No announcement yet.

Last Stand (516)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unlikely that Jacob/Selmak are the sole survivors of the Revanna Mulching. Given that he/they was/were (Ack - how do you classify a blended dual being anyway?!) off-world at the time on a mission, it stands to reason that there are at least a few other operatives out there as well - possibly a significant number.

Besides, I'm sure that Jacob refers to this fact at some point in the ep, and he also notes that a beacon has been activated to warn all incoming Tok'ra to turn tail and get the heck out of there.

I imagine the Tok'ra were fully prepared for a Goa'uld assault on the base. It's not like they've never had to flee before, after all. This time, however, they're facing attackers in overwhelming numbers - far greater than they've ever faced before - and these attackers have the additional benefit of knowing what they're up against, thanks to Anubis' nasty spiky braindrain device. They've been well and truly caught on the hop this time.

I think it's safe to assume that the Tok'ra are still around - we just don't know at this stage how many there are and whether enough of them have survived for their campaign to viably continue.
    sigpic

Comment

This was a great two-parter with the two stories gradually meeting up. You'd think the tokra would invest in crash helmets as those tunnels seem to collapse quite easily.
      I loved the dialogue between the goa'uld system lords and the fact that we met a few more new ones.Poor old daniel must have filled his underwear when he saw osiris walk in.He was lucky she was just as shocked otherwise it could have got messy.He played his role very well.
      It was a shame that elliot had to die but thats the way writers like it, so you have a likeable but not important character die,on his first mission as well I was hoping him and lantash would survive and come back like jacob occasionally.I also thought the lantash part of the story was weak almost like they were in a hurry to get rid of the character.
      Jack and teal'c held up the story with good humour and some action as well.Especially when they were deciding what crystal to use.

Comment

Great end to the two parter!! full of action!! just what i love about Stargate SG-1 anyway RDA was bringing in the humor to litten the mood which is always good frim a fan POV the crytal parts between him a T were excellent!!

Comment

Great second part! Loved Daniel just mingling with all the bad guys!

Comment

great ending to this 2 part epsiode not just with ellot of a good second part poor tok'ra never catch a break
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Even though the tokra are a little annoying at times they are one of are greatest allies. It is very unlucky that they have taken a blow of this extreme magnitude. We should not be so quick to give up on them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
                It was a shame that elliot had to die but thats the way writers like it, so you have a likeable but not important character die,on his first mission as well I was hoping him and lantash would survive and come back like jacob occasionally.
                I know what you mean. It's a shame, isn't it? Of course, it does serve a useful purpose of reminding us all that Gate Travel is not a risk-free pastime. The additional dimension of Elliott dying on his very first mission with his new SG Team just drives that point home even more firmly.

Mind you, it would have been intriguing, had they survived, for Elliott/Lantash to return to the SGC and pick up with a new Team. Given the state of play with the Tok'ra now, it might be a new tactic for them to consider.

Now that would have been awkward given that Lantash still harboured Martouf's feelings for Sam - and Elliott knew it because he and Lantash had blended so he could feel it himself!
                sigpic

Comment

Why didnt we get a larger fleet of ships, when Lantash used the poisen there would have been at least a dozen or more ships, w could have easily got 2/3 SG teams and stoln them all, maybe even have got the Hatak. If the Jaffa army was gone why didnt we take advantage?!
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                    Why didnt we get a larger fleet of ships, when Lantash used the poisen there would have been at least a dozen or more ships, w could have easily got 2/3 SG teams and stoln them all, maybe even have got the Hatak. If the Jaffa army was gone why didnt we take advantage?!
                    really good point
                    the only thing I can think of is that they did not want to take the risk.
                    IMO it is worth the risk
                    sigpic

Comment

Just a thought...is Elliot played by the same actor who plays the head of the "elders" in Atlantis S1x05 i think, childhoods end? If not they look A LOT alike

Anubis is one scary bad guy, it is worse then the worst thing (i know wierd phrase) that Earth could ever think of. They were scared of Nirriti getting a Hak'tar, but Anubis is ten times worse then that!
                      BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                        Just a thought...is Elliot played by the same actor who plays the head of the "elders" in Atlantis S1x05 i think, childhoods end? If not they look A LOT alike

Anubis is one scary bad guy, it is worse then the worst thing (i know wierd phrase) that Earth could ever think of. They were scared of Nirriti getting a Hak'tar, but Anubis is ten times worse then that!
                        check it out
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks Jumper I love it when Im right
                          BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

I'm sure you do
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Stating something you know to be true is know great feet...
                              sigpic

Comment

It was a little disappointing for me when the ending was left to our imagination

Would have been a pleasure to watch those goa'uld die by the masses, lol

And also, they didn't reveal what happens next for the tok'ra

All in all, Summit and this episode made a good story, but with a bad conclusion to it, the ending was kind of left "hanging"

Comment

Working...
                                X