No announcement yet.

Redemption, Part 2 (602)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who missed it earlier, this is what the real thing looked like: the Phantom Ray on the back of one of Nasa's 747s. Note that in real life the ship is mounted farther back. Other than that, the special effects guys got it pretty close (note, this is a gallery of photos; the one with the Phantom Ray on the 747 is among them).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Tuesday night...and the end of the SG1 season opener...

1. McKay was still rubbing me up the wrong way here.

2. Jonas was still not quite...clicking for me. I'm not sure if he and Jack were ever that tight and I'm pretty sure Jack signed Jonas up purely to avoid having a Russian on the team.

3. Ah...Aaron Douglas as a Jaffa.

4. "It also helps to be lucky"

5. Impressive work Ry'ac...we were 'that' close to Earth losing the Gate!

Pretty good ep.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Excellent conclusion to the beginning of Season 6.

I still love that pianist line. It's so corny, and so like McKay.

Jack once again saves the planet Earth from destruction, with an idea Carter got from Jonas (which answered an long standing question of the series).

Tomorrow, a mysterious ship appears in orbit of Earth, SG-1 and Jacob investigate.
        sigpic

Comment

My LiveJounal post

No more McKay for little while...
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Steps up the action, the SGC trying to work out how to prevent "their doom!" to quote Anubis, love how SG-1 pays a fond homage to the old black and white cinema reels of the likes of 'Flash Gordon' with the great corny 'dramatic dialogue'! Great visual of the X302 and stargate sitting on top of that 747!

Love the way Rya'c comes into his own as a warrior with his quick thinking, saving the day on stealing the death glider and destroying the Ancient weapon. No doubt left in Teal'c's mind after this feat!

The weapon we see here turns out to be amongst many potential disasters left around by the Ancients for others to find and unleash hell with! I've wondered what the Ancients built it to do in the first place, was overloading a stargate's capacitors the original idea or was it something Anubis discovered he could use it for?! So begins the race between Earth and Anubis to find various bits of Ancient technology in a bid to destroy each other.

Comment

This a fantastic conclusion to a fantastic two parter. I didn't even hate McKay that much in this episode and you know from me that says a lot. The guy comes off decent with this episode. The last episode was all about running around looking for solutions but this episode is we have the solution now lets fix it. Jonas is not in this episode that much but I love the part that he is in. His idea seems so simple of a solution that its almost like Jonas have a "Jack moment." That whole action scene of Jack flying the X-302 with Stargate strapped to it was cool. That whole scene looked almost movie quality to me. I have a hard time believing Rya'c could steal a death glider when the planet is so heavily guraded and am left a little curious how they escaped the planet so easily when it was so heavily guraded
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't hate McKay in this ep like I did in the other ep.

Lucky Rya'c has some skills with flying a death glider.
                sigpic

Comment

Which makes me wonder when he ever got training..

Comment

Indeed. Unless Bra'tac took him for some lessons.
                    sigpic

Comment

Best episode so far.
                      Even though it seemed a little too convenient that Rya'c Teal'c and Bra'tac got away alive .... Guess "It helps to be lucky"

I loved Jonas, and I even liked McKay. The piano talk was awesome. Oh and now they are "leasing" the Giza gate, gotta love the russians for that.

All the characters had some really amusing lines. Except for Dr. Fraiser, were was she?? Missed her...
                      If this is the standard of season six, I will be very satisfied ...

Whooops, just checked the ratings of season 6 - It's a downward spiral
                      Last edited by Cluas; 28 January 2013, 01:17 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

Ratings tend to go on a downward spiral. Its the commn trend. As for Fraiser a doctor really wasn't needed for this episode
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Ratings tend to go on a downward spiral. Its the commn trend. As for Fraiser a doctor really wasn't needed for this episode
                          I've reached ep 10 and you're absolutely right, thanks for the answer. (I still missed Fraiser)

Comment

McKay -- he's hilarious in this one.

Seems we lost Lt. Simmons again. And we bribed the Russians into giving us their stargate.

Lots of daring plans, and Jonas just lending a hand while drinking a gallon of tea.

Rya'c stealing a glider - daring - and destroying Anubis' set-up. SWEET!!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Really liked this episode. Highlights would be teal'c and son B plot and Mckay and Sam bonding. I think this might be my favorite two parter.

There weren't to many things I didn't like. Baby Teal'c flying a death glider was odd. Where did he learn that and where did he get a glider to practice on? And I have no idea how they got off of the planet with all those ships in orbits actively looking for them. Those are the only things I had problems with the rest of the episode was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                                Those are the only things I had problems with the rest of the episode was pretty good.
                                Rya'c was just plain lucky, he said so himself in the end. AND he had been trained by Master Bra'tac

Comment

Working...
                                X