No announcement yet.

Cure (610)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seemed unnecessary that Kelmaa had to die. I thought a healthy symbiote can consciously leave a healthy host with no ill effect to either party. The symbiote could've survived in the tank where Egeria was.

There seems to be a number of plot holes or at least variations in the whole gou'ald queen reproduction cycle and host species compatiblilty.
    Hathor gave birth to symbiotes through her host's human womb, utilising a male human to ensure the offsprings gou'ald-host compatibility.
    Egeria gave birth directly through an egg sac.
    Amonet gave birth to a human child, in the normal human way, except the child had the genetic memories of the parents. (I'm not sure WHY they did this)
    In one episode it was mentioned that the use of Jaffa as incubators greatly increased the chance of a sucessful blend with a human host when the larva matured.

Comment

To any Atlantis fans out there, I watched this episode for a second time and I just noticed that Zenna is Perna from "poisoning the well." I guess that actress loves being a part of a drug that has the potential to kill some of her people (in the case of "the cure" no tretonin means death)

As to the other issues, it said in the episode that the queens fertilize their own eggs asexually and that they choose what genetic information to pass on. Therefore, a queen would make another queen by passing on the required genetic information that would result in an offspring that could also reproduce. I don't think queens make new queens unless it is necessary for one to be made. In the case of most goauld, another queen would be a powerful rival, and in the sense of egeria she did not because she did not have the chance to or because she was to near death to do so, just as she could not save the host she took which also takes concious effort as shown when Jolinar took Carter.

Another thing someone mentioned, I dont think the queen found in "the first ones" it cant be Cleopatra because the goauld on that planet used Unas as hosts and that queen never made it to Earth, obviously since she was dead on the planet with the Unas. so the Goa'uld Cleopatra would have had to come to Earth.
      Last edited by Chezlee; 20 January 2008, 06:44 PM.
      BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

That is an interesting possibility for that actress, but it is more the PTB required a female actor for the role and she was available.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
          Another thing someone mentioned, I dont think the queen found in "the first ones" it cant be Cleopatra because the goauld on that planet used Unas as hosts and that queen never made it to Earth, obviously since she was dead on the planet with the Unas. so the Goa'uld Cleopatra would have had to come to Earth.
          Rothman just called her Cleopatra. There's no canonical reason to suspect that the historical Cleopatra was anything but human in the Gateverse.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
            Rothman just called her Cleopatra. There's no canonical reason to suspect that the historical Cleopatra was anything but human in the Gateverse.
            good point
            BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

So let's set this whole Egeria thing out on the table. Egeria supposedly spawned the Tok'ra movement 2,000 years ago at the same time that she broke from the Goa'uld. After which she went to Earth in order to stop the Goa'uld from enslaving humans. At which time she was an adviser to the Roman leader Numa Pompilius after which she was found and killed by Ra. Did I get that right or am I missing something?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                So let's set this whole Egeria thing out on the table. Egeria supposedly spawned the Tok'ra movement 2,000 years ago at the same time that she broke from the Goa'uld. After which she went to Earth in order to stop the Goa'uld from enslaving humans. At which time she was an adviser to the Roman leader Numa Pompilius after which she was found and killed by Ra. Did I get that right or am I missing something?
                from what i remember of the episode, you did i liked that this episode explained how the tok'ra came to be

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf View Post
                  Nice... A race using the Goa'uld rather than the other way around.. Too bad she/it wasn't really a Goa'uld.
                  Yes too bad. It does solve some questions i had about the Tokra though. I liked this ep.
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

It was an ok episode , we learned about the Tok'ra and how it all started 2000 years ago.

Rating : 6 / 10

Comment

yes great episode that was great to find out more about the Tok'ra
                      sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode as well, although it was very sad about the queen.
                        sigpic

Comment

hmm the pangarans just get let off the hook with "don't worry, we're still friends" after torturing the tokra queen for many decades resulting in the probable extinction of the species. i'm sure sg-1's reaction wouldve been different if there had been, say, a jaffa as the victim.
                          Last edited by asdf1239; 04 April 2010, 02:24 AM.
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

uh who makes tretonin now for the jaffa, the tokra or the pangarans?
                            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Interesting episode, but there were some oddities. One is the asexual reproduction of queens. If that's really the case, all her descendants would be her clones, even if unable to reproduce and not necessarily born with her genetic memories.
                              sigpic

Comment

So the bottom line is that the Pangarans were experimenting for all those years on TOK'RA symbiotes, not GOA'ULD ones..........
                                And is it correct to say that peoples such the Aeschens who never had contact with the goa'uld were "seeded" on their planets directly by the Ancients?? On planets such as Pangara and Lagara how did the people completely lose any effect or record of contact with the goa'ulds who brought them there originally?
                                Last edited by Dave2; 13 December 2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X