No announcement yet.

Revelations (522)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that my favorite part of this episode was the very end when they're going out for food, and that wind goes through the corridor. It's never, ever, everrr confirmed in-story, but I'm 99.999...% certain that was meant to be Daniel. Malfunction in the ventilation system my ass.

Comment

wouldve loved to see thors face when the asgard shots didnt do anything to the hataks
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Poor Thor... Great finale with lots of action as usual.
        sigpic

Comment

Flipping hell - I'm the first Rewatcher to have completed S5...

Can't remember where I first watched this ep...

1. The speculation on this was interesting, particularly as we now had a good idea what Anubis would look like - something we've never seen before or since!

2. There wasn't a Daniel-sized hole in this ep so much as 'a' hole. But it was there.

3. Anubis clearly has a lot of tricks.

4. You have to get up early to outsmart even a three man SG1 though, they needed Thor's help however!

5. Nice touch right at the end.

Solid way to end the season.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            Flipping hell - I'm the first Rewatcher to have completed S5...
            At least, the first to post about completing season 5.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
              I personally watch all my episodes of the week in the first half of the week and post at a later day of the week. I have only posted up to Last Stand but have watched up to Meridian
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
                OK, apparantly the first person...
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Pretty good finale, it's near the bottom for finales (there's a big gap between the next one down), but still good.

I noticed that this episode (I think) introduced a new HyperSpace window effect.

We finally met Anubis for the first time, man is he going to be a pain in the years to come.

This is the final episode of SG-1 to air on Showtime, and the first of 5 planned series finales (Seasons 5, 6, 7(?), 8, & 10).

Monday, the first episode of the new year, the beginning of the next leg of our journey through SG-1, Season 6. Which I noticed, Monday's aired on Syfy Sci-Fi 2-3 weeks after this episode aired on Showtime.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pretty good season ender with the appearance of the new big bad Goa'uld who shows the Asgard who the new boss of the galaxy is with his more advanced technology.

The void left by Daniel's death is touched on nicely as we see everyone mourning his loss in their different ways. The reminder that he isn't gone in the conventional sense of death is another interesting touch at the end of the episode with the 'malfunctioning ventilation system'.

This episode sets up the season six opener nicely as we go into my second favourite season after season four.

Comment

Who doesn't love a good Asgard episode?

The episode is like a big payoff. We get to see so many interesting things like finally seeing Anubis's true form. I thought it was weird the first time to see him covered in a black coat. It just brings him the most cliched of Goa'uld. And all the Goa'uld are quite cliched. Then their is Thor. It was interesting to see him in trouble instead of his comfy chair for a change. Its not surprising to see Jack and Teal'c run onboard a Hatak to save him but it seemed a little different this time. It seemed like it was harder to sneak aboard the ship then last time. Maybe that is because Anubis was so much more powerful then the other System Lords. Is it just me or did Osris seem sad that Daniel was dead. That lead me to the one negative of this show. Carter's grieving got a little over the top for me? A little at first wasn't bad but being a trained officer she should have been more able to control her grief in her job.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Freyr's threat in the advanced ship to the Goa'uld reminded me of Delenn from Babylon 5

My LiveJournal post
                        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

It's been a while since I saw this. I accidentally left my Season 5 and 6 discs at home when I went there on holiday so I'm majorly behind.

The first real reveal of my favourite Stargate villain. Ba'al being the second.

Thor in trouble, how unexpected.

And that's the end of Season 5. I really need to watch it again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            That lead me to the one negative of this show. Carter's grieving got a little over the top for me? A little at first wasn't bad but being a trained officer she should have been more able to control her grief in her job.
                            She is a very emotional woman... what more is there to say.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              She is a very emotional woman... what more is there to say.
                              emotional or not is not an excuse for unprofesionalism.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Just watched the episode again, especially like Osiris talking about Yu. 'That stubborn old man simply refuses to die'.
                                And the end of the Asgard threat, '...challenge us at your own peril!!' Just shows that mean business when they want.
                                Thor had an old ship at the start because a - it was the only ship available, and b - they didn't expect the Goa'uld to actually fight back just leave when they turned up as they usually do. The advances in the mothership's shields and weapons were unknown to the Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                                X