Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis
    For some reason? I like it since Nirriti was back
    I actually fell asleep during this episode... and I never fall asleep during SG-1.

Comment

I like the comment about Jonas' evolution.

I know I'm going to be pelted for this... since it seems that this thread is a Nirriti lovefest... I'm not a big fan of Nirriti.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
        I know I'm going to be pelted for this... since it seems that this thread is a Nirriti lovefest... I'm not a big fan of Nirriti.
        You'e not the only one, Selmak. I don't care for Nirrit either. I'm for the good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          You'e not the only one, Selmak. I don't care for Nirrit either. I'm for the good guys.
          Good guys are boring.

Or, rather, cheering on only the good guys is boring. I was mildly curious about Nirrti's obsession with genetics as opposed to empire-building, but I never found her very interesting until this ep and that's almost certainly because of her interest in Jonas and what she discovered about his genes.

I wish we'd learned more about that. I wish the writers weren't so determined to scrub all trace of Jonas from their plotlines and to ignore this huge honkin' potential they've built up. *sigh* It could have been really interesting to see exactly what made Jonas different...

Comment

I believe that Nirrti want a superior human host for herself. When she had that she was going to make her move but Anubis beat her to it.

Comment

I've always thought Nirriti wanted to find the perfect super human of some sort so she could blend with him/her.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I have a tiny question: Did I hear Walter call Sam "Sir" at the beginning of the episode? She says "Page General Hammond and Colonel O´Neill to the Gate Room." and he replies with "Yes, Sir".

What's up with that? Am I hearing things? Was it a slip-up that was left in, or..?
                Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                  I have a tiny question: Did I hear Walter call Sam "Sir" at the beginning of the episode? She says "Page General Hammond and Colonel O´Neill to the Gate Room." and he replies with "Yes, Sir".

What's up with that? Am I hearing things? Was it a slip-up that was left in, or..?

I'm not sure if this happened, but if it did, I believe that whatever gender you are, you are referred to as sir. I believe the same goes with the Navy too.
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    I believe that whatever gender you are, you are referred to as sir. I believe the same goes with the Navy too.
                    I thought about that, but I'm fairly certain Sam´s been called Ma'am prior to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                      I thought about that, but I'm fairly certain Sam´s been called Ma'am prior to this.

I really don't think it matters to who's been spoken to, as long as they don't get insulted, then they won't babble on complaining.
                      __

__

Comment

For me, this was a very good, if slightly "icky", episode.
                        I would have liked to see a better ending to Nirti, it seemed a little lame to me, but otherwise a good ep.
                        Imagine how powerful she would have been, if her "super host" plan had succeeded. A Goa'uld capable of reading minds and killing with just a thought. Now that would be a "baddie".
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

yes this did happen but it dosen't matter wither they call her Sir of Ma'am as long as they acknowlegde that she is supperior in rank to them

poor walter thats all he ever gets to say

i must admit i did like this episode i could tell the produces and writter where pretty passionate about it

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                            yes this did happen but it dosen't matter wither they call her Sir of Ma'am as long as they acknowlegde that she is supperior in rank to them
                            Okay, I buy that. But it still strikes me as somewhat odd that he would refer to her as "Sir", especially since she's been called "Ma'am" before. My point is, I wouldn't find it odd if she was constantly referred to as "Sir".

It's no big deal, sometimes my curious mode just ambushes me and I can't get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                              Okay, I buy that. But it still strikes me as somewhat odd that he would refer to her as "Sir", especially since she's been called "Ma'am" before. My point is, I wouldn't find it odd if she was constantly referred to as "Sir".

It's no big deal, sometimes my curious mode just ambushes me and I can't get away.
                              I have a feeling that she's even been hailed with a "Yessir, Ma'am", which is also a permissable form of address.
                              sigpic

Comment

Another Goa'uld bites the dust! a pity too cause Nirtii was a cool villain.

Great story, but why didnt the mind reading dude read anyone elses mind? like Carter or Jonas?
                                Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Working...
                                X