X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, a black eye on his head wouldn't be too bad
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Wormhole X-Treme is one of my favorite SG-1 episodes. It is most definitely in my top five and usually in the top three. In case you're wondering, Broca Divide, Fifth Race and Lost City (as one ep) are also vying within my top five. As a celebratory 100th episode, I thought it was a great idea for the cast/crew to have a little fun on set, poke fun at themselves and move the SG-1 story along a little in the process.

I used to think it was a fun romp that wouldn't mean much if you didn't follow the series. However, I recently watched it with some people who are not SG-1 followers and barely know scifi television, and they loved it!! More importantly they subsequently wanted to borrow all my DVD sets! (Heck no! Go to Netflix! )
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
        Wormhole X-Treme is one of my favorite SG-1 episodes. It is most definitely in my top five and usually in the top three. In case you're wondering, Broca Divide, Fifth Race and Lost City (as one ep) are also vying within my top five. As a celebratory 100th episode, I thought it was a great idea for the cast/crew to have a little fun on set, poke fun at themselves and move the SG-1 story along a little in the process.

I used to think it was a fun romp that wouldn't mean much if you didn't follow the series. However, I recently watched it with some people who are not SG-1 followers and barely know scifi television, and they loved it!! More importantly they subsequently wanted to borrow all my DVD sets! (Heck no! Go to Netflix! )
        I can understand how this can be some peoples top favorite episode I alos think Lost City is in my top favorite episodes as well I agree, for the 100th episode, it was a good that they included the actual crew in the episode, it was nice.

Comment

The Lost City was great

Anyway, I can also understand where you are coming from. The theme was a good idea, but I just didn't like how it was played and set out
          __

__

Comment

What didn't you like Anubis? I thought they could have accomplished more if they did something better in part 1 of Lost City, part 2 of Lost City was really good

But shouldn't we be talking about Worhim X-treme! ? Haha..

Comment

For the record, it really helps to watch this episode when you're already drunk.
              Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

I wish I had the DVD so I could get more of the jokes

Comment

Martin's all drugged up again

Comment

Originally posted by deluzion
                    There's nothing worse than a 'clips' show. I appreciated Wormhole X-Tremel, it was sort of like a Clips show, but it wasn't as bad. I think it's the closest we're going to see to a "All singing & dancing" musical episode (still keeping fingers crossed on that one).
                    I'm not so sure I'd want to see Stargate: The Musical. An episode of Wormhole X-Treme, maybe...but no musical!

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Stargate: The Musical I'm sure it'll be funny... but very stupid at the same time.

Comment

I like all their reactions at the beginning when sg-1 is watching the show, the rest of it i don't like so much, but that's just me. Generally, I thought it was a great ep
                        My top three favorite Atlantis characters:
                        1. Maj. John Sheppard
                        2. Dr. Beckett
                        3. Dr. Elizabeth Weir

My top three favorite SG-1 characters:
                        1. Dr. Daniel Jackson (hence the username)
                        2. Tie: Maj. Samantha Carter, Colonel Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill (duh)
                        3. Jacob Carter

(and also, even though my name is Danny-boy, i am actually a girl who REALLY likes Daniel Jackson [and Jack called him that once])

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                          I'm not so sure I'd want to see Stargate: The Musical. An episode of Wormhole X-Treme, maybe...but no musical!
                          I would abosultely love SG-1, The Musical. Of course it would have to be done right to come across as funny. I haven'theard the commentaries yet, but I absolutely loved the episode and all ofthe jokes. Obviously there were many jokes that you could get just as an SG-1 fan but also as a sci-fi fan in general. I might have appreciated some of the produciton and "behind-the-scenes" jokes becasue of my experience as a theatre techie, which is probably why I love this episode so much.

Comment

lol I agree with that!
                            __

__

Comment

From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89738|1|,00.html

TV News

'Best' Failed Pilots Get ABC Showcase
                              (Monday, August 02 02:34 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Borrowing a page from Trio's "Brilliant But Cancelled," ABC is putting together a special showcasing TV pilots that never made it onto a network schedule.

"The Best TV Shows that Never Were" is scheduled to air at 8 p.m. ET Monday, Aug. 16. The one-hour show will feature clips from such non-classics as "The Ultimate Importer," "Fuzzbucket," "Poochinski" -- featuring Peter Boyle as a dead cop, reincarnated as a police dog -- and "Wishman."

The clips will also show now-famous folks like Dennis Franz, Tom Selleck, Keanu Reeves and Marg Helgenberger in shows that networks thought were good enough to make but not good enough to put on their schedules. Somewhat ironically, the special will air opposite the Olympics on NBC, which means the shows no one ever saw probably won't draw a very large audience in their recycled form.

The recycling of TV pilots has become something of a growth business recently. Trio's "Brilliant But Cancelled" series celebrates shows that were either quickly cancelled or never made it on the air in the first place, and the L.A.-based Un-Cabaret comedy group has a regular pilot showcase called "The Other Network."

ABC's special is based on the book "Unsold Television Pilots" by Lee Goldberg, a veteran TV writer ("Monk," "Diagnosis Murder," "Spenser: For Hire"). Goldberg, Steve Gerbson and William Rabkin are its executive producers.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Hmmmm...someone up at Bridge Studios must have worked on the pilot for "Poochinski" -- as it was referred to by Martin (to Jack) in "Wormhole X-treme."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
                              http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|89738|1|,00.html

TV News

'Best' Failed Pilots Get ABC Showcase
                                (Monday, August 02 02:34 PM)

*snip snip*

The recycling of TV pilots has become something of a growth business recently. Trio's "Brilliant But Cancelled" series celebrates shows that were either quickly cancelled or never made it on the air in the first place, and the L.A.-based Un-Cabaret comedy group has a regular pilot showcase called "The Other Network."
                                As if I needed more proof of the fall of Western Civilization? They can't come up with any decent new shows, so now they recycle failed old shows? Yikes.

Originally posted by morjana
                                Hmmmm...someone up at Bridge Studios must have worked on the pilot for "Poochinski" -- as it was referred to by Martin (to Jack) in "Wormhole X-treme."
                                I wonder if it might have been pitched to RDA or Greenburg? It was in the early '90s...

Comment

Working...
                                X