Metamorphosis (616)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yu`
    Another Goa'uld bites the dust! a pity too cause Nirtii was a cool villain.

Great story, but why didnt the mind reading dude read anyone elses mind? like Carter or Jonas?
    I don't believe he could read Jonas' mind. When they came to get Jonas, he start something before the one who could stop montion stopped him from attacking the one who could read minds because he saw Jonas to start to throw a punch at him. Then when Nirriti looked at the one who could read minds, he only shook his head that he couldn't read his.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      I don't believe he could read Jonas' mind. When they came to get Jonas, he start something before the one who could stop montion stopped him from attacking the one who could read minds because he saw Jonas to start to throw a punch at him. Then when Nirriti looked at the one who could read minds, he only shook his head that he couldn't read his.

Sounds like a good theory, but why not read Carters mind? or Teal'c?
      Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

I thought this episode was ok, but not one of my favourites and I agree with those that say the Nirrti storyline was resolved too quickly.

Also, I didn't like the way they didn't even have Jonas playing along with Nirrti for a while when she tried to seduce him. I thought that he would as a means of helping the others. Nor did I like the way they killed off the Russian soldier as again it all seemed a little too neat to me.

Oh and as for Alabran (sp?) all I could think of whenever I heard his name was the cereal All Bran that we've got here

Comment

I can't help feeling kinda sorry for Nirrti; I mean she looked so helpless while she was dying. Plus she was a cool villain .

And I agree with you guys, the Nirrti-storyline could surely have developed into much more. Maybe a showdown with Cassie would have been cool

But Metamorphisis is a cool, but disturbing episode. The guy exploding into water at the beginning was unusally graphic for Stargate, but I liked that Jack was prepared to put the guy out of his misery. Plus the ep kinda relates to the real world, and questions whether fiddling around with DNA is really ethically correct. Overall good stuff.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

This was a good episode. I think the hand gestures for telekinesis they kinda overdid to copy Star Wars. If you can move things with the power of your mind, why do you need to move your hands?

Comment

I was very surprised to know that Jonas was more “evolved” thank the rest of the SG-1. If that is true why his planet was less advanced than ours?

Another thing I don’t understand is why does Nirti need to have Jonas as “king” type of thing “we will rule together the Galaxy”…I thought she is experimenting to get a better host for herself. So it makes sense she wanted to use Jonas’ body for that purpose. But why would she want to “ask” him anything? She is supposed to do it by force. Why all that flirting? She doesn’t need a male anyway to reproduce (Cure? )

Comment

Originally posted by Galesa72
                I was very surprised to know that Jonas was more “evolved” thank the rest of the SG-1. If that is true why his planet was less advanced than ours?

Another thing I don’t understand is why does Nirti need to have Jonas as “king” type of thing “we will rule together the Galaxy”…I thought she is experimenting to get a better host for herself. So it makes sense she wanted to use Jonas’ body for that purpose. But why would she want to “ask” him anything? She is supposed to do it by force. Why all that flirting? She doesn’t need a male anyway to reproduce (Cure? )
                I think that she wanted him to be her next host.

About reproduce, maybe she wasn't a QUEEN goa'uld. Just another regular snake. Symbyotes have no gender. The goa'uld could of just assumed the form of a female because of the host.

But I do like that last thought. That would be a great story, if she created a child between them or even a clone kind of mixing the genes. It only take a cell (I think) to do that. Imaging what could of been created.
                Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                The Strongest Will Survive!
                I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Can I just say that an angry Jonas is a hot looking Jonas. Then again, Jonas looks hot no matter what. I thinkk Jack was impressed with Jonas when Jonas took a swing at one of them when they were taking him to Nirrti. Nirrti definitely saw something in Jonas's DNA that intrigued her. This episode is one of the ones that makes me wonder if Jonas has Ancient DNA. I'm glad they were able to undo what was done to Sam and Jonas but I feel bad for the Russian colonel dying because I actually kind of liked him.

Comment

This was a good episode. I think the hand gestures for telekinesis they kinda overdid to copy Star Wars as we all know thats what they do best on Stargate!

Comment

Hi! This is my first post. I just watched this episode and I think it was pretty good! My favorite character in SG-1 is Major Carter (of course ) and in this episode Carter is just so good!

Sorry for my bad English... I'm drunk and I'm from Finland.
                      Last edited by PaddySuuHuu; 24 September 2005, 04:15 PM.
                      If I cancel tomorrow the undead will thank me today
                      Fly in the face of the prophets I mock your morality plays
                      The moon is red and bleeding
                      The sun is burned and black
                      The book of life is silent
                      No turning back

Comment

This was a good Jonas episode as it showed us how he is more evolved than us and also a good end to Nirrti.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Yeah good ending for Nirrti but a slightly below okay eppy...i dont know whenever i think of this eppy i just think "blah"

Comment

Didn't like this episode much. The alien people were ugly to look at despite the reasoning behind their appearance. The one guy had an eye near the back of his head.... -_- And why did they not bring TERs? They know shes invisible, they have mentioned it several times before. They sweep the base when something is wrong because they suspect it might be Nirrti but when they actually go to kill her they don't bring them? Makes little sense to me. Also, I really hate endings like this one where some local goes from no knowledge to a deus ex machina position wham bam and we're done in 3 minutes. It felt kinda lame to me. But anyway, thats one more goa'uld down.
                            "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

I really liked this episode. I just wish that they wouldn't have killed off Nirrti, she was my favorite.

Comment

bye bye Mrs Mengele/Dr Moreau Nirtii.

Comment

Working...
                                X