Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisz
    replied
    Loved the mystery of a seemingly abandoned Goa'uld mothership just turning up on its own for no apparent reason in Earth's orbit. To find out that it's got Thor's mind in its computers, and that he believed that O'Neill and co would work out he was there and find a way to rescue him was an interesting idea.

Also liked the idea and the effect of Jonas beaming in with the water in the transportation rings!

Quite an interesting revelation that death gliders could fly under water! Good thing too, otherwise no more SG-1!

Leave a comment:

• Jae'a
    replied
    I love this episode. I'm so jealous of Jonas' ability to hold his breath under water for such a long time!

My LiveJournal post

Leave a comment:

• NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    replied
    A pretty good episode. I like Season 6 in general, and it's the first season of SG-1 I bought on DVD.

The call back to one of Jacob's first episodes was cool (that he once was an General).

Jonas saved the day, and is now accepted as a member of SG-1.

Tomorrow, Colonel Young's wife An ancient woman is found in Antarctica. Why is she there?

Leave a comment:

• Matt G
    replied
    Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. A Ha'tak showing up in Earth orbit was certainly an interesting one...

2. This is the first ep where Jonas really was able to slot into the team...the first time he seemed to really 'belong' in the show.

3. Rewatching this ep it's an example of how Jonas offered a fresh perspective on SG1, here was a very smart guy from a 1940s technology level world. If you took a very smart guy from circa 1948 and threw them into 2002...you would get someone like Jonas if we had to get rid of Daniel you did need a non-military perspective on the team!. And this was the ep where Jonas started to do the business!

4. Thor, on the ship, very nice stunt from the grey guy!

5. "All members of SG1 present and correct". Said it all!

First great ep of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Seaboe Muffinchucker
    replied
    Thing I wonder about: if the samurai jaffa killed Friesen with a sword, why is there no blood?

I've always figured Jack gave Jonas a hard time to see whether he could follow orders. As much as he liked and admired Daniel, he could never count on him to follow orders; I think after 5 years of that he wants someone who will.

Seaboe

Leave a comment:

• LeftHandedGuitarist
    replied
    I like these self-contained episodes in which SG-1 are stuck and have to figure out how to escape (okay, I guess that describes most episodes, but you know what I mean). This one is a little bit "sterile" and formulaic, at least until the ship starts to flood. Better than average, not wonderful. It's also the first show where I've really felt Daniel's absence.

Due to budget constraints they obviously had to skip some stuff such as the mothership crashing into the ocean. However, Major Davis says that the crash will cause a huge tidal wave. That never happened, with no explanation as to why. It's also a bit jarring that everyone on board seems to survive the crash with no injuries, and there's no internal damage. Just a little mention that it was a rough ride would have sufficed, it pushes the believability factor a bit too far that the crash landing was no problem.

I'm also not sure why Davis is with them, he's not really a field officer that we've seen before, just a Pentagon liaison.

Don't like the samurai Jaffa, why would they exist? I guess they were concievably taken by Apophis from some planet evolved from samurai culture, but it's odd. All other Jaffa no matter where they are from use the same weapons and fighting styles, why would these be different? Ah, who cares.

It's a fun episode. Jonas sure can hold his breath for a long time. Loved the water being transported in the rings with him!

RATING: 7 out of 10

Leave a comment:

• Dave2
    replied
    Jacob and everyone else must have been as surprised as anything to see gliders in the ocean that were not built for that. A huge fount of research material at Area 51!
    And Jonas......he's as loveable a genius as Daniel.
    Now, as far as those Japanese Shogun Jaffa are concerned........

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Yay for Jonas! Finally O'Neill accepted him as a member of the team. Great ep, loved the end when the deathgliders rose out of the water.

Leave a comment:

• maneth
    replied
    Yay for Jonas! Finally O'Neill accepted him as a member of the team. Great ep, loved the end when the deathgliders rose out of the water.

Leave a comment:

• Jacquelyn
    replied
    Wow I love this eppy! Great plot. Nice parts with them all. And i bet they all had fun getting wet.
    PLUS great Sam/Jack moments. Too bad they didn't Lip-Lock to give each other air. That would've been sweet..in a life and death way.

Leave a comment:

• mrscopterdoc
    replied
    My first thought was "ninjas". Poor red shirt.
    Alien conspiracy!

Yay for Jonas.

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    lol me to good old jack

Leave a comment:

• AresLover452
    replied
    Jack: Tell him I take back everything I was thinking about him when I was under water.

Love that!!

Leave a comment:

• gateship15
    replied
    lol its just not the same when they arn't working together

Leave a comment:

• AresLover452
    replied
    Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
    me to and i agree wet sam and jack do make a good eye catcher lol
    they do at that!!

Leave a comment: