No announcement yet.

48 Hours (514)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen Season 6 yet, but somebody mentioned the Antartica DHD to have crapped out right after it was confiscated from the NID-guys (Touchstone). Is that right? It is supposed to be mention in the Episode Frozen.
    R.

Comment

Yeah, details about it are mentioned in Frozen.
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
        The writer had written a much longer scene for Tanith, but according to my sources, (The Illustrated Companion), the actor wanted too much money, so he wasn't actually in the ep at all. The bit with him was actually a shot from a previous ep superimposed on the bridge.
        Serves him right for getting fresh with TPTB. Why couldn't he just appreciate the fact that he got to be on the coolest ever SF series?
        I admit Tanith's death was pathetic but then again, not everyone can go down with fireworks and dramatics. Even cool bad guys. I mean Sokar was awsome and his end was so disapointing.

Other than that, this episode was great. McKay was awsome. I seriously hated him So, now obviously I'm a big McKay fan I love Rodney! He's awsome on Atlantis, by the way. I loved the interraction between him and Carter. She's always so nice to everyone and everyone is nice to her so it was nice to see her really hate someone and not being all polite about it

"Go suck a lemon!" - indeed Loved that line.
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

The Russians got the DHD after some Natzis found it and hid it. When the Russians came they took the DHD back to their homeland.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I like the Ep, but I can't stand Mckay. Esp, the way he kept saying that Carter was guessing and General could do better then listen to her.

His ego is tooo big to admit the eve nhe could be wrong....

As for Simmions the guy is just plain crazy....

Comment

-That food server looks like he hates McKay, maybe he had a crush on Carter.

-Great Maybourne ep. especially with Jack going like "I'm soo going to kick your ass" It was hilarious!
              Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I liked this episode, although I will say again that I HATE, HATE, HATE Col. Simmons with a passion. I'm soooo glad they were finally able to get him in trouble.

I loved seeing Jack and Maybourne together again. They work so well together. It was hilarious how Jack threatened to kick his ass (literally, hehehe), but I acutally felt BAD for Maybourne that they suspected him of shooting Jack. Maybourne's so NICE now, I really am beginning to like him a whole lot (he looks much better with the beard, too). I do wonder though WHY he keeps helping Jack and Co (esp since Jack is always so damn rude to him), and fear there is an ulterior motive (if there is, don't spoil me, please!). Or maybe Maybourne is angry at the NID and wants to screw them over by helping their enemies/sharing NID info.

Although I agree that Tanith's end was anti-climactic, I can't say I was sad. He really annoyed me, he was just so damn condescending and not in a cool badass way like say, Osiris. I do wonder who he was working for, the one 'whose name the likes of [SG1] don't deserve to know'. I'm guessing maybe Anubis?! Thoughts?

Serves him right for getting fresh with TPTB. Why couldn't he just appreciate the fact that he got to be on the coolest ever SF series?
                I couldn't agree more. I know I'd be happy to be on the show, for no money at all! Unfortunately, I have zero acting talent. Alas.

I really enjoyed Daniel's view on the negotiation with the Russians. I think it's very selfish, arrogant, and plain wrong that the USA isn't involving/informing other nations. As Daniel said, the Americans are not the *only* people of Earth. I would be pissed if I were the Russians too. Plus, it's disgusting how little honour the Americans have -- they should have held up their end of the bargain (in terms of sharing technology etc) without question. And their selfishness makes me understand why more advanced alien races are so reluctant to share their technology. If Americans aren't civilized enough to know how to share and be honourable, they certainly shouldn't be allowed access to powerful and destructive technology.

EDITED to discuss McKay:

I'm already familar with McKay from SGA, where I quite enjoy him most of the time, so I had a positive bias towards him in this ep, but nonetheless, I did find myself wanting to punch him a few times. He's just so damn annoying and arrogant and that's okay when he IS the smartest person around, but he's NOT when he's on earth because Sam will always be superior in every way.

I can't believe he had the gall to insult her how he did, and I wished Sam had been more virulent in her response -- she should have sat down at the table after that dumb blonde comment and told him what a miserable little creature he was and how he obviously was no where near as bright or he would be in her position, i.e. lead scientist. Then she should have thrown in that he would be lucky if ANY woman ever even gave him a second glance, considering his obnoxious personality and poor manners. I really wish I could have possessed Sam for a few minutes to do that...
                Last edited by fair_nymph; 14 April 2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

to bad CJ was only in the beginning and the end of this episode.
                  the guy who assist Carter look like young Robin Williams ...
                  and yes, I loved seeing Jack and Maybourne together again too

Comment

This is one of my favorite of season five. It was great that everyone had something to do. I liked Daniel's scenes in Russia. I really liked his line when he said to Col. Chekov. "Then you must know how I feel." I felt like he was really reaching from inside and pulling out deeper emotions than what is usual for him.

I always love Jack and Harry. The scene where Jack chases Harry around his car was hilarious.

Mckay and Carter are amusing in this episode, but it's not my favorite with Mckay. I tend not to like it when a character is brought in purely for the sake of irritating a main character. I would have liked to have seen Mckay contribute something in the episode.

All and all a good episode.

Comment

I think season 5 was one of the best seasons, and 48 Hours was one of my favorites. First, I too love Maybourne and seeing Jack and him interact is always a hoot. Plus, they introduce the ever irritating, but wonderfully sexy Dr. McKay, and I loved seeing him get to Carter. And his "dumb blonde" remark was priceless.

Good episode...great characters....and they got T back!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I liked this one a lot. It was really intersting how we had so many threads going on at the same time, and we kept jumping from one thread to another, good pacing and editing.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that the first exterior scene of Russia is a VERY badly CGI-cobbled-together picture of the Winter Palace, which is in St Petersburg and St Basil's cathedral which is in in Moscow

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                            Has anyone noticed that the first exterior scene of Russia is a VERY badly CGI-cobbled-together picture of the Winter Palace, which is in St Petersburg and St Basil's cathedral which is in in Moscow
                            Actually, no i didn't. I'll have to rewatch the ep to see that.

Comment

I wasn't sure at first so I asked my mum to have a look and she agreed a) it was a bad computer image and b) the Winter Palace should be in St Petersburg and not Moscow and where was the Kremlin?

Comment

This is my favourite episode of season 5. It contains one of the best teasers in the entire series to date with some superb special effects shots.

I loved all the seperate strands to the story with the Jack/Maybourne scenes, the return of Col. Simmons and Adrian Conrad, Sam and McKay, Daniel in Russia. Poor Teal'C obviously didn't get much to do but his predicament made for a great episode.

Watching the episode recently after not having seen it for a few years, I noticed alot of the effects shots and a shot of Jack turning his head towards the camera, when he's in Maybourne's apartment, are used in the starting sequence from season 6 onwards.
                                'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

Working...
                                X