Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragitsu
    replied
    Is everyone cool with the United States military spying on a US citizen?

Leave a comment:

• Manche
    replied
    A great explanation. I was personally thinking that they could try to call their bluff, but as you pointed up risks were too big for this (and I did not realize it).
    Last edited by Manche; 11 August 2020, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Xaeden
    replied
    Originally posted by Manche View Post
    There is one more thing which I never realized but it is quite strange and illogical. Kidnappers threaten that they will let explode the generator of hyperdrive which would be strong enough for destroying whole Nevada. It is a serious threat, but I am supposed to believe that all of them would be willing to die in this explosion if the conditions were not fullfilled? Or did I miss something?
    They seemed fairly convinced that their demands were going to be met. Twice Jonas confronted one of them and both times they indicated a belief that there was nothing to worry about because their plan would succeed:
    JONAS
    With enough force to turn the entire state of Nevada into a smoking crater, yes.

SMITH
    That's right, but I wouldn't worry about it. As long as our demands are met, it won't come to that.

JONAS
    Hey, you know there's only two ways off of this ship, don't you? Handcuffs or a body bag.

SANDERSON
    Who says we want to get off?

I don't think they had any expectation that their demands wouldn't be met. The government had no way of knowing whether they were crazy enough (or Goa'uld controlled in some way) to actually follow through with their threat, and what they were threatening was sufficiently big enough that calling their bluff wasn't really an option.

Leave a comment:

• Manche
    replied
    There is one more thing which I never realized but it is quite strange and illogical. Kidnappers threaten that they will let explode the generator of hyperdrive which would be strong enough for destroying whole Nevada. It is a serious threat, but I am supposed to believe that all of them would be willing to die in this explosion if the conditions were not fullfilled? Or did I miss something?

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Manche View Post
    I am the only one who finds snaking of Simmons completely pointless? He was the enemy of SG-1 without any snake in his head, it did not add anything to his attack to Jack and Teal'c, so what is the point of the Goaul'd surviving a minute longer? To show how hard is kill these snakes? I can not think a different reason.
    Probably... or to give Jack and Teal'c their hero-moment perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Manche
    replied
    I am the only one who finds snaking of Simmons completely pointless? He was the enemy of SG-1 without any snake in his head, it did not add anything to his attack to Jack and Teal'c, so what is the point of the Goaul'd surviving a minute longer? To show how hard is kill these snakes? I can not think a different reason.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Simmons airlocked... like thrown out the window... of a sorts.

Leave a comment:

• AmFor
    replied
    Ok episode but I am looking forward more to the next one. Finally Simmons and that Goa'uld (I forgot the name) are dead. What didn't catch me so much was fight with Simmons. Teal'c was somehow so weak and then that Airlock thing- cheesy and predictable. Plus I am not sure if Jack would be so strong to hold himself and plus Teal'c when the door to Space is open.
    Great cliffhanger.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    6:37

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    That's it, the end of the world is near...

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    I agree completely.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    If you want to open that can of worms, none of the Stargate spaceships are aerodynamic

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    How bizarre--I agree with Jelgate more than Falcon Horus. That said, I think the Prometheus is ugly and totally un-aerodynamic. I have a hard time believing engineers born on earth would design a spaceship that handles in the atmosphere without making it aerodynamic (ask me what I think of the F-302 if you want a real rant).

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    The good times are over it seems. I sense this is where me and FH will diverge. I for one like this episode. Unlike most people, I actually like NID episodes. I do question how the camera crew was able to sneak on the Prometheus and those guards on. That said I like the Die Hard feel of Sam sneaking around is hilarious and I kind of liked the reporter even if she was trying to expose the SGC. Plus I liked seeing Simmons final meeting his end. I call this a good with 6 minute 41 seconds

Leave a comment:

• hedwig
    replied
    10:37

Leave a comment:

Working...
X