No announcement yet.

The Other Guys (608)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i LMAO at this episode, i thought it was soo funny the way felger was parading around trying to act like Jack

(i laugh because i know this would be me had i been in his situation!)

i like the fact the show isn't so stiff with si-fi that they can't lossen up and produce fantasitcally funny eps like this

about one per season it seems which i thin is great, as much as i like comdey, si-fi is my home!!!!

Comment

I just saw this last night and it was soooo much better than Avenger 2.0.

ROTFL!!

Comment

I would be pleased if it was dream as a whole, cause of some strange things (like Tok´ra masked as a System Lord) but I think some of us are forgotting one imoprtent thing- HERAK. He is in future episodes so it is cannon.

Comment

just saw this ep today on dvd. i would definetly rank it among my favorites, but maybe not # 1. also especially liked felger covering his eyes and shooting up the ring room. and when he's done he casually says "area secure" lol. definetly the funniest ep.

Comment

Is it just me or does Felger look like Brad Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              LOL. I don't see it myself but i tell you who I think looks like Brad Wright. Doc Ock from Spider-man 2.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Yes, it is canon and

At the end I was relieved to learn that it was all a dream. Mind you, it could just be the ceremony that was dream but I doubt it.
                TPTB are already on record (in various interviews and DVD commentaries) as stating that it was only the ceremony at the end that was a dream. Apparently, they regret that they didn't make it clear enough for some fans that it was only the ceremony and not the whole episode that was Felger's fantasy.

The episode may not suit the personal viewing tastes of some fans, but you can't get away with claiming the whole thing was a dream when the people involved in writing and directing it say otherwise. I think they'd probably know which it was.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  Yes! The first time I saw him I thought it *was* Brad Wright and had to look at the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    The episode may not suit the personal viewing tastes of some fans, but you can't get away with claiming the whole thing was a dream when the people involved in writing and directing it say otherwise. I think they'd probably know which it was.
                    If I want to say it was all a dream, I think I can.

It was all a dream.

There, see? no one else has to agree with me, but the episode only makes sense to me if I consider it all to be Felger's fantasy, and I tend to go with what makes the most sense to me rather than what I'm told to think by someone quoting one of many PTBs (who have a nice tendency to contradict each other anyway).

There are masses of plot-holes in it, and the whole conceit is so truly daft that it actually makes more sense to me to make TOG into a dream and then plug the (fewer and smaller) plot holes generated by that - such as SG-1 knowing Herak when they meet him later.

Madeleine

Comment

It's possible that the events in Other Guys happened... just not the way Felger "remembers" them. Maybe he and Coombs are the ones who got caught, or they tucked tail back through the gate and picked up the rescue story from whoever was ACTUALLY sent on the mission. Or maybe there was another team there and THEY managed the rescue in spite of Felger constantly getting in the way.

Lots of room for play, really.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Lots of room for play, really.
                        Yup, definitely. I prefer eps eps to be like that; one of the things that makes Changeling so brilliant is how there are a dozen or so aspects that can all be looked at from multiple contradictory angles without the ep making less sense. And although I believe Daniel helped Teal'c in Abyss I think that the episode would have lost a certain something if that had been made explicit.

I like it when the writers leave some stuff open to interpretation rather than spoonfeeding us everything.

And since this is a TV programme and not The Bible or Euclid's Elements I'm not going to stand for being told that I "can't" interpret it in the way I want to

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          And since this is a TV programme and not The Bible or Euclid's Elements I'm not going to stand for being told that I "can't" interpret it in the way I want to
                          But you can't interpret things any way you want, Madeleine. Didn't you know that Stargate is a holy writ and that if you don't follow the groupmind everyone is perfectly within their right to stone you until you either admit they're right or run away?

Or maybe, to present an alternate interpretation, it's just YOU. Everyone else can think whatever they want, but you aren't allowed. Neener neener.

Oh. Um. On topic. Yes, well, Felger seems to have his OWN unique way of interpretung events, doesn't he? Could be the perfect match for ya, Madeleine.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            Yup, definitely. I prefer eps eps to be like that; one of the things that makes Changeling so brilliant is how there are a dozen or so aspects that can all be looked at from multiple contradictory angles without the ep making less sense. And although I believe Daniel helped Teal'c in Abyss I think that the episode would have lost a certain something if that had been made explicit.

I like it when the writers leave some stuff open to interpretation rather than spoonfeeding us everything.

I'm also not of the "holy writ" camp. And I agree that they don't need to spoonfeed us. I think sometimes in the DVD commentaries, the writers & directors seem overly worried that we won't "get it" if they aren't really obvious. Can't name names, offhand.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Oh. Um. On topic. Yes, well, Felger seems to have his OWN unique way of interpretung events, doesn't he? Could be the perfect match for ya, Madeleine.
                              :: Growls menacingly ::

Madeleine

Comment

These 2 nerds as Jaffa? Classic stuff! Great episode.
                                Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

Working...
                                X