No announcement yet.

Meridian (521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on my first go around on the series and I must say this is my second favorite episode so far. It really showed the bond between the team as a whole. Like when Teal'C was talking to Daniel and when Jack's feelings could be seen especially when he told Jacob to stop healing Daniel or how Sam still wouldnt believe the fact he was gone.
    1LT Chris Barden United States Marines
    Alpha Site Security Team member

Aftermath RP:
    1st Lt. Chris Barden

Teal'C and Major Lorne -SSU RP

General Hammond: Colonel O'Neil what the hell are doing?!

O'Neill: In the middle of my backswing!?

Comment

I never cried so much until I saw this episode, my God, Daniel, even today when I see the episode again I cry like if it was the first time I see it
      sigpic
      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
        I never cried so much until I saw this episode, my God, Daniel, even today when I see the episode again I cry like if it was the first time I see it
        maylet I know exactly what you mean it happend to me once to watch the episode on tv and I cried a lot when it ended. and then, the next day it aired again and I watched it again and of course, I cried again. It's such a sad episode and at the same time such a feelings - revealer one. That's how I discovered how much Daniel means for the team, for the series.
        and it's a typical death to Daniel...sacrificing himself to help people...

bottom line...Meridian is one of the most intense episodes of Sg-1

Comment

I remember when my brother looped (actually, it was me ...guilty) Fraser doing compressions on Daniel Jackson and saying "Come on, Daniel"... still disturbs me ... and makes me laugh my head off !
          I think that's a different episode .
          EDIT: I NEVER cry when Daniel dies, I know he's just going to come back !

I loved this one ! I love ALL of SG1 .

Comment

I could not imagine watching this when it originally aired, not knowing that Daniel would be back. Thank goodness for DVD's.
            This episode is so sad, I cry every time I watch it.
            sigpic

Comment

amazing episode. even knowing that he comes back it still really sad. Acting is incredible in this episode, probably the best of the entire series.
              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

It is one of the saddest episodes for me to watch.

Comment

Great ep, even if it makes me sad, since Daniel's my favorite character. Oh well, at least I know he'll be back!
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree that this was a sad episode; seeing Daniel's friends heartbroken at his going away. It was very touching. At least Daniel came back though. I liked Oma and her sayings.
                    "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Why is it episode called Meridian?
                      But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGhost View Post
                        Why is it episode called Meridian?
                        Good question, never thought about it.

I try searching online, couldn't come up with anything, other than it being the imaginary line on earth surface, and the wikipedia article also mentioned that ( term "meridian" comes from the Latin meridies, meaning "midday" )

Doesn't ring a bell

Comment

Ok. Thanks for helping. The episode might have occured during the middle of the day.
                          But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

I balled when Daniel died. I mean, I knew he was just ascending, not necessarily dying but it still sucked! I was so upset. LOL I cried pretty bad. Not audibly, mind you, but there was lot of sniffling and tear whiping. Last time I cried that much watching Stargate was when his wife was killed by Teal'c.

Comment

Or that Jonas was caught in the middle of everything.

Comment

I think that the reason for such a title is that it seemed to me that Daniel was between life and death for most of the episode. He was hearing his friends speak to him, and Oma was talking with him. Maybe it had something to do with the decision that Daniel had to make; be healed and remain on earth, or ascend. That's my two guesses.
                                "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                                "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Working...
                                X