No announcement yet.

The Tomb (508)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a very cool and CREEPY do a thead on the scariest episode.I'll garenty the tomb is in the top 10 maybe there allready is one I don't know The Russians were there.Poor Tollinev but she survived?didn't she?Let me now
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
      This was a very cool and CREEPY do a thead on the scariest episode.I'll garenty the tomb is in the top 10 maybe there allready is one I don't know The Russians were there.Poor Tollinev but she survived?didn't she?Let me now
      it wasnt that creepy. The russians were pretty good in this episode, but its better when the colonel is around, lol Season 6 (Spoilers)

with jonas, lool

"The Battle to defeat Sin will be hard, prepare yourselves"

Comment

Originally posted by Baal_Lord
        it wasnt that creepy. The russians were pretty good in this episode, but its better when the colonel is around, lol Season 6 (Spoilers)

with jonas, lool
        Sometimes it was a bit creepy.Is there a tread about the scariest episode of all time?I think this one will be in the top 5 remember that beast the Goa'uld craweld into.What was that?
        Lord Zedd

Comment

The beginning and end were kind of fun, but once they got locked in the pyramid (ziggurat!), I got bored very quickly. I don't like the Russian element of Stargate and never have so the cliché interaction between the two teams did absolutely nothing for me.

And then there's Teal'c. When, pray tell, did he gain the ability to sense a Gou'ald infestation in his compatriots? He never mentioned this extremely useful and potentially lifesaving power during In The Line Of Duty when he was in close contact with Sam/Jolinar. Nor did he allude to his magical Gou'ald detecting capabilities in The First Ones. Why now? Was he just too embarrassed to mention it all those years or is there a more sinister motive at work? (Or did TPTB just make it up to suit the episode?)
          END OF LINE

Comment

It's a stretch, but Teal'c gaining the ability to sense Goa'uld symbiotes may be possible. The awakening of his telepathic ability to communicate with Junior in "Crossroads" may have something to do with it.

Comment

It could maybe also have to do with his symbiote getting older and more mature, because fully mature symbiotes detect others.
              Rocky

Comment

Was the eye of tameaus one of the eyes in Anubisises weapon. If so how did he get it ?
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Yes; the Eye of Tiamat is one of the ones which is specifically mentioned in Full Circle. Presumably Anubis dug it up, which suggests that strapping C4 to the Eye of Ra might not actually do the business.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                    Dang... Russians
                    Yes dang Russians. Don't ever listen to us.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                      Okay.. I've just watched "Thor's Hammer" again and Marduk couldn't possibly have been imprissoned for all that long. Unless that Kendra is much older than she appears.
                      Why's that?

-Russian cigs. were a nice touch. That wound on the female Russians neck really looked real.

-Best line of the season: "The Russian are coming" !!!

-One problem, if Apophis didn't develop personal shield technology until "The Nox" then how did Marduk get it on a 4,000 year old hand device?

-Wouldn't the grenade that Colonel Zhukov chucked at Marduk also have killed O'Niell and Zhukov? The shrapnel alone should have killed them.
                      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Has anyone found out yet what kind of cuneiform that was?
                        I'm no expert, but I thought it was Sumerian, which would be either the same as or closely related to Babylonian...?

I thought it was very clever of Marduk to outwit his vengeful priests -- they put that creature in the sarc with him and he just jumps inside it. Very sneaky and in character for a goa'uld, yet it still came as a surprise to me. I would have liked to know more about Marduk and why he was so nasty and hated.

Good points about Teal'c being able to sense the symbiote -- I'm definitely still confused/unclear about how he has the ability and why it hasn't been mentioned earlier, but I'm glad someone brought it up because I didn't even think of that while watching the ep.

Good point about the grenade, that I DID wonder about...I dont remember the details of the scene but would hiding behind a stone wall in the nearby corridor be enough cover ? Isn't that what Jack did?

One problem, if Apophis didn't develop personal shield technology until "The Nox" then how did Marduk get it on a 4,000 year old hand device?
                        I wasn't aware that personal shield tech was that new, or had anything to do with The Nox/that ep...I thought it was the cloaking abilities that were more recent...and those really only apply to ships and Nirrti. But again, I could not be remembering that ep fully.

Comment

The personal shield wasnn't new, tealc had just never seen Apophis use it before. Chances are that tealc and Bretac were so good at their job that no one ever got that close to Apophis.
                          What was the connection between Kendra and Marduk?
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Uncle Dick brought up the great question of Teal'c sensing symbiotes. I've never heard it mentioned before either. Possibly he never sensed it in Sam that time because Tokr'a have no naquada in their blood. But they don't have blood either do they? anyway it's green, which brings me to The First Ones, in which the goa'uld symboits there didn't have naquada in them either. That could be why Teal'c never sensed them. I think that would account for everything. Was there any other times they met goa'uld and weren't aware?
                            "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
                              I quite enjoyed this episode. Very good as a stand alone one, very rewatchable.
                              I enjoyed this episode as well.
                              I love it when they bring the Russian to the sroryline

Comment

I liked this one too. I wonder if the Russians finally believed the Lt. after they debriefed her back in Russia.

Comment

Working...
                                X