• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    ... and I destroyed it with a 8;15
    Wasn't expecting anything less.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Aw, 3 seconds slower than Jelgate -- clocked in at 8:18.

Comment

Have a question. I don't know if it has been asked before so please be patient with me.

If the Goa'uld/Tok'ra are asexual, why can't one of the Tok'ra who is "old" enough or mature enough, as the case may be, become a queen like Egeria and spawn more Tok'ra?

It would stem their negative population problem and add more to the resistance. I understand finding willing hosts is a problem, but not as much of one with planets like earth providing soldiers and the like who are no longer in active service for whatever reason like Jacob. The symbiote could heal almost all damage like cancers, which is physical, and probably aid with curing mental disorders like PTSS. I can think of no better "Doctor" or "Phsycologist" better than one who is actually in your head and healing you from the inside.

Also side question. How much damage can they heal? I get that they don't heal aging on their own without things like a sarcophagus. But what about missing limbs? Just curious.

Comment

I've always believed that Queen goa'uld are more like queen bees than anything else. In other words, queens are born, not made.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I've always wondered about the difference in queens that give birth. Since in Hathor, Hathor gave birth to many little ones, and the queen in cure did, too. How is there a difference in appearance between Hathor in human form doing this, and the queen in "Cure" looking like an enormous slug doing same?

Comment

Goa'uld reproduction is like Wraith reproduction --> EW!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                Another thing someone mentioned, I don't think the queen found in "the first ones" it can't be Cleopatra because the goauld on that planet used Unas as hosts and that queen never made it to Earth, obviously since she was dead on the planet with the Unas. so the Goa'uld Cleopatra would have had to come to Earth.
                The queen found in "The First Ones" wasn't the Egyptian Cleopatra, who was a human queen not a god so would not be used by a Goa'uld as an identity, but a nickname used by Rothman to identify her easier than the number that Daniel assigns her.

Comment

I always compared them to frogs actually. Bees all work toward a common goal until a new queen is available and the hive splits, whereas each Goa'uld becomes a rival almost as soon as it is born and begins seeking power of it's own. Certain species of amphibians are also able to switch from male to female in single gender enviroments as well.

*ribbet ribbet*

Comment

Originally posted by WriterChick View Post
                    I always compared them to frogs actually. Bees all work toward a common goal until a new queen is available and the hive splits, whereas each Goa'uld becomes a rival almost as soon as it is born and begins seeking power of it's own. Certain species of amphibians are also able to switch from male to female in single gender enviroments as well.

*ribbet ribbet*
                    Interesting theory.

Comment

Very interesting idea with Mother Tokra. In one moment I thought that Zenna was played by same actress like young Linea, but it was just for a second. similar hairstyle
                      It was a really good episode for me and Malek could smile sometimes. He is so serious.

Comment

Maybe Malek's inner voice needs to remind him to smile more.

Why so serious?

Comment

This episode portrayed the Tok'ra in a highly sympathetic light; Malek was close to crying. It is a shame Egeria did not live on...she could have helped her people soften some of the roughness around their edges.

Comment

It is a shame that Egeria died-just imagine the amount of children she spawned during her decades of being used by the people on Pangar. If she had succeeded in freeing herself there could have been thousands of more Tok'ra to fight the system lords. The writers should have let Egeria live long enough to go to a Tok'ra base and birth one last group of children and because she could alter the DNA of her offspring she could have made one more queen to increase the Tok'ra numbers.

The way I view Hathor and Egeria's breeding abilities is by comparing it to Anna and Diana in V (2009). The characters in that show were reptilian queens and would give birth several times over their lives to thousands of embryos each time and eventually one of those embryos would also be a queen (in V(2009) that was the character of Lisa)-meaning that one female would also have the rare genetic ability to birth thousands at a time as well.

Comment

It is a shame but it would have changed the very essence of the Tok'ra story.

The fact there were so few Tok'ra made their cause all the more dire. They were so few so it was important for them to find allies, which they eventually found in the Jaffa who turned against their masters.

If there had been an abundance of Tok'ra there wouldn't have been a necessary need for allies so why bother trying to convert some grunts to your cause.

No, I think the idea of letting Egeria die was a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X