Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This it? I think it is...

Comment

I still have the feeling that Apophis is going to return. I mean that "Dead False God" has a habit of coming back from death and rising to power.

Comment

nice to see Daniel using a P-90
        I absolutely agree. I quite enjoyed seeing him use it, too. Delicious bicep bulging.

Like Beatrice, I LOVE Jacob and he was in prime form in this ep. Great little dialogue between him, Jack, and Sam.

I was pretty shocked by Teal'c turning. I did NOT see that one coming. I wasn't surprised by the replicators coming from one of the crates though -- I knew they should have never let the cargo ship on board.

I'd love to see some follow up as to whether any of the replicators survived the blast. I sure as hell hope not. Crafty little buggers! (pun intended ))

As for Apophis, I hope he's dead for good. I'm pretty sick of him. Die already!

Comment

My sweet sweet Teal'c become a bad guy.

Comment

What exactly happened to the planet Apophis and Cronus's mothership plowed into? Did it survive, or was it damage or destroyed? Could someone possible post a picture or link to a picture of the explosion when the mothership hit?

Comment

Originally posted by SG-4MarineLeader
              What exactly happened to the planet Apophis and Cronus's mothership plowed into? Did it survive, or was it damage or destroyed? Could someone possible post a picture or link to a picture of the explosion when the mothership hit?
              Oh, I have no doubt the planet itself is still there; after all, a planet is very large and hard to destroy. See Sam's site on Destroying the Earth for more details on why this is so (and ways to do it anyway). However, I'd say there's a good chance the impact started a nuclear winter or something like that. So whether or not anyone ultimately survived is a good question.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I enjoy this ep, too. Apophis' dress sense seems to be improving at long last, Teal'c's being one heck of a bad boy (not that it's his fault, poor dab), Jacob Carter makes another very welcome return and lots of replicators get blasted into tiny, tiny bits. Fabulous.
                sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode! Great stuff with Jacob being around.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
                    Great stuff with Jacob being around.
                    So true. One of the best, if not the best recurring characters in Stargate. And, lets face it, it's not like there's a shortage of competition for that accolade!
                    sigpic

Comment

It's nice to get a two-parter where both episodes are very good. We had everybody I like in there- apophis being bad with style, the replicators which are great villains because SG1 always have to come up with a Mcgyver type plan to beat them, Jacob- at his best I thought, he was almost like the fifth member of SG1, him and jack have a good repertoire together.
                      And SG1 with daniel kicking ass and sam doing her brainy thing,Teal'c being very naughty and slapping jack (who took it very well considering), and finally jack who was his usual funny self.
                      A good start to the season!

Comment

Amazing conclusion to the inbetween season two parter!!, with the Replicators, shame about Teal'c at least hes a live i guess! anyway it just so happens that i am vidding this episode as i write this, spooky or what!!

Comment

Great episode, and in this episode you can really see the transition from braniac daniel to military daniel

Comment

Do we ever find out what galaxy they were in and whose ship that was?
                            "You don't know half of it".
                            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum
                              Do we ever find out what galaxy they were in and whose ship that was?
                              'Fraid we don't; no. All we know for sure is that it's a heck of a long way from Earth - and they won't be home in time for tea.

It's possible (and the ep analysis on the main site discusses this) to argue that they've ended up in the Asgard home galaxy - simply because of the presence of a replicator-infested ship. Of course, this is based upon the assumption that it has to be there because of the known Asgard bug problem. We can't conclusively 'prove' this, though, because there's no reason to assume that the little critters haven't expanded into new galactic territory.

As SG1 never got the chance to board the infested bug-vessel (even before they realised it must have been crawling with metallic beasties), there was no way they could have known who originally manned the ship before the bugs nicked it. So, again, we never find out whose ship it was - other than it was being used by Replicators. So, I suppose you could say that it was theirs (after a fashion).
                              sigpic

Comment

I really didnt like this episode because of the fact that you had to believe that teal'c would change sides just because he's been brainwashed.

It doesnt really give teal'c's character much strengh or will power.
                                STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X