X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tivo'd it not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
      Oh yeah, did anyone notice whether the Memento stargate had 9 chevrons? It looked like it did, but i'm not sure.
      All Stargates have 9 Chevrons two of them are rarley seen as they are normally in the ground.

See GateWorlds Omnipedia Arictle Here

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        All Stargates have 9 Chevrons two of them are rarley seen as they are normally in the ground.

See GateWorlds Omnipedia Arictle Here
        yes all gates have nine chevrons, duh im supprised people think they dont, watch episodes such as prisoners the 5th commandmant and you will see the gates in all their glory without being stuck in the ground.

earths SG is the same as all the other gates, there isnt anything special about the earth gate with slight exceptions being the powersource jack used to dial the asgard in season 2, all gates can do that, the only gate that has superiority over others is the atlantis gate, this is only because the ancients made that gate the only known gate to be able to dial the milky way, for reasons that make sense as far as the wraith are concerned.
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I enjoyed this episode but something irks me. I have this feeling that, as I've only seen some of season 7 and none further, we are never going to see these people again. The way events unfolded it seems logical we would try to make an alliance or at the very least get some tech or something. When I think of the episode this way, it really feels like a filler episode and it seems to me that the writers were just kind of stuck trying to find a direction and threw this in there to fill the gap. Normally a filler ep wouldn't be bad, stand alone eps are great when done right as this one was. But it being a good filler ep is what kills it for me because it becomes one of those "What ever happened to those guys?" episodes in my mind like the Nick Ballard/Crystal Skull ep. Entertaining and well written episode but I can't help but feel it went to waste.

Btw, one thing I really enjoyed about this ep was the bickering between two prick characters on opposite sides, the commander of the Promethius and that military guy from the other planet that got arrested at the end. Rarely do any shows have that.
          "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Did anybody else notice that one of the tables is almost the same as the one in atlantis?
            (in spoiler tags because i can't make them smaller)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Nope didnt notice that.
              sigpic

Comment

I just watched 'Momento' from season 6 and it has one of my favorite scenes in it that is totally Stargate - it is the raising of the gate with the sun shining through it. Strangely it reminds me of the barn raising in the movie 'Witness' also a favorite of mine.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I have liked this episode. It reminded me good old Star Trek : TNG days. First contact with a less developed civilization from space , distrust by each sides etc. Great stuff.

Comment

Col Ronsen's rank is upside down on his flightsuit. I'm watching SG-1 season 1-10 for the first time and hope they get that small but important (to this Air Force Lt Col) item corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      I just watched 'Momento' from season 6 and it has one of my favorite scenes in it that is totally Stargate - it is the raising of the gate with the sun shining through it. Strangely it reminds me of the barn raising in the movie 'Witness' also a favorite of mine.
                      That's exactly what I thought, too. Even the music.

Comment

Originally posted by kcouncil View Post
                        Col Ronsen's rank is upside down on his flightsuit. I'm watching SG-1 season 1-10 for the first time and hope they get that small but important (to this Air Force Lt Col) item corrected.
                        THANK YOU! I thought I was seeing things!!

BTW...The visuals on this episode were fantastic and I REALLY liked the lighting of the interior of the windowed rooms on Prometheus...very realistic!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I always liked this episode (on now on SciFi). It just seems so 'real': being stranded in an unknown place in the galaxy, trusting new acquaintances (or not), searching for and digging up the buried Stargate. I really like the scene when it's brought out of the ground. I know it's a bit cliche and melodramatic, but pulling it up with the sun slanting through it... it's just cool.

Also realistic how SG-1 comes face to face with someone just like Jack: cynical and suspicious, and quick to try a military solution.

Comment

seems like everytime something goes wrong with earth space crafts, it's because of the "instability of naquadria". this is getting to be like "reversing the polarity" thing.

what i like about this episode is the prometheus. and jack being diplomatic. this is not the first time this season that i noticed that he had sort of been channelling daniel. am i the only noticing the change in jack's attitude this season?

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                              I always liked this episode (on now on SciFi). It just seems so 'real': being stranded in an unknown place in the galaxy, trusting new acquaintances (or not), searching for and digging up the buried Stargate. I really like the scene when it's brought out of the ground. I know it's a bit cliche and melodramatic, but pulling it up with the sun slanting through it... it's just cool.
                              yup. that scene was really cool. best scene in the ep. imho.

Comment

fantastic episode, i don't think these people are mentioned again are they?

Comment

Working...
                                X