No announcement yet.

Cure (610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like this episode because there are no villains. It proves you can write an interesting story without clear cut good-guys and bad-guys. In fact, IMO, it's more of a challenge than the other type of story.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I stuck a VHS into my Halls of Res machine...

1. You have to laugh at the opening scene...

2. Did the Pangerans even understand Jack's French.

3. Our introduction to tretonin - bit of an eyebrow raiser when it's origins were discovered.

4. I reckon the shock of being entered(including being bitten) must have caused the guy's body to drop.

5. And to top it off...

6. RIP Egeria, can't really blame any one party for anything.

Solid enough ep.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This is a pretty important episode regarding the mythos of the series.

2 things I liked: how SG-1 is introduced (and Jack acting like Jack) and the Earthings/Earthlings line.

More about this episode will be revealed later this season.

Monday, the introduction of Earth's first battle-cruiser, the Prometheus.
        sigpic

Comment

I love those moments where we see the 'alien' point of view about the people of Earth. With this rewatch I've been enjoying the exchanges between Teal'c and Jonas and how they see the people and customs of the planet they called 'home' for a time.

The opening scene was a great example, the Pangarans' expectations regarding the people of Earth and who came through the gate as the representative! LOL!

It was a real double blow for the Tok'ra, first being decimated by their enemies and their numbers shrinking by the day. Then they find out that their salvation in the form of their rediscovered Queen is dying as a result of being experimented on! Can't help but feel sorry for them.

It was a nice touch though that Egeria could speak to a couple of her offspring and showed how different the Tok'ra were in that she forgave the Pangarans and saved their lives by giving the final piece of information to allow the successful creation of an antidote to Tretonin. I also liked the way that in a way it was Egeria that in a round about way freed the Jaffa from their dependence on Goa'uld symbiotes, and this I guess was how the Tok'ra's finally won their war against the Goa'uld.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
            Poor Egeria...
            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I barely remember Egeria from a previous episode when I saw this. Its a foundation epiosde as tretonin is used in future episodes. Its interesting how the Pangarians used the Goa'uld regenetive powers and was able to siphon it for their own use. The science person in me wonders how such a process occur. It seems like something that would be too complicated for the general audience but still it would be interesting to find out. This is another good episode for Jonas to show off his lingual skills. He seems to be not as obsessive as Daniel. Speaking of the ruins it was so sad to see Egeria die. I think Joel (music) and the actor in question did great work in playing a somber as she dies and how the whole thing was a big mistake.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Not a bad ep. The best parts being the revelation that the queen was Tok'ra and the introduction of tritonan.

Very sad ending with Egeria dying.
                sigpic

Comment

I think that Egeria is a simply beautiful name...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Couldn't Egeria simply have chosen not to produce any offspring at all? Unless they somehow forced her to.
                    When it comes to spawning new queens, I think the current one must make a conscious choice to do so. The fact that there are so few queens though does mean that the ones that do exist can become very powerful.
                    It would have been good if Egeria had been able to spawn another queen either before she was captured 2000 years ago and hid it or just before she died

Comment

Perhaps its biological that they produce offspring, so Egeria could not stop it.

Comment

A fine episode.
                        It didn't start so well. I mean -They never thought the tritonium to be dangerous? It was so obvious to me, first time I saw that bottle. And giving them addresses to peaceful worlds, before checking out anything?
                        No alarm bells going off when they wanted to visit Goa'uld Worlds?

Then it all got better. Jonas was back in action, i missed him in the previous episodes.
                        Nice surprise with the symbiotes and the queen - Especially when they discovered it was actually the Tok'ra. Good happy ending, except for the queen dying. The Tok'ra must have been very sad. I was a little sad too. I enjoyed the fact that there were no "bad guys" in this, just misunderstandings.

Last edited by Cluas; 28 January 2013, 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                          They never thought the tritonium to be dangerous? It was so obvious to me, first time I saw that bottle. And giving them addresses to peaceful worlds, before checking out anything?
                          No alarm bells going off when they wanted to visit Goa'uld Worlds?
                          We don't know what negotiations occurred before the actual visit of SG1.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            We don't know what negotiations occurred before the actual visit of SG1.

Seaboe
                            Oh thanks, good explanation, silly me

Comment

No, not silly. It's just TPTB often take short cuts to eliminate what they think will be the boring stuff. So you need to extrapolate that there are things going on off-screen.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                                No, not silly. It's just TPTB often take short cuts to eliminate what they think will be the boring stuff. So you need to extrapolate that there are things going on off-screen.

Seaboe
                                Hi there Seaboe, just want to express my thanks again. It's good to see what others think about the show.
                                Personally I wouldn't have given them any adresses, but then again, Teal'c might never have gotten the Tritonin he needed
                                Last edited by Cluas; 30 January 2013, 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X