No announcement yet.

Proving Ground (513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the cadets (Lt.´s, whatever) were great, but I love the scene after Jack was zatted in Carters lab.
    Jack: "Colonel O´Neill has been compromised?" and the look on his face
    and
    Sam: "Uh, sir, if you don't mind, your wound is getting all over my lab."
    Jack: "Hmm. Sorry."
    That was hilarious.
    Dogs are my favorite people.
    If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

One of my all-time favorite Sam/AT scenes is in Season 5's Proving Ground - the bit in the commissary between Sam and Jack... and since several others also cited this scene amongst their favorite Sam moments…
      ...I went trolling the DVD for screen caps

Setting: Sam and Jack are having jello in the commissary... Sam's is blue, of course! She's trying to get him to lighten up and say something positive about the recruits, but he's having too much fun playing the veteran-curmudgeon... she finally realizes that she's not going to break through and that he's just going to continue to 'play cranky', so she stuffs the remaining (blue) jello in her mouth and 'exits stage right' (actually her right and Jack's left)

------
      Sam: Colonel. I thought you'd have gone home for the night.
      Jack sits down with Sam.
      Jack: I thought about it. But I wanted to finish up these training reports.
      Sam: What do you think of Lieutenant Elliot?
      Jack: He thinks too much which makes him indecisive. He's trying to figure out what I want instead of trusting his instincts.
      Sam: Or, he's very intelligent, recognises the whole point of this training program is to introduce non-terrestrial factors in our approach to a problem and he respects you more than you know.

Jack: You bought his excuse for hesitating, didn't you?
      Sam: Well, he was right. You would never had let it happen. I think he was giving you the benefit of the doubt.
      Jack: I think he was tap dancing.
      Sam: Well, you have to admit he's got leadership potential.
      Jack: Do I?

Sam: Grogan. He'll make a fine addition to an SG team one day.
      Jack: He'll make a fine target. He's good at getting shot.
      Sam laughs.
      Sam: Okay, Satterfield's bright.
      Jack: I give her high marks for her high marks. I'd never go into combat with her.
      Sam: Then there's Haley.
      Jack: Oh yeah. Four foot nine fightin' machine.
      Sam: Colonel.
      Jack: All right. Fine. They're the future of the Air Force, the program, the entire planet. God help us.
      Sam: Try to remember when you were in their shoes.
      Jack: I wore boots.

Sam: Think back to when you were their age.
      Jack: I was never their age.
      And this is where she just stops and looks at him... realizing that he's not going to stop 'playing cranky'...

Realizing that she's getting nowhere, she stuffs the rest of her jello in her mouth and exits... stage right...
      Sam: Goodnight, Sir.
      Jack: What?
      Now AT's facial expressions in the final moments as she stuffs the jello in her mouth and then departs - her expressions are wonderful! Had me grinning and chuckling! I tried to catch more of the 'exit scene' with screen caps, but AT is moving too much - her facial muscles are moving around as she talks out of the side of her 'full' mouth - and she's getting up and leaving - so most of the screen caps from that sequence are too blurry to post.
      Screen caps are from the episode Proving Ground
      Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

Originally posted by Baal_Lord
        I believe Eliot did really well. One part i hated of this ep, was the chinese girl, basically in love wiht daniel
        hmm i think shes korean

Comment

I like Haley a whole lot more in this one. I hated her in Prodigy. And then i thought the ending was really bad where Haley went in and got hurt and Elliot went in to save her. That was a little too much. Other then that i thought this ep was a good one.

Comment

I too liked Hailey alot more in this ep. She seemed to have lightened up alot, lost the chip on her shoulder. Which is good, she may make a good officer after all. It would be a shame for her brilliance to go unused because of attitude problems.

I guess I'm sort of a gimp because I wasn't sure that it was a test until pretty far into the ep. I suspected but wasn't clear, until Sam and Jack conferred. Aspects kept throwing me off, like Hailey apparently killing an officer, and Jack changing the cartridge on his gun. Oh and Hailey taking blood, with the nanobots in it.

I found Satterfield's role a little absurd. I highly doubt she would be able to read goa'uld, etc. It just seemed ridiculously far fetched.

Highlights of this ep:

-Jack, Daniel and the chair: 'hey this is really well made...' LOL

-Teal'c, sitting across from Daniel while he's commenting on the chair, just looking through a mini magnifying glass

-4'9" fighting machine -- great line!

-Sam and Daniel talking like Goa'ulds

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphirer
              hmm i think shes korean
              I like this girl and i can understand why she loves Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                OK, Tin Man had me fooled the first time I watched (it never occurred to me that we were watching duplicates), but I never believed this one was anything but a training exercise. How about you guys?
                Yeah,I realized that it was training after Col. O'neill got shot,only because he fell to the ground and pretty much jumped right back up agian?! Which any other time it would have been different!.But when *whats his name* went to save Lt. Haley from the radiation....I didn't think he was still in training then.But all in all I liked the ep. But when Jack asked if he really thought the test was over,and the red light went off?! I had no clue what was going on,there.....*lol*......Great Episode,I loved it,but it was kinda *insert thought*

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph

-Teal'c, sitting across from Daniel while he's commenting on the chair, just looking through a mini magnifying glass
                  lol,I was cracking up with Daniels comment on the chair!!!

Comment

I liked this one. I was pretty certain the beginning was an exercise, and that the foothold situation was as well. But it was 100% when Jack let's the trainees handle things themselves, just because of his 'injury'. If the situation were real, no way Jack would bow out while he could still move.

Comment

i just watched this episode and it was awsome... i knew what was going to happen the whole time but it was great!!
                      "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphirer
                        hmm i think shes korean
                        Either way, she's played by Grace Park, who plays Boomer on Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Talk about harsh training, I'm surprised when they were told it was an excercise they didn't shoot everyone just to make sure.Jack was great especially when he got shot (both times).
                          I don't understand how if humans can get up after a couple of minutes when shot by the intar weapons why they expected it to last longer on the supposed aliens. The trainees just shot them and left them?
                          Daniel and teal'c were funny waiting for they're moment to come and daniel asking jack if he'd told them 'not to shoot him this time'.
                          The ending was the only bad bit with elliot doing his heroic save....but i think he knew it wasn't real and knew he was safe so it wasn't too bad!

Comment

ilove this episdoe for me its true Stargate on Earth and this sort of thingg had to be happening otherwise how would they train people

Comment

Probably wont see any of the folks again but i thought it was a good episode and i thought it was an actual alien invasion for a minute!

Comment

good episode to bad elliot dies later on in the season
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X