No announcement yet.

Frozen (604)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I was curious about was why didn't Jonas try to speak Ancient to her? He read all of Daniel's notes so he must be familiar with the language. Other than that I thought it was a good ep.

I loved the DVD director's feature, especially the part at the end.

MARTIN WOOD: I love working with Amanda and hate working with everyone else. (laughter off camera) Don't laugh, you're giving it away.

Comment

Daniel might of not had translated it that well after all how many ancients he meet until after hsi acension?

Also.. Darwin wrong..

And Wraith plague is only a guess and is most likely not true as Ayaiana had the plague before the wraith.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

*Spoilers, Full Circle*

Daniel finds a tablet with the oldest dialect of Ancient writing on. It said that all the Ancient's got wiped out by a plague. Some ascended, and the rest died
        __

__

Comment

I'm glad the ancient lady was brought back for the Atlantis premiere.

Comment

she was brought back to show that the plague was the reason they left.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

You know, I didn't like this episode until Atlantis started, and the Ancient storylines reached an alltime high.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                You know, I didn't like this episode until Atlantis started, and the Ancient storylines reached an alltime high.
                Same, I thought Season 6 was a complete let down. I liked Jonas and everyone, but until season 7 and 8 picked up the slack, I thought season 6 was a blunder. But now it all ties in. Its cool.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I think season six was just trying to explain a few more things and set up season seven's big finale plot. Glad they're finally dealing with the ascension business in S8
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    I think season six was just trying to explain a few more things and set up season seven's big finale plot. Glad they're finally dealing with the ascension business in S8
                    As our good friend Teal'c would say: "Indeed."

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Hehehe. I liked Full Circle and Frozen, they were about my fav eps.
                      __

__

Comment

I liked this episode. Lots of things happening, and it was good to see Dr. Frazier getting out for some fresh air.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm really enjoying this episode a great deal, but I could see how it might not have seemed as good as it does now back when it first aired. It's almost like it is the prequil to Atlantis. If I were to talk to an Atlantis fan who asked which episodes were most relevent from SG1, this would be one of the tops on my list.

I really liked Aiyanna. First time I haven't loathed an Ancient to be honest. I hope Atlantis finds (another) reason to return to her. The actress was quite good.

Janet Fraiser proved how she really was one of the most brilliant doctors on the planet. Makes me wonder what she did before the SGC. She can really make "I didn't save her" sound brilliant.

The Tok'ra element I thought was the weakest part. It seemed really forced and I kind of wished they hadn't used it at all. Really. It just adds unanswered questions and posibilities to the series that just didn't fall into line. They could have found another reason or way to get Abyss done.

Comment

Frozen to me was like half of a good episode. Such potential. Aiyanna was such a great find and then it just kind of all fizzled out without going anywhere. Just became a set-up for Jack to get snaked by a Tok'ra.

I really liked Aiyanna and it was a shame we had to wait so long to see her again. Of course I know TPTB planned on S6 being the last season (ha! if only they'd known), then heading into Lost City movie and spin-off to Atlantis.

Frasier *was* great. Such a fabulous recurring character.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

This reminded me of X-Files' "Ice." I guess Stargate was on an X-Files-ish episode kick with this one and Nightwalkers. Also, Bruce Harwood was in it, too.

I believe the team all went to The North Face to get their gear before they
                              left. I mean everything said "The North Face" on it. It was a bit much. Did they have The North Face underwear as well?

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                                I believe the team all went to The North Face to get their gear before they left. I mean everything said "The North Face" on it. It was a bit much. Did they have The North Face underwear as well?
                                Product placement. Not only in this episode, but in Rising as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X