No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my top 3 favorite episodes. I just simply LOVED it!
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

This episode kinda annoyed me but I kinda liked it too.
      I loved the line where Coombs said, "I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the alter of Roddenberry." Lol. Gotta love those Star Trek jokes.
      Another point in the episode that had me cracking up uncontrollably was when they were dressed up as Jaffa and a real Jaffa stopped them and Coombs was so scared he threw up, giving Felger the opportunity to zat the Jaffa, then Felger pats Coombs on the shoulder and says, "Nicely done, nicely done," like the guy had thrown up on purpose or something. Weirdness...
      !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

This was a semigood episode Kinda annoying some times but fun none the less. I think Felger's great! Especially in Avenger (if I remember correctly this ep wasn't big around here )

Felger and Jack moments are just plain funny

Gonna go to the Avenger topic now...

Comment

A bit of an anticlimax but undoubtedly positioned within the grand Stargate tradition of having at least of one of these self-referential episodes (a la Wormhold Xtreme) once every season I didn't mind it and took it in the spirit that it was made.

Originally posted by Jeril
          This episode kinda annoyed me but I kinda liked it too.
          I loved the line where Coombs said, "I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the alter of Roddenberry." Lol. Gotta love those Star Trek jokes.
          That was just about when I realised that this episode was not meant to be taken seriously. I keeled over with laughter at this point and didn't look back.

Every Stargate fan's dream come true...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Favorite line: "We're on a mission, you NIT!"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Favorite line: "We're on a mission, you NIT!"
              Thats a good line, I think this one is a good one as well.

"What would Colonel O'Neill do if he was here"
              "Do you want me to shoot you"

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Coombs again. He was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I wouldn't mind seeing Coombs again. He was funny!
                  He was - Felger and Coombs were great together. Shame they couldn't some how write him in to appear in the script for Avenger 2.0.

Comment

I liked this episode--especially the comedy routine between "the other guys" and O'Neill's reaction to their behavior. The fantasy part at the end is pretty funny as well.
                    -girlgater

Comment

Great episode, and yes it would have been good if the writers had gotten coombs into Avenger 2.0, although wasn't the actor who played coombs Dr.Phlox from Enterprise?

Comment

I love this ep, it never fails to cheer me up. Great needle & chemistry between Felger & Coombs and great flowing one way irritation / exasperation between O'Neill & Felger. The 'you nit' line always seems so far from what you imagine Jackl really wants to say in that situation too! All in all a good fun 'disengage reality' 40 minutes and I have to say I thought Kon'Su, for the short time he was in the ep made a pretty cute Tok'ra too

Comment

That episodes great but not as good as Urgo.One of my favo. bits is when Jack says "hey everybody he's brought Coombs with him!" and the bit when Coombs is sick and Felger says "he is feeling sick".
                          Offical Member Of The Chevron Guy Fanclub

Comment

I loved John Billingsly being in this episode and worshipping Star Trek, it's so funny. I love the small Geek argument in the middle of it between Felger and Coombs:

COOMBS: Can't you see they're just having fun with you?
                            FELGER: What are you talking about? There's something going on out there!
                            COOMBS: Oh please! They're just tired of your butt-snorkelling. [Mockingly] "So tell me how you finally defeated Apophis Colonel O'Neill!" "Oh, Major Carter, I based my doctoral thesis on your amazing wormhole stability theories!"
                            FELGER: Bite me, Coombs. at least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klignon.
                            COOMBS: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don't know how you call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!
                            FELGER: [Mockingly] "Oh, how are we going to get out of this one captain?" "Oh, I don't know- something to do with the tachyon emitter?"
                            MEYERS: Guys! Knock it off!

So so comical...

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                            - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                            - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                            - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                            - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                            - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

Originally posted by captain_kirk999
                              I loved John Billingsly being in this episode and worshipping Star Trek, it's so funny. I love the small Geek argument in the middle of it between Felger and Coombs:

COOMBS: Can't you see they're just having fun with you?
                              FELGER: What are you talking about? There's something going on out there!
                              COOMBS: Oh please! They're just tired of your butt-snorkelling. [Mockingly] "So tell me how you finally defeated Apophis Colonel O'Neill!" "Oh, Major Carter, I based my doctoral thesis on your amazing wormhole stability theories!"
                              FELGER: Bite me, Coombs. at least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention you'd be all dressed up like a Klignon.
                              COOMBS: Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don't know how you call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!
                              FELGER: [Mockingly] "Oh, how are we going to get out of this one captain?" "Oh, I don't know- something to do with the tachyon emitter?"
                              MEYERS: Guys! Knock it off!

So so comical...
                              yeah it was funny that episode. Wait till you see Avenger 2.0
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Was Billingsly in Avenger 2.0, i thought it was just Felger crapping himself while he worked on trying to fix the gate network whilst under heavy fire from a load of Jaffa. At the end was quite funny as well, with the b*tch fight between Carter and the other Scientist. Geek episodes are so funny...

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                                - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                                - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                                - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                                - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                                - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

Working...
                                X