ascended being by stopping him from taking an action that affects beings on the lower planes. Why stop Daniel? It was one Ascended vs another. What's the difference in Daniel attacking Anubus and Oma attacking Anubus? They didn't stop Oma (Threads). I don't get it.
        I understood Anubis to be 'half' ascended...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

This episode is still one of my all time favorite episodes and its a top ten favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post

Referring to that later episode..
            Spoiler:

Apparently Anubis was allowed to run free as a punishment to Oma. At least that's how I understood it. Oma was forced to watch Anubis running around as the destructive evil he was. That's why she just kept helping others ascend after Anubis. The other Ancients probably could have stop Anubis but they choose not to.

And the "others" decided not to interfere when Oma decided to kept Anubis away for good. IMO, Daniel may have convinced them that its time Anubis be stopped, that Oma's punishment was enough

I think it was Oma who stopped Daniel herself. She was there watching the entire incident unfold.

Comment

For the Anubis story see the episode entitled 'Threads.'

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                Referring to that later episode..
                Spoiler:

Apparently Anubis was allowed to run free as a punishment to Oma. At least that's how I understood it. Oma was forced to watch Anubis running around as the destructive evil he was. That's why she just kept helping others ascend after Anubis. The other Ancients probably could have stop Anubis but they choose not to.

And the "others" decided not to interfere when Oma decided to kept Anubis away for good. IMO, Daniel may have convinced them that its time Anubis be stopped, that Oma's punishment was enough

I think it was Oma who stopped Daniel herself. She was there watching the entire incident unfold.
                Yeah, that is what I understand about this episode.
                But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

This episode is one that annoys and delights me. Yay we get to see Skaara and he is doing well. The awesome "hard core" villain comes along, and that was also kind of awesome. Then Daniel was all like "Leave my city alone" , which I also loved. And seeing that Skaara still had his warrior spirit was great to see, considering that Jack wouldn't let him help in Pretence... but I digress... Then Skaara dies, which was a low point, however he is ascended, which gives fans of the character hope that he can return one day. The end of the episode where we see that the whole planet was ascended tries to make up for the fact that it got destroyed, but it just left me a little disappointed...

Comment

Originally posted by GateGhost View Post
                    Yeah, that is what I understand about this episode.
                    Which makes me wonder.. WHY oma stopped him.

Comment

I wonder why Oma stopped him myself - it was the only chance to finally get rid of him.

Oma basically's just handed Anubis to be more a threat then ever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Because Daniel was interfering with the lower planes, which is a big no no when you're ascended. She basically stopped him from breaking the rules.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

If Oma hadn't stopped him, the others would have. They wouldn't have been as kind.

Comment

Not sure where I watched this first time round...

1. There was a reasonable amount of hype going into this ep, we were expecting a big Daniel vs Anubis rumble. What we got was...

2. Hammond effectively saying "Daniel's helping you guys?" Good enough.

3. Is it me or would those flame torches have been brighter than Jack's gun light.

4. The return of Herak and confirmation if it was needed that "The Other Guys" was not a dream.

5. First word of "The Lost City". Presumably TPTB were starting to get ideas about Atlantis at this time.

6. Would Daniel have kicked Anubis's butt? Probably.

7. Seeya around, Abydos, certainly an interesting way to end the season.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This was the greatest episode of SG-1 and the franchise as a whole. And the origins of my name.

We returned to Abydos, the place where it all began.

And once again Shanks is credited as a "Special Guest Appearance," I think it's kind of cheap, he should be credited as a "Special Guest Star."

Jack was just golden in this one. The elevator scene and the whole thing with Herak in the Pyramid.

The action was just amazing in this finale, it felt like they went over the top. Not even Reckoning can match the action in this one. I think it might be because of the sequence of the pyramid blowing up, that was seriously sick.

Other notes from the episode:
                              • It was great to see Skaara for one last time.
                              • Joel's music composition for the episode is, as usual, just amazing. (I want my Original Soundtrack, damn it)
                              • So Anubis is Half human-half ascended, and he figured out how to ascend
                              • Herak expression (and looking at the other guy) during Skaara's ascension was really interesting
                              • I can't believe Anubis admitted he didn't pull Daniel, someone else did (probably Oma)
                              • That was a sweet ending to the episode, might be better than the one for Thread/Moebius

Darren/David you really need to reorder the Screencap gallery (for this episode only), some caps (one at a time) are out of order, and kind of messed with me during this review

Tomorrow, the beginning of the next segment of our journey through SG-1, Season 7. Daniel got descended, what?
                              sigpic

Comment

A great season ender, going back to where it all began and closing what I call the 'Egyptian' chapter of Stargate begun in the movie. Things move into 'Ancient' chapter with the race to find Ancient technology to fight Anubis and then the 'Ancient' powered Ori.

Finally found out where my Ancient Egyptian statue prop I bought in the Stargate Liquidation Sale at the studio last year made an appearance on the show. He turns up on the table in Ra's secret chamber holding a string of pearls. I was beginning to believe that he was never used and then there he was!

My favourite Herak and Jack moment, including this great exchange! Makes me chuckle every time.

HERAK: I am Herak.
                                O'NEILL: Congratulations. Failing upwards I see.

Whilst it's sad to see the destruction of Abydos, it was good to know that Oma took care of the people so allowing Daniel to keep his promise that they'd be alright. Wonder if they'll live playing football (soccer) eternally in their tent village, and even if they know that they've been 'ascended.' I suppose something like this is more accepted by them as a sort of afterlife, more than the skeptical Tau'ri would, by questioning everything!

Comment

Working...
                                X