No announcement yet.

Menace (519)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this episode today and I thought it was pretty good. The characters in this episode really reminded me of the original Star Trek. Somewhat.

Any episode with Replicators rocks!
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Just watched this one..

How come a simple gun killed her, she was after all a robot was she not and seeing as she was full of nanotech would it not be pretty simple for her to repair herself?

Comment

Your confusing Replicators with robots. Replicators our nanitie blocks. which can be repaired if damanged. A robot is a little more specializied. A certain wire is used to more a certain body part simliar to the way we human need certain muscles to move a certain body part.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah but she had nanites in her didnt she, sam had some under a microscope, so what was the point of those nanites if they cant even repair something as simple as a few holes?

Comment

I'll admit its been awhile since I've seen Meance but if I recall correctly Reese didn't have nanities in her.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually, I just watched the episode. And Sam does say that Reese has some form of nanites in her. They figure that's how she made the Replicators.

Quoted from the Stargate SG-1 Solutions transcript guide:
              CARTER This is more advanced than any android we've encountered before. Check this out.

[Carter and Janet move to a microscope.]

FRAISER: That some sort of nanotechnology?

CARTER: They seem to be some sort of self-repair mechanism.
              So, yes, Reese should be able to repair herself. But maybe Jack shot a vital system. Or, depending on how you'd like to interpret the episode, maybe Reese shut her systems down, or went to sleep on her own. She also could have chosen not to repair the damage. After all, she knew the SGC wasn't going to let her roam free. So what choice did she have?
              Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
              Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I'm only part way thru watching all of SG1 again but did the Asgard not end up taking Reece, think it was mentioned in a later ep?

Comment

see Revelations for details
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah just watched that one

Comment

jack and daniel at the end is insane, really impactive. great episode but reece was very annoying.

Comment

I feel sorry for both Reese and Daniel. I think Daniel could have sort that out if given a bit more time. Though can't blame Jack he was a bit over-reacted by killing Reese second after entering the gateroom without knowing what's happening and seeing any immediate danger of Daniel. Jack did have very different approach in dealing with alient and robot children. He could be nice to alien children but still he asked Sam to put Cassandra in a bunker and let her blown herself up. For this time I go for Daniel.
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                          I feel sorry for both Reese and Daniel. I think Daniel could have sort that out if given a bit more time. Though can't blame Jack he was a bit over-reacted by killing Reese second after entering the gateroom without knowing what's happening and seeing any immediate danger of Daniel. Jack did have very different approach in dealing with alient and robot children. He could be nice to alien children but still he asked Sam to put Cassandra in a bunker and let her blown herself up. For this time I go for Daniel.
                          Hindsight is 20/20. Its easy to make the decision after the incident but from Jack's perspective you have this robot who was attaking the SGC. He only had time to react.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Hindsight is 20/20. Its easy to make the decision after the incident but from Jack's perspective you have this robot who was attaking the SGC. He only had time to react.
                            We as viewers have the priviledge to see the whole picture and any comments made could be classified as 'hindsight'. I understand if I was in Jack's position I might do the same but if I put myself in Daniel's position it was fully understandable why he was so mad with Jack.
                            sigpic
                            Sign by me

Comment

This is really one of the best episodes of season 5.

Replicator episodes are fun

The actor playing Reese did a great job . Also SGC with Hammond , they did well together in this episode.

I'm not sure about Daniel's reaction in the end when Jack killed Reese :
                              'You stupid son of a *****.'

He should be more thankful than that......

Rating : 8 / 10

Comment

Hammond being involved in the action was cool. Good to see more information on the replicators.
                                Some say that he has only one ear.
                                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                                All we know is he's called
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X