Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely LOVE this episode so much.

I love the discovery the trio does in the ice --> Ayiana.
    I love that they are still going after 4 years and that it will eventually lead to Atlantis -- just not yet.

I love Jonas and Ayiana together. Their interaction is fabulous. Their chemistry off the charts. (Yes, I ship it.)

I love that Fraiser gets to go on a field trip with them, and how she's super excited discovering all the things that they do about Ayiana and who she might be. I especially love the dialogue with Carter when she's explaining about the Antarctic Cod's ability to not freeze in icy waters, and Carter's very O'Neill-like reply "It's a fish.".

Teal'c's reaction to O'Neill having forgotten to tape The Simpsons is priceless. It's important.

Sad that Ayiana dies in the end, and of course, the all important O'Neill agreeing to blend with the Tok'ra and getting in trouble for it too, but that doesn't happen until Abyss.

How would you rate SG-1's "Frozen?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I never saw Stargate after season five because I didn't have cable, so remember I'm watching a fifteen year old episode, but I enjoyed Frozen, and the interaction mixed with danger. Jonas is especially likable, as in previous episodes. He has a genuine curiosity and can relate to other peoples, and Ayiana was always intriguing.
      A friend of mine wrote a screenplay about ghosts in the Antarctic, I had just finished reading it, so this was
      fun with all the snow and ice. There was a good balance of all the characters. They all had something to do. Even when O'Neill is in the background, he's always good.

I noticed in season six, the cameras are different, and the series looks more cinematic then the earlier seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
        I never saw Stargate after season five because I didn't have cable, so remember I'm watching a fifteen year old episode...
        First time you watch it then?
        I'm a little jealous cause the first watch is always a little more special than any rewatch after. Although, when I make it to season 8, 9 and 10, I'll be seeing those only for the second time ever so that's going to be interesting.

Originally posted by altair View Post
        I noticed in season six, the cameras are different, and the series looks more cinematic then the earlier seasons.
        I think perhaps they got bigger budgets to play with.

Comment

I believe they have got new equipment as they moved the show with season 6 from Showtime to the SyFy. Or maybe they have hired a different photographer etc. As far as I know the digital recording started with season 8 / Atlantis season 1, so that is the reason why the picture quality has really improved there.

Off. Since they were capable of improving the picture quality of COTG, then it wouldn't be impossible to do with earlier SG-1 seasons. But it is not going to happen.

Aiyana was nice in the Stargate : Universe too. Ona Grauer looks hot. I wish they could make a Stargate Origins: Aiyana story with her... By the way our heroes all have got complicated relationships: Daniel's dad is Seth. Weir had a relationship with a Tollan (Narim). It looks like Young dated an Ancient lady. Why are we surprised that they were in trouble all the time?
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I believe they have got new equipment as they moved the show with season 6 from Showtime to the SyFy.
            That already happened after season 1.

Comment

Most likely happened again.

What happened to you FH? We used to fight constantly. Now I agree with you. This episode is one that gets better with age. You miss the subtle references of Ona as an Ancient and the history of the Ancients. At least the part they tell us. The thing is relating On to the Ancients and contesting her with the plague are passing references that you can miss them. To me I have enjoyed this more as ive seen the episode more. What used to be a fair is now a good
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                What happened to you FH? We used to fight constantly.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Frozen, Nightwalkers & Abyss

Jigsaw puzzle: Frozen

Comment

Very slow today, 12:28.

Comment

this episode always made me sad, they found and basically caused a angel to die.... well i mean the ancients are comparable to angels due to them being the core founding force to alot of the galaxies life forms as well as the whole ascension gifts powers purposes being etc

Comment

12.27, I beat BethHG (only just, it was close)
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                          12.27, I beat BethHG (only just, it was close)

Comment

A second ... can make a big difference.

Congrats on the solving everyone!

I will follow shortly...

Comment

And im after FH. I let everyone go first so they have some joy before I win
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                And im after FH. I let everyone go first so they have some joy before I win

Comment

Working...
                                X