No announcement yet.

Proving Ground (513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fantastic episode that is a classic example of pure SG1 how it should be done. It also showed that the SGC recruits have to go through hell just to be allowed to be placed onto a team, all before they step through the gate.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Grogan is my favorite! I hope we see him again! His other episode was good, but we need more Grogan! He's such a cutie!

Comment

Grogan was quite fabulous. If nothing else, it would be nice to see him back for continuity's sake.
        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

This episode is on right now and I had to comment. I LOVE the opening teaser, Daniel the Goa'uld. And after shooting everyone, he blew off the muzzle of the gun! So good. I actually speculated after seeing this episode in the past what I would have done in that first scenario.

ADDED: I went between believing it was real and believing it was a training scenario at different times. I thought it was real when Jack shot the SGC personnel after the second exercise. And I also believed when Haley shot the SF. Then in the scene where the trainees shoot Jack, I noticed that Sam seemed to be deliberately trying to keep them from shooting him when she grabbed Satterfield's weapon. Then of course Daniel's musing about how comfortable General Hammond's chair was. I really liked this episode, enough that I took the time to re-watch, something I haven't done a lot of since I saw a lot of the early episodes in the 6:00 slot already and am only re-watching certain ones.
          Last edited by DragonGate; 26 December 2005, 03:16 PM.
          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I liked it that when when all was said and done O'Neill goes, "And you really think the test is over now?"

He was telling Lieutenant Elliot, that the test is never over.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
              Grogan was quite fabulous. If nothing else, it would be nice to see him back for continuity's sake.
              at least so he can get shot some more. LOL.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
              24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
              Both heavily admined.

Comment

LT Grogan will appear later in The Sentinel.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                  LT Grogan will appear later in The Sentinel.
                  He certainly did, and we mentioned Grogan's other episode earlier in the conversation if you'd taken the time to read.
                  SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                    He certainly did, and we mentioned Grogan's other episode earlier in the conversation if you'd taken the time to read.
                    Well, people were asking currently and I wanted to bring this page up to speed.

Comment

I thought this was a pretty cool episode althought I knew that the first part where daniel was a goa'uld was training because of the lights on the intars. However when the main foothold scenario was presented, I thought it was real.

My favorite part is in the beginning when daniel says: "She's the Tok'ra, I'm the Goa'uld." and then proceeds to shoot everyone with one shot. After that he then blows on the barrel of the intar. I thought that was awesome that he took everyone by suprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin
                        Grogan is my favorite! I hope we see him again! His other episode was good, but we need more Grogan! He's such a cutie!
                        We do see Grogan Again in a later in the season in Episode 518 The Sentinel
                        We find him Laying on the ground unconsious and he then shows Oniell a way to get to the main tower where the head guy in the city is.
                        Scifi Channel President Should Jump off a cliff

Comment

I watched Jack/Daniel's phone conversation where Jack tells him to "have fun" four times, brilliant. Grogan getting zatted was great too, poor guy got nailed by Daniel of all people.
                          "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

I kind of had an idea that it was training the entire time but in the back of my mind I wasnt sure.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just watched this episode, and loved it! I was definitely fooled in the end where Hailey is trying to shut down the gate. Loved Daniel's chair comment, but the best line was Hailey saying "You can put me down now hero!"

I was kinda hoping that a few of the lt. would be on a team together, because they really worked well together, but I understand that they need to be paired up with more experienced team members.

I wish that the writers would bring back some of these characters again!
                              Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

I don't think they will those people are all lost to stargate.

One of the unfortunate things about stargate they kinda leave alot of people wanting more.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X