Metamorphosis (616)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LiveJournal post

I read through this thread, and what's with the Nirrti love fest??
    (Glad it's ended with this page though!)
    I think she's an awful person, considering the things she does...

I also saw that some people were grossed out by the liquification of the first guy from the planet and the Russian. Hey, you should see some of the gory cr*p my sister watches!!
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Jack's anti-Russian tendencies seem highly hypocritical but at the same time I'm not surprised given his time on Black Ops. I like seeing the Russian team. I wish it was something that was explored. Redemption established that their would be a Russian team at the SGC but we rarely see said Russian team. I like this episode to show the Russian team interaction. This episode is also one that grosses me out at the genetic muntants are really gross looking in good way. This episode has a love hate for me. I love the exploring and establishing of Jonas being more genetically advanced because of living of Kelowana but I hate and am sad it was never explored because he was dropped in favor of bringing back Daniel. It also seems a cop out to destroy the machine when some good stories could have come from. But it was interesting to see how Nirriti died. I wasn't expecting a neck snap. Quite different in how the System Lords are killed
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        But it was interesting to see how Nirriti died. I wasn't expecting a neck snap. Quite different in how the System Lords are killed
        I think they're often pretty creative when killing System Lords or other important Goa'uld.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Just an okay ep. Nothing special.

Nirrti's death was cool at least.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a question about the opening credits of this episode. I noticed it the first time through years ago when I watched the eps straight through, and now I noticed again...starting on this episode in the opening credits the scene for RDA's clips have him shooting a gun from 'Paradise Lost' rather then zooming on the Sarcophagus when he was being resurrected after one of the many times that Ba'al tortured him to death episodes earlier. I know its a minor 2 second difference...but any idea why they changed it mid-season for that small little sequence? Do you think that RDA didn't like that shot of himself and wanted something that showed more action? I just thought it was intriguing. I like details.

Loved Jonas in this episode!
            "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Silversi View Post
              I have a question about the opening credits of this episode. I noticed it the first time through years ago when I watched the eps straight through, and now I noticed again...starting on this episode in the opening credits the scene for RDA's clips have him shooting a gun from 'Paradise Lost' rather then zooming on the Sarcophagus when he was being resurrected after one of the many times that Ba'al tortured him to death episodes earlier. I know its a minor 2 second difference...but any idea why they changed it mid-season for that small little sequence?
              According to one of the commentaries, RDA didn't like the shot, so it was changed out.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                The horrible disintegrating of bodies into water was well done for the TV budget. Clearly inspired by the fate that befell that senator in the X-Men II movie when he was genetically altered into a mutant. I remember that effect in the Kevn Bacon movie 'Hollow Man' as well.
                Unlikely, since "Metamorphosis" was aired about the same time as X-Men II.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  According to one of the commentaries, RDA didn't like the shot, so it was changed out.

Seaboe
                  Really? That was a full on guess on my part, without even watching the commentaries yet! LoL, I feel kind of proud of myself. Ha, I'm weird that way.
                  "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

I was re-watching the episode metamorphosis when i noticed in the beginning walter says "yes,sir" to carter. just wondering if that was a slip up or done on purpose hehe.

Comment

Nope.. Common mil parlance is to refer to ANYONE of officer rank as sir. Some women do prefer it from my navy days..

Comment

My favorite Nirrti episode, and that's where she earned my "Dirrti Nirrti" nickname. Her dress kicks butt, and I wonder how Jonas could resist so well. He should have at least kissed her, I mean ... I bet she wouldn't have minded. Enjoy the moment, right? He could still kill her afterwards. *lol*

Comment

Cool ep. Nice to see the Russians again

Comment

Really liked this episode. The one thing I didn't understand was Nirrti's hands, it looked liked they were burnt but nothing was ever said about it. Or was actress in a fire or something and that is how her hands look naturally. Either way she is very attractive.

I love the mutant makeup in this. The third eye was very creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                              Really liked this episode. The one thing I didn't understand was Nirrti's hands, it looked liked they were burnt but nothing was ever said about it. Or was actress in a fire or something and that is how her hands look naturally. Either way she is very attractive.

I love the mutant makeup in this. The third eye was very creepy.
                              It's been ages since I've last seen this episode but didn't Nirrti have mehndi decorations (henna tattoos) on her hands? Fits with her whole Hindu appearance.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It very well might have been tattoos.

Comment

Working...
                                X