Exodus (422)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    That's part of the definition in the GW Omnipedia.
    Seeing as how they don't even spell kelno'reem correctly and don't give a source, I'll take it with a grain of salt. If it's not canon, I'd take the lexicon over the GW omnipedia any day.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      Seeing as how they don't even spell kelno'reem correctly and don't give a source, I'll take it with a grain of salt. If it's not canon, I'd take the lexicon over the GW omnipedia any day.
      I believe it's mentioned in a season 7 episode about how he requires sleep since he no longer has a symbiote. Trying to remember which one.

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
      As part of an episode, why not? O'Neill was eating Fruit Loops 3 or 4 times in that episode.
      I'm slightly confused as to why anyone would want to watch the cast members eat food during a regular episode when time could be better spent on more important things. I don't get why it needs to be shown they eat food. When it's obvious it happens off screen 90% of the time.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
        I believe it's mentioned in a season 7 episode about how he requires sleep since he no longer has a symbiote. Trying to remember which one.
        Yes, I know. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe Jaffa wouldn't have to sleep at all. They are obviously familiar with this 'phenomenon' as well as dreams and in The Warrior K'tano mentions that Teal'c told him the humans required several hours of sleep (and there being no shame in that). Obviously you can interpret that as the Jaffa not needing it at all, but then I think he'd be more puzzled about it or have phrased it differently. It also makes me wonder why Teal'c would have a bed or carry a sleeping bag with him if he doesn't require any sleep at all, ever.

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
        I'm slightly confused as to why anyone would want to watch the cast members eat food during a regular episode when time could be better spent on more important things. I don't get why it needs to be shown they eat food. When it's obvious it happens off screen 90% of the time.
        Yeah, it would be like watching them set up their tents/sleeping area, seeing them use the facilities (either at the SGC or off-world), sleep, shower/bathe etc in every single episode.
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Other than that we can notice how the main actors always have their hair neatly in place and clean shaven (except for Sam who always has lipstick)...... ;-)

As part of an episode, why not? O'Neill was eating Fruit Loops 3 or 4 times in that episode.

Comment

That's part of the definition in the GW Omnipedia.
            Kelnoreem is a replacement for sleep (which we know the Jaffa don't or rarely do), not food . It isn't a replacement for food. And we certainly saw Teal'c eating a lot of food in various episodes of SG1.
            I know what kelno'reem's purpose is, but I have no idea how it will affect a 'person's' health when it comes to nourishment. We know how long a human can go without food or water, but we don't know that about Jaffa but we do know they can change their need for oxygen by entering a deep state of kelno'reem and can even slow their heartbeat so much it stops (yet they still live). Also, I don't believe it's a replacement for sleep but merely something that requires their physiology to need less sleep.
            Just came across this in Holiday:

O'NEILL/TEAL'C
            It can only accomplish its work if you put your body into a state of kelno'reem.

TEAL'C/O'NEILL
            Translation, Teal'c.

O'NEILL/TEAL'C
            Similar to a state of hibernation.

So it's not really sleep and could definitely mean Jaffa don't need much sustenance if they kelno'reem long/deep/often enough.
            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Just came across this in Holiday:

O'NEILL/TEAL'C
              It can only accomplish its work if you put your body into a state of kelno'reem.

TEAL'C/O'NEILL
              Translation, Teal'c.

O'NEILL/TEAL'C
              Similar to a state of hibernation.

So it's not really sleep and could definitely mean Jaffa don't need much sustenance if they kelno'reem long/deep/often enough.
              Teal'c just described it as similar to a state of hibernation, which basically means it's their version of sleep. Not replacement to sustenance, such as food. I'm assuming the symbiote allows them to go longer without food but nowhere is it ever mentioned kelno'reem is used in replacement to food.
              Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I'm not saying it's a replacement of anything, food or sleep... I'm just pointing out that the body's needs are different during hibernation and thus there's a chance the same applies to kelno'reeming Jaffa.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I have a feeling the writers just didn't pursue the issue of the Jaffa on board the ship and left it since we see no evidence that hundreds of Jaffa were dropped off willingly anywhere. A major plot hole is the fact that despite the death of Cronus the Jaffa could have eventually overtaken the ship against four or five people, with or without Teal'c.

Comment

I have a feeling the writers just didn't pursue the issue of the Jaffa on board the ship and left it since we see no evidence that hundreds of Jaffa were dropped off willingly anywhere. A major plot hole is the fact that despite the death of Cronus the Jaffa could have eventually overtaken the ship against four or five people, with or without Teal'c.
                    Not when they control the Pel'tac.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

A great end to the season.

Al'kesh. Ha'tak. Gliders. Apophis and his kick ass mothership. Doesn't get much more awesome than that. I miss all the different Goa'uld ships in later eps.

So Sam blew up a star. With help from Jacob of course. It ain't no solar system though
                      sigpic

Comment

Great end to the 4th Season of SG-1.

So Apophis is back, Teal'c is dead, and we're trapped in another galaxy with no way to get home.

The commentary:
                        • Joe talked about he and Paul used to work on a script as a team
                        • The woman who came in after Tanith fell we an extra, but got lines because of continuity issues
                        • Was recorded during filming (?) of Summit & Last Stand (Joe mentions 8 new System Lords introduced during Season 5)

Tomorrow, the conclusion to this cliffhanger and the beginning of the next part of our journey through the 5th season of Stargate SG-1.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great ending to a top notch season!

Watching it for the first time was the best, it loses a bit with rewatching I found. Still, the effects are good, I loved the way the Stargate was released and tumbled out into space towards the sun.

Apophis ending up in the same spot as SG-1 after being flung into a galaxy, far far away was a surprise first time round and is still a great moment.

Comment

Agreed, great stuff!

My LiveJournal post
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

This is a purely an action episode. Its an all out scramble with capturing Tanith and then trying to avoid the superior forces of Apophis. Its an all out action first episode of trying to cause a sun to explode and then Teal'c has this vendetta against Tanith. It works because thier is so much SG1 has to do in the action context of trying to cripple Apophis and the threat Tanith presents in this episode as he tries to escape. But at the same time it doesn't go too fast like some Stargate episodes. I especially like how the sun somehow makes the hatak go really fast even if such travel is contradicted in future episodes. The one downside is I just do not buy how Tanith escaped Tok'ra capture. It was too easy
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Kinda boring episode in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X