Abyss (606)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana
    Remember "The First Ones?" Or "Bloodlines?" The symbiotes there were able to live in water.

A symbiote takes a host because that's how they're able to have a nice new body with arms and legs...and so they can eat pie.It's possible that Kana slithered off and found some water to hide in, until Kanan found a new host (remember how muddy the area was where Jack was hit by the staff blast?).

Or died.

Morjana

Thanks for the Laugh

I was just watching "Urgo" last night.. and I want to eat pie keeps popping up
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Okay now my comments on this Episode...

Well I can't watch it without a Kleenix box near by (sorry I am a crier)

When Jack says he's not good enough to accend and says "That's were your wrong"

and then he suggest that Daniel can end it. The reaction on Daniels face, his eyes are so..oops off topic

I watched the commentary that goes along with this episode and I agree with Chris Judge on this, that RDA and MS will not admit that they are great actors, eventhough we all agree they are.
      I find that RDA and MS bring out the best in each other. Watching them together is great.

Okay I am mumbly now go to go...
      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
      sigpic
      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Wonderful episode! The Jackson/O'neill chemistry was as strong as ever. More Ba'al please! he was fantastic in this episode.
        Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.

Comment

One of season 6's best. The Jack/Daniel interaction had been sorely missed (and I like Jonas too, calm down), and it was written with a great balance of angst and humor. RDA and MS both were wonderful.

This ep also took what little respect I might have still had for the Tok'ra. They are every bit as arrogant as the Goa'uld, I rarely hear a host speak except to say "I agree."

And all the anti-gravity stuff was just nifty!
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Basically best s6 episode next to Full Circle.
            The Torture was fun and the whole getting to beleive Daniel thing was good. Also the vertical prisons were weird and slifgtly confusing .
            9/10 The whole 'Is it you' Thing got annyoying.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Great episode. Ba'al is simply wonderful. It establishes that he's genuinely unique and actually has personality and isn't just another random cliched Goa'uld.
              Baal "You don't know the pain you will suffer, for this impudence."
              O'Neill: "I don't know the meaning of the word. Seriously, impudence, what does that mean?"

Comment

You just gotta love Jack's little sarcasm infront of Ba'al. I actually don't know the meaning of the word Impudence until I looked it up in the dictionary. Those Goa'ulds always use big words, i guess to show that they are more advanced than us Tau'ri, but come on, they're at least hundreds of years old. Anyways, it was a touching episode. Sucks for Daniel, when you got powers to rule the universe but can't bust your buddy out of prison.

I like how Jack said,"Though a candle burns in my house, there's nobody home." It sounded really strange coming out of his mouth, sounds a little too advance for him. I always think he's stuck in the mind of a 3 year old.

The episode is definely on my top 10 list, right behind Message In a Bottle which is my favorite.

This episode had comedy, drama, and everything else you ever want, including the beautiful guest appearence of Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson)

It was definely 10 out of 10

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

This is one of my favourite eps, as already mentioned up the thread the scene where Jack's left alone in his cell and simply slumps to the floor says so much, we've gotten so used to seeing him characteristically sarcastic / defiant in the face of interrogation & torture that it's a bit of a slap in the face to catch a glimpse of sudden vulnerability. The same thing shows once more when Jack gasps out 'Don't' thinking that Ba'al is about to burn him again, both those moments always affect me.

Good to see that Jack & Daniel friendly-yet-antagonistic relationship back in action, the shoe throwing scene always makes me smile as does Teal'c with his somewhat clumsy yet sincere attempt at comforting Sam.

As for Ba'al, his attitude and his weird gravity prisons, what can you say? One very smooth bad guy indeed!

Comment

This is definitely one of my favourite episodes. Ba'al is such a great character- and most of my liking for him comes from this episode!

It's so full of memorable moments. It got me thinking that Season 6 could be a great thing. Unfortunately, I was not happy with most of the season.

They really should've showed a bit more action from the end, as it was such a critical moment. But it was OK, seeing as Jack threw his shoe through Daniel!
                    Do you not know the pain you will suffer for this impudence?

Comment

for some reason, i always forget to list this one among my faves

but as you can tell from my sig i love this episode, and baal was awesome but the interaction between jack and daniel was moving, the scenes on earth had some funny moments, and the torture scenes really bring out both characters (baal and jack) really well like basically everyone said, baal's not just a cliched goauld and that's a good thing

but the story was really good too, and i'm not usually a big fan of jack-heavy serious episodes... touching, moving... one thing i'd say season 6 had a lot more than any other season (abyss, the changeling, prophecy to name a few ), and something that i wish they'd have more often

still, did i mention baal stole the show?? well, the torture scenes anyway what i found amazing was that both cliff simon and RDA were acting to absolutely nothing during those torture scenes!! so add fabulous acting to the list of greats on this episode

Comment

I also really like Cliff Simon's performance in this one. His take on Baal is very different from the many other System Lords we see. He plays him as a real psychopath: charming, conversation, and utterly without a moral center. I think this makes him one of the most dangerous system lords in his own way. He's not over the top evil like Apophis and Anubis... he's just devious and sadistic in a very subtle way... smiling and chatting while he's inflicting bruatal injury. Very, very effective performance... much like the Roger Delgado version of The Master from early 70's Doctor Who.

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Abyss is my most favoritest episode. I LOVE CS and Baal in it. and also all the jack baal interactions. oH AND if anyone wants more Baal talk tjhere is a sweet lil Baal appreciation thread over in general discussion.

Comment

I love the "Though a candle burns in my house, nobody's home" part. One of the best Jack quotes we've had.

Comment

lol!! yes!! i agree! i loved that line!! smart yet not quintessential jack

Comment

Lol, oh yeah! I just love the look on their faces when he says something like that. I felt so sorry for Jack in this episode, he just has such a miserable little face. The chick in it was cool but.
                                Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

Working...
                                X